UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
Oh, so it is a thinpak DVD set - so will the blu-rays be in thinpaks too, or just 4 standard blu-ray cases? I actually like those clear thinpak DVD cases better than ugly blue Blu-ray cases.

thedoctor2016

Shinigami
Oh, so it is a thinpak DVD set - so will the blu-rays be in thinpaks too, or just 4 standard blu-ray cases? I actually like those clear thinpak DVD cases better than ugly blue Blu-ray cases.
Ooh controversial. As I can’t stand thin pack cases but they are better than those US blu Ray cases that have like some lock on them.

BlackCondor93

School Idol
Ooh controversial. As I can’t stand thin pack cases but they are better than those US blu Ray cases that have like some lock on them.
I don't mind the lock cases that much. The only cases I have a problem with are the ELITE cases. They're so fragile and can easily break during transit (I had this issue with a few BD cases from the US and some of the DVD cases by ELITE (namely Shout Factory's releases of the Super Sentai series, although not all were affected)).

AironicallyHuman

Time-Traveller
The BD set will be exactly the same as the DVD version, same style artbox, images, artcards and booklet. Just minus the logos on the spine [all being well and I can convince Tony to do so!].
Next time you decide to belatedly release KnK years after the DVD release, can you not do so one week after I decide to get the DVD box set whilst thinking to myself 'eh, must be a licensing cost issue: dey never gonna be able to release it on BD for less than £200-300'. I'd appreciate it. Really, I would. Truly.

I'm curious, now: was there a reason between the DVD/BD gap? I thought Type-Moon ufotable stuff sold well.

All I want is the 5th movie, which is one of the best directed anime movies of all-time: Baccano in movie form. The things I buy/do for love~

---

Typing of, the Heaven's Feel movie 1 set was glorious for such a low price: I thought it'd just be a crappy slipcover. Instead, chipboard mini-artbox + TWO non-shite art/interview booklets. I'll take it.

PS: Will the second movie be out later this year?

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Student Council President
99% sure it's impossible for the end of this year.

AoA took 6 months to relase HF1 after Japan, add another ~ 6 month for the uk release, if the delay is the same for HF2, MVM will probably be able to reelase HF2 in august 2020

AironicallyHuman

Time-Traveller
I'd be happier if you lied to me and said yes, honestly.

I saw it was unconfirmed for 2019 other day and thought maybe there was hope. Oh well...

Sloth_Zeroth

Brigade Leader
I just hope they don't use that thin artbox again mine did not hold up well over the years and with barely any actual use

Vincentdante

Straw Hat Pirate
99% sure it's impossible for the end of this year.

AoA took 6 months to relase HF1 after Japan, add another ~ 6 month for the uk release, if the delay is the same for HF2, MVM will probably be able to reelase HF2 in august 2020
Oof that's a hard pill to swallow

Lambadelta

Za Warudo
if you want to watch it earlier than 6-12 months the extra like £20-30 for the standard, or £50 for the JP LE is worth it.

Luna

Stand User
They probably also need to give a reason for going to the cinema screenings. At least it got some in the US and Germany for the movies.

Vincentdante

Straw Hat Pirate
Right yes importing... I will weigh anchor, hoist the jolly roger to meet with and pay the exorbitant price from the merchants ships.

Of course I will fully support MVM's release.

Last edited:

thedoctor2016

Shinigami
My UBW And HF I sets are by far my fav sets I own and I’ve watched HF 3 times now before MVM released it and a digipack is better than the side loading amaray so I’m happy with the £60 premium I paid. Way cheaper than going to SLA for it too.

thedoctor2016

Shinigami
I support MVM as much as I can, I don’t think they will cry if I say I prefer another release over there’s. Same with why I have AoA Fate/Apocrypha one they didn’t license it till now and two I want more than just an amaray.
I will 100% be getting there Chivalry.