UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

So I'm looking at today's sale, and I'm wondering what people thought of Chobits and Maid Sama are worth a purchase of £15 each? There's mixed(ish) reviews on MAL, so wondering if they are good?

So I'm looking at today's sale, and I'm wondering what people thought of Chobits and Maid Sama are worth a purchase of £15 each? There's mixed(ish) reviews on MAL, so wondering if they are good?
I really enjoyed Chobits it's a bit of a classic. Still looks good for its age as well. Never seen Maid Sama

Seconded on Chobits, I’ve also never seen Maid Sama. If you haven’t already got it then Fruits Basket is well worth £15.
I'm a bit confused. This must be an old series of Fruits Basket is it? I read news that it's getting a series? Can someone explain this for me?

Crazy deals this week. While I'm kind of tempted by Chobits and Fruits Basket at those prices (they seem to be shows everyone watched back in the day) I've never been particularly attracted to the aesthetics of either show.
How's the quality of Fruits Basket in HD. It on my Funimation queue, but it says the videos are 480!
I feel like AUKN is missing a thread about video quality in general, where people could post their observations for future reference. It would be especially useful in the case of upscales, which seem to vary massively. Feels like something @Professor Who could maybe turn his critical eye to, if he felt so inclined?

I feel like AUKN is missing a thread about video quality in general, where people could post their observations for future reference. It would be especially useful in the case of upscales, which seem to vary massively. Feels like something @Professor Who could maybe turn his critical eye to, if he felt so inclined?

Blu-ray.com has a Video Quality thread, and yet the Professor still complains about every release in every thread in that anime forum. We would need to chain him down inside that thread and release the Kraken to get any peace, lol...

Blu-ray.com has a Video Quality thread, and yet the Professor still complains about every release in every thread in that anime forum. We would need to chain him down inside that thread and release the Kraken to get any peace, lol...
I think there is something to be said for scathingly critical reviews (of content or quality) though, even if you don't agree with them. At least they make you aware of everything which could be considered to be bad - Different people are willing to put up with things to different levels, so sometimes the more forgiving will overlook things other people can't stand.

Back