UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

The thing is in Japan, Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari Black were given a BD-Box together whereas Bakemonogatari remains on its own. Aniplex of America technically should be able to provide a similar release but at this point they're more or less waiting on Aniplex Japan to make a First Season (exc. Kizu) box set.

In other words, in the middle case scenario I believe MVM should be able to do a Nise & Neko Black collection while waiting on a proper First Season BD-Box later down the line.

Random note: Monogatari as a whole is 100 episodes and 3 films in total.

Nise and Neko Black bunduru would be nice since both shows on their own feel like somewhat of an extension of each other.

The one true order is alphabetical

We must go deeper, time for the episode count order.

A quick question about orders with both in-stock and pre-order items from MVM, do they ship the in-stock stuff straight away or hold them and ship with the pre-order stuff once they arrive?

Their FAQ suggests the former but is a little ambiguous, just want to make sure, thanks.

A quick question about orders with both in-stock and pre-order items from MVM, do they ship the in-stock stuff straight away or hold them and ship with the pre-order stuff once they arrive?

Their FAQ suggests the former but is a little ambiguous, just want to make sure, thanks.
They ship stuff as it becomes available. So current stuff will ship immediately and any pre orders will ship as they turn up.

Edit: note you'll only get a dispatch email once the final item is sent

They ship stuff as it becomes available. So current stuff will ship immediately and any pre orders will ship as they turn up.

Edit: note you'll only get a dispatch email once the final item is sent
Ah, thank you for the confirmation, and the dispatch email thing is good to know, too.

The thing is in Japan, Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari Black were given a BD-Box together whereas Bakemonogatari remains on its own. Aniplex of America technically should be able to provide a similar release but at this point they're more or less waiting on Aniplex Japan to make a First Season (exc. Kizu) box set.

In other words, in the middle case scenario I believe MVM should be able to do a Nise & Neko Black collection while waiting on a proper First Season BD-Box later down the line.

Random note: Monogatari as a whole is 100 episodes and 3 films in total.
Just to jump in on this, we are aware of this collection and have since asked again if a Bake/Nise/Black complete would be allowed but still nope. Our license on Neko Black had expired which is why there haven't been any reprints.

We are however looking into relicensing and seeing if we'd be able to release just the Nise & Black as a collection similar to the Japanese release.

Just to jump in on this, we are aware of this collection and have since asked again if a Bake/Nise/Black complete would be allowed but still nope. Our license on Neko Black had expired which is why there haven't been any reprints.

We are however looking into relicensing and seeing if we'd be able to release just the Nise & Black as a collection similar to the Japanese release.

If the box were to happen to fit your existing Nise collection box in, instead of Black that would be even better... :)

I see Bake and Nise as the primary season 1 sets, Black is kind of side-issue to me, so your box could both give people a reprint of Black, whilst also allowing them to swap in the existing Nise sets instead for an impromptu Season 1 box...

Honestly, my golden rule now is just to wait for what I want to appear in the weekly deals unless it's low stock or something I'm super super passionate about. They have consistently been better that their 'sale' prices.

That's me waiting for Land of the Lustrous as I missed it on the last weekly sale, and after watching it I want to buy it, but at the previous weekly price :)

What you could do is just buy Bake on it's own and see if you like it before you comit to anything, If you end up hating it you can CEX that sucker and nothing los
I think that's the best advice possible relating to Monogatari, Bake really is a perfect taster which you will either have you hooked or running a mile in the opposite direction. In case of the latter scenario you won't lose out by just selling it back at the same price if not higher even...

I just ordered that over the last weekend with the easter discount code, grrrr...

Was only released a little over 4 months ago, too.
I feel your pain though I pre-ordered not that long ago as opposed to your very, very recent purchase which would definitely sting more. Still one of my favourites so think that regardless it's worth it even at full price.

Just a heads up, Kandagawa Jet Girls has been delayed till the 24th of May, two weeks later than the previously announced date of the 10th.

Back