UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if I've asked you but what is the chance of getting a Blu-ray release of Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne? The only one available is Region A locked.

I bloody love it, currently on season 3. I’m hoping Discotek release season 4 and somehow get the older series back into production at some point. I only have the second series on DVD as that’s all I could get.
I've never had a chance to buy the series but watched a load on crunchyroll. Though I missed news on S4 (I think, whichever the latest was) and need to just sit and binge watch it. It's so much fun.

One that I already own unfortunately, but MVM's DOTW is Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent - £14.99
I guess I shouldn’t really care that the CE isn’t an option, as that was just art cards in a box with an identical picture.
I do find it strange that the DOTW doesn’t include the DVD version that’s still listed at a higher price (I thought they would still be clearing out the DVDs)

Underrated comment.

@BrokenPhoenix what’s the vibe of this show? I’m def a fan of random sport anime but my to watch list is extensive and NFL is about to take a lot of my TV time up again soon. Chill vibe would get me interested though.

I'd say it's definitely chill compared to most sports anime. It's quite realistic, and I'd argue it's more drama/character focussed than building up hype for the sport itself, if that makes sense. It's also done by Kyoto animation, so the animation is top notch too.

It's nothing ground breaking in terms of what it does, but I did enjoy the atmosphere of the show and character development.

Tsurune Season 1 standard edition and collector's edition

Tsurune Season 2: The Linking Shot

Is the MVM DOTW this week.

Not been a good few weeks for me personally as I have these ones as well, but a really good watch imo if you haven't got them.

Sorry you haven't managed to get anything over these last few deals of the week, I have been really lucky because I have wanted quite a few of them including these. I nearly bought the first season for £30 recently so this worked out great. I hope something you need/want comes up soon 👍

Back