Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Wildcard said:
Many 360 games struggle on PS3 afterall or don't run as smoothly (sorry PS3 owners).

That actually isn't the fault of the Playstation but rather the programmer. The Playstation has quite a lot of power behind it (it can reach a processing power of 4.7GHz) but since the programmer most likely developed it for the 360 first as it is easier, they would have just slapped it on the PS3 which would not utilize any of its power thus it can appear to run worse.

The PS3 is running quite excellent technology. The technology that is being used in it will start to be used more and more often as computers will need to take that root if they are to get more powerful but with the extra power requires more effort from the programmer to utilise it all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Xbox uses technology that is similar to the CELL processor.

Lupus Inu said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/99-Metal-Gear-Solid-4

You rage you lose.

Yeah I watched that already, not as good as his others.

Plus he played the game on easy lol.

Zen 2nd said:
Wildcard said:
Many 360 games struggle on PS3 afterall or don't run as smoothly (sorry PS3 owners).

That actually isn't the fault of the Playstation but rather the programmer. The Playstation has quite a lot of power behind it (it can reach a processing power of 4.7GHz) but since the programmer most likely developed it for the 360 first as it is easier, they would have just slapped it on the PS3 which would not utilize any of its power thus it can appear to run worse.

The PS3 is running quite excellent technology. The technology that is being used in it will start to be used more and more often as computers will need to take that root if they are to get more powerful but with the extra power requires more effort from the programmer to utilise it all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Xbox uses technology that is similar to the CELL processor.

You're probably right about the programing aspect. I'm sure the Ps3 can run anything the 360 can. The Orange Box is a good example, Valve refused to port it for the Ps3 and the guys they passed it onto made a hash job of it. I'm sure the PS3 does have superior hardware to the 360, it just seems most developers are only just starting to get to grips with it. The 360 was no different on release, just look at the launch titles I mean :(

Wildcard said:
Zen 2nd said:
Wildcard said:

You're probably right about the programing aspect. I'm sure the Ps3 can run anything the 360 can. The Orange Box is a good example, Valve refused to port it for the Ps3 and the guys they passed it onto made a hash job of it. I'm sure the PS3 does have superior hardware to the 360, it just seems most developers are only just starting to get to grips with it. The 360 was no different on release, just look at the launch titles I mean :(

I personally see it as, 360 has more games but the PS3 has better quality.
and takes longer to produce. the 360 is cheaper but less reliable, the Ps3 is most reliable and has more to offer, but is more expensive. Guess its up to the individual being faced with the question of "what do i want most?"

Liquid Skin said:
Has everyone got to the "change discs" part of it yet? Such a blatant hack at the 360. Ah kojima, you're such a fanboy and i love it!

Like many people, I think you missed the point of that. Kojima is clearly just making fun of the original PlayStation format, not the 360 :]

Well it certainly stomps on rumours of a 360 port, a dual-layer dvd carries 8GB whilst the dual-Blu-Ray has 50....

With that said even Kojima said the 50GB wasnt enough for MGS4.

A six disc 360 port would be fun though, it'd remind me of the days when i used to play monkey island on my amiga *sigh*

I will admit however that Kojima hasn't taken sides and indeed even says a port is managable; whether it'll actually happen is another story. It wont happen under him for a long while what with him working on the new ZOE game now *glee* Whether a underling will do it for him instead remains to be seen, i know that 360-PS3 ports are hard what with the CELL structure but has a PS3-360 port even happened yet?

Liquid Skin said:
Has everyone got to the "change discs" part of it yet? Such a blatant hack at the 360. Ah kojima, you're such a fanboy and i love it! :D

Err... it's taking piss out of the PS1. not 360.

Still... that joke made me lol =D

Oh btw... I completed MGS4 on a friday. And I loved the part where Snake walks through the microwave hallway. Simply epic... ;D

As for Mr no personality.... He finally have a personality in the end. Which is emo-ish... great -_-

But overall, I loved the game. Vamp and Drebin are the highlights of the game... and Johnny is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrono Mizaki said:
As for Mr no personality.... He finally have a personality in the end. Which is emo-ish... great -_-

Where do you come up with this stuff? :s How does Raiden have any less of a distinct personality than any of the other characters? How is he being "emo" at the end? I really have no idea where you get these ideas from, so could you please explain them a little?

Liquid Skin said:
Has everyone got to the "change discs" part of it yet? Such a blatant hack at the 360. Ah kojima, you're such a fanboy and i love it! :D

:lol: That bit is because in MGS1 you had to change discs at that point.

Just finished it today. Its awesome.

CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

Where do you come up with this stuff? :s How does Raiden have any less of a distinct personality than any of the other characters? How is he being "emo" at the end? I really have no idea where you get these ideas from, so could you please explain them a little?

It's just my immature thinking of 'people who look depressing all the time' are emo.

Don't worry... I do like Raiden. But I think he took a backward step since MGS2, which I like about him. And let's not forget the fact that since Raiden went 'Ninja', everyone seems to go 'OMG' fanboyish/fangirlish.

Chrono Mizaki said:
It's just my immature thinking of 'people who look depressing all the time' are emo.

Yeah, basically anyone who isn't abnormally happy is "emo" by your logic, it seems :roll:

And let's not forget the fact that since Raiden went 'Ninja', everyone seems to go 'OMG' fanboyish/fangirlish.

What does that have to do with anything? :s

CitizenGeek said:

Reading their comments on 'how they like raiden' when they hated them in the first place makes me think that 'Raiden' has changed to suit the generic fans.

But hey... Maybe I just like the 'girlish-boy' Raiden than the 'bad-ass, ninja' Raiden

Yeah, basically anyone who isn't abnormally happy is "emo" by your logic, it seems

Whee =D Yup. If they aren't happy, then they are emo by my logic =D

Tachi- said:
CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:
And let's not forget the fact that since Raiden went 'Ninja', everyone seems to go 'OMG' fanboyish/fangirlish.

Agreed, there wasn't a fanboy/fangirl 'OMG' when gray fox was the cyborg Ninja.

Maybe because people didn't know who Grey Fox was? and plus he was a boss who knew how to make an entrance and an exit, getting squished by Liquid controlled Metal Gear Rex

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

Agreed, there wasn't a fanboy/fangirl 'OMG' when gray fox was the cyborg Ninja.

Maybe because people didn't know who Grey Fox was? and plus he was a boss who knew how to make an entrance and an exit, getting squished by Liquid controlled Metal Gear Rex

:lol: Yeah that was abit of a epic exit. i love Metal gear Rex, its by far the best metal gear.

Raiden was awesome in MGS4 I thought. I loved the part where Rex vs Ray. :p :lol:

Back