UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Ended up making a second order on the sale, couldn't help myself, got Bodacious Space Pirates, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Matoi the Sacred Slayer and Nurse Witch Komugi R.

Going to have quite the haul next week.

There is a few more I'd maybe want but I need to somewhat restrict myself 😅
Good choices, easily the best 5 quid you can spend on a show in that sale(Bodacious Space Pirates).

69ijhn.jpg

I guess MVM will just randomly add titles to this sale over the next few months. I'm assuming they probably want to make room in their warehouse for new stuff?
i think it might be the cheap stuff from their christmas sale, i remember familar of zero, captain earth, and muv-luv being in it
but yes it's probably them trying to clear stock from their warehouse
hopefully to make way for all those seasons of jashin they plan to print

Yep I would say its more there older titles (been out a few years) of which have been put up in previous sales like; last christmas. And with what gets added, it probably as your thinking in what ever could free up some space and may struggle to move at full price.

Muv-luv, Captain earth and Nobunaga no fool are all recent re-releases, so I'm wondering whether they re-release maybe didn't do so well and whether some of the other re-releases of complete sets might now no longer happen. Will just have to wait and see I surpose.

Yep I would say its more there older titles (been out a few years) of which have been put up in previous sales like; last christmas. And with what gets added, it probably as your thinking in what ever could free up some space and may struggle to move at full price.

Muv-luv, Captain earth and Nobunaga no fool are all recent re-releases, so I'm wondering whether they re-release maybe didn't do so well and whether some of the other re-releases of complete sets might now no longer happen. Will just have to wait and see I surpose.
I hear the final layer of the Abyss in Made in the Abyss is all the unsold DVDs/Blu Rays from the sales. Just rows and rows of em lol

Jokes aside MVM are such a generous company with all these sales for anime fans out there. They deserve all the praise in the world for doing this and doing it with a smile.

The titles are all pretty much where licenses are due to expire and have no plans to relicense. So once its gone from our site that means all stock is gone from the warehouse.
Thankyou. I guess that means we can expect to see the likes of Bakuon and a few others that you have on the DVD sale added to the Blu Ray one at some point?

The titles are all pretty much where licenses are due to expire and have no plans to relicense. So once its gone from our site that means all stock is gone from the warehouse.
Should we be worried that so many of these you don't plan to relicense? I know that all sell well, but that's a lot of titles. Or that's what it looks to me. :confused:

Should we be worried that so many of these you don't plan to relicense? I know that all sell well, but that's a lot of titles. Or that's what it looks to me. :confused:
They're probably just being smart not relicensing titles that they've recieved the bulk of their sales from. I think in todays climate companies, especially anime ones, have to be careful and not spend money for the sake of doing so. Sure its a lot of titles going away but if they've profited well from them I dont think thats a bad thing. There's always new ones coming from MVM.

Now that I know this I will look at it more carefully. I've been mulling over Hakkenden and Little Busters for so long because I'm not sure if I would enjoy those shows.

If anyone has any doubts about any of the titles in the sale, it might be worth seeing how much you can get for them in CeX (if you ever go near a store).

For example, they're currently offering £7 cash or £10 store credit for the Muv Luv BD collection - Bodacious Space Pirates is the same. Nurse Witch Komugi R will get you £3 cash or £5 credit.

If you buy something and end up not liking it, you'll probably get most of your money back (maybe £1 down) - or possibly make a profit on it.

Obviously this is useless if you've not got a CeX near you, but still...

If anyone has any doubts about any of the titles in the sale, it might be worth seeing how much you can get for them in CeX (if you ever go near a store).

For example, they're currently offering £7 cash or £10 store credit for the Muv Luv BD collection - Bodacious Space Pirates is the same. Nurse Witch Komugi R will get you £3 cash or £5 credit.

If you buy something and end up not liking it, you'll probably get most of your money back (maybe £1 down) - or possibly make a profit on it.

Obviously this is useless if you've not got a CeX near you, but still...
Good advice. I get paid tomorrow so I'll place an order in that case

Back