UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Really Nice announcement.
I might go for the Bersek steelbook and Garden of sinners.
Little question about Garden of sinners CE, @MVM can we hope a clean artbox with no logo/BBFC/etc on the spine. like Girl last tour, Grimoir of Zero/etc. ?

Great batch, going with Garden of Sinners, Chivalry of a Failed Knight and Eromanga Sensei.

First and last day 1, failed knight is likely a weekly deal get depending on my budget at the time.

Hmm Berserk you say...? Never heard of it. :p
But Garden of Sinners is up my ally for Nasu shenanigans
And Fate/Apocrypha is tempting

I think I have my Q3 shopping list

Finally I can bid goodbye to my German BD plastered full with rating logos! (Or perhaps not, because they have the French dub on them, but Frankenstein can come then.) And get the epilogue, too. I second the hope that the artbox has no logo. (But even if they do, it's still very much smaller than the German ones.)

Eromanga-sensei is rather infamous, so it got me a bit curious. Chilvary was pretty decent, too bad I already watched the sentai one not too long ago. Fate/Apo is also on my search list. (Although mostly just for the sakuga episodes.)

Finally I can bid goodbye to my German BD plastered full with rating logos! (Or perhaps not, because they have the French dub on them, but Frankenstein can come then.) And get the epilogue, too. I second the hope that the artbox has no logo. (But even if they do, it's still very much smaller than the German ones.)

How bad is it?

I'm just happy I now have a affordable way to get it. It's like less than 1/3 of the price over importing the US version.

Last edited:
How bad is it?
Lamp light is being bad lamp light....
Or some images I did several years ago:
(Didn't do images of the blandness of the digipack's inner side back then.)
There are three volumes for the 7 movies. (And they slapped the last three movies on one disc, which includes the two longest of them, too.) In terms of packaging the other two are following the same pattern. The outer logo on the sidewards slicover is actually removable, but still leaves the stripe and the red kaze logo. (It not as terrible on part 1, as it is on part 3, which is more blue based of a cover.) The inner logo however is printed on (See 1:20), which is looking totaly ugly as hell.
The worst part aside that is probably the spine-width. Since it's a thinny-digipack, it's kind of fragile for this to happen:
and as it never came in a bigger rigid box it's really hard to make out in the shelf with those tiny spines.

Or, alternatively there is of course also this, which would be completely impossible to oversee....

That was some A3 or something. Absurdly huge and I really wonder whatever the designer was thinking when this was penned out. An absolute ergonomic nightmare to store. Also, the holders for the discs were pretty much crap and some discs got scratched. I wound up taking them out and putting it in an empty amaray for safe storage (and it fit into the shelf, hurray), but then I had an empty amaray with no cover... For quite a while that was the only BD version in Germany/France to be had. As soon as the standards were announced it flew out.

Also neither version included the epilogue.

But pricewise it was still a lot less pricy than the JP one at the time (AoA's wasn't even out then) and the JP one itself had a pretty weird format, too.

Garden of Sinners I have both in the big Japanese LE Blu-ray Box with the velvet-covered "Digi" and Book, and also their Standard Blu-ray Box, so I don't think I'll need to get the UK release unless it looks really awesome or different.

I also already have the two AoA Fate/Apocrapha sets, and Funi's standard release of Chivalry. I might get the Berserk Steelbook, GGO Not sure if I liked it enough to get it, but the box might be nice to have (EDIT: ordered GGO w/Box last night - I broke too easily, lol!)

Last edited:
I don't think there was anything in it that would require being cut. It's questionable, sure, but not that questionable.

I held off on getting the Garden of Sinners DVD set in the hopes of an eventual Blu Ray release so I might finally get around to watching the films. I look forward to seeing what MVM do for the new set.

That was some A3 or something. Absurdly huge and I really wonder whatever the designer was thinking when this was penned out. An absolute ergonomic nightmare to store. Also, the holders for the discs were pretty much crap and some discs got scratched. I wound up taking them out and putting it in an empty amaray for safe storage (and it fit into the shelf, hurray), but then I had an empty amaray with no cover... For quite a while that was the only BD version in Germany/France to be had. As soon as the standards were announced it flew out.

Also neither version included the epilogue.

But pricewise it was still a lot less pricy than the JP one at the time (AoA's wasn't even out then) and the JP one itself had a pretty weird format, too.

Not only that thing was "unstorable" but also the PQ (picture quality) was atrocious, and a good quantity of the french unit has a authoring problem making episode 5 unwatchable.
Glad I managed to sold that CE not long ago,

Have that French release myself, and got bless i have a high ceiling so it’s sitting on top of a book case, collecting dust actually. PQ wise it’s indeed miles apart from the US/JP releases, if i’m not mistaken the two longest two hour movies are on one disc :oops:
One upside of that large format is artwork in it which looks great. That and the fact you also get 7 CDs which aren’t in any other release.

Since Garden of Sinners is on my top ten list i also own the JP release of this.

Back