UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Ooh controversial. As I can’t stand thin pack cases but they are better than those US blu Ray cases that have like some lock on them.

I don't mind the lock cases that much. The only cases I have a problem with are the ELITE cases. They're so fragile and can easily break during transit (I had this issue with a few BD cases from the US and some of the DVD cases by ELITE (namely Shout Factory's releases of the Super Sentai series, although not all were affected)).

The BD set will be exactly the same as the DVD version, same style artbox, images, artcards and booklet. Just minus the logos on the spine [all being well and I can convince Tony to do so!].

Next time you decide to belatedly release KnK years after the DVD release, can you not do so one week after I decide to get the DVD box set whilst thinking to myself 'eh, must be a licensing cost issue: dey never gonna be able to release it on BD for less than £200-300'. I'd appreciate it. Really, I would. Truly.

I'm curious, now: was there a reason between the DVD/BD gap? I thought Type-Moon ufotable stuff sold well.

All I want is the 5th movie, which is one of the best directed anime movies of all-time: Baccano in movie form. The things I buy/do for love~

---

Typing of, the Heaven's Feel movie 1 set was glorious for such a low price: I thought it'd just be a crappy slipcover. Instead, chipboard mini-artbox + TWO non-shite art/interview booklets. I'll take it.

PS: Will the second movie be out later this year?

Last edited:
99% sure it's impossible for the end of this year.

AoA took 6 months to relase HF1 after Japan, add another ~ 6 month for the uk release, if the delay is the same for HF2, MVM will probably be able to reelase HF2 in august 2020

I'd be happier if you lied to me and said yes, honestly.

I saw it was unconfirmed for 2019 other day and thought maybe there was hope. Oh well...

They probably also need to give a reason for going to the cinema screenings. At least it got some in the US and Germany for the movies.

Right yes importing... I will weigh anchor, hoist the jolly roger to meet with and pay the exorbitant price from the merchants ships.

Of course I will fully support MVM's release.

Last edited:
My UBW And HF I sets are by far my fav sets I own and I’ve watched HF 3 times now before MVM released it and a digipack is better than the side loading amaray so I’m happy with the £60 premium I paid. Way cheaper than going to SLA for it too.

I support MVM as much as I can, I don’t think they will cry if I say I prefer another release over there’s. Same with why I have AoA Fate/Apocrypha one they didn’t license it till now and two I want more than just an amaray.
I will 100% be getting there Chivalry.

Dont think advocating importing in MVM's thread is a good idea either.

If im going to buy the UK release day 1 anyway, I dont see the issue.

Indeed. Plus the entire catalogue of Anime I bought this year is exclusively stuff I saw behind the commodores back. Since I discoveved AL release Gundam officially and found this place I decided I wanted to support the UK industry. I don't care about paying £30 extra for semantics and stupid slidey cases.

Back