Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Ninja Boy! said:
i wonder what he will make next......would be cool if he did a remake of policenauts or Snatcher....not many people have played these before and those that have are saying good things.

It's been said before...but i don't mind repeating it, Zone of the Enders 3 :wink: He's said in interviews he's got plenty of ideas for it

BlackWolf said:
Ninja Boy! said:
i wonder what he will make next......would be cool if he did a remake of policenauts or Snatcher....not many people have played these before and those that have are saying good things.

It's been said before...but i don't mind repeating it, Zone of the Enders 3 :wink: He's said in interviews he's got plenty of ideas for it

ZOE3 is most likely to be next considering he hasnt touched ZOE in a long time and that Lunar Knights was his most recent non MGS game.....to my knowledge.

image the graphics of ZOE3 on the ps3.....would be mind blowing stuff.

I almost cried when snake and otocon were traveling back to shadow mosses and it cuts back to the biginning of the first game, the thought going through my head was "oh ffs you mean i have to complete 1 again to progress??" then over reacted and freaked thinking "if i have to go through the first game....will it make me go through the 2nd one too :eek:" when it cut out and turned out it was snake dreaming i was like "phew" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Metal Gear Solid 4 on Tuesday... and I'm on Act 3 where I have to fight Raging Raven (I'm not slow... but for some odd reason, my mum put me a limit on a PS3 like a computer or something >.>)

I loved every minute of it so far. The gameplay is a good improvement, the Octocamo is great, the characters are excellent.

My only gripe is that Raiden seem to have little or no personality at all (I prefer him in MGS2, no matter how girly he was). But the fight scenes between Raiden and Vamp just made me smile...

The Beauty and the Beast are inferior to the like of Foxhound and the bosses on MGS3 (forgot the name) imo.

But a great follow up imo so far <3

Chrono Mizaki said:
My only gripe is that Raiden seem to have little or no personality at all

I definitely don't agree; Raiden is well developed in MGS4 I think!

The Beauty and the Beast are inferior to the like of Foxhound and the bosses on MGS3 (forgot the name) imo.

The bosses in MGS3 were the Cobra Unit :] I agree that the B&B Unit isn't as good or as developed at Dead Cell, Cobra, or Foxhound but those are still some awesome boss fights! I think Screaming Mantis is probably one of the most inventive boss battles int he whole series!

CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:
My only gripe is that Raiden seem to have little or no personality at all

I definitely don't agree; Raiden is well developed in MGS4 I think!

It depends if he picks up in the later act. If so, I'll take back what I say about Raiden.

Raidens a strong character in both physical and endurance.
His personality is reserved because of the things that happend in the previous games. but you'll find that out later.

This game has caused me to question my purchase of a 360 for the first time in 2 years. That said, as much as I love MGS, I'm not dishing out £500 odd to play it :p

Well, I must say that it's worth it. MGS4 is fantastic, and now that I've had a week to reflect on it, I've come to realise that it's probably one of the best games I've ever played. Seriously, it's really, really great.

Wildcard said:
This game has caused me to question my purchase of a 360 for the first time in 2 years. That said, as much as I love MGS, I'm not dishing out £500 odd to play it :p

You can pick up a 40Gig ps3 for around £200 and a copy of mgs4 at £39.99 :p

oh and i second what cg just said, mgs4 is by far on of the best games i've ever played too.

CitizenGeek said:
Well, I must say that it's worth it. MGS4 is fantastic, and now that I've had a week to reflect on it, I've come to realise that it's probably one of the best games I've ever played. Seriously, it's really, really great.

MGS2 is one of my all time favourites so I'm sure it would be worth it. Still I'd kick myself if I bought a PS3 to play it and then saw a port of it on Xbox a year or two later like 'Substance'. I'll wait a while and see what happens.

Wildcard said:
CitizenGeek said:

MGS2 is one of my all time favourites so I'm sure it would be worth it. Still I'd kick myself if I bought a PS3 to play it and then saw a port of it on Xbox a year or two later like 'Substance'. I'll wait a while and see what happens.

Probably a safe bet though people have said that the 360 isn't capable of running it. On saying that though i'm sure i've heard stories like that before mind and look what happened *cough*Devil May Cry 4 *cough* :roll:

Wouldn't hold much hope to be honest.
I don't like the fact that there's games "only for 360" advertised on tv when its for the PS3 too.
But there are games especially for certain consoles. like Halo is only for the 360 used to annoy me, then i realised the Halo series is boring. Unfortunately for everyone else in the gaming world, metal gear solid remains with sony. i don't think that will ever change.

Tachi- said:
I don't like the fact that there's games "only for 360" advertised on tv when its for the PS3 too.
But there are games especially for certain consoles. like Halo is only for the 360 used to annoy me, then i realised the Halo series is boring. Unfortunately for everyone else in the gaming world, metal gear solid remains with sony. i don't think that will ever change.

Although it wouldn't be the first time a metal gear game has been on one console then appeared on another, look at Twin Snakes, the remake of the first MGS on Gamecube...bet that surprised a fair few people, plus Metal Gear Solid 2 + 3 did later reappear on the original Xbox. I agree with you on Halo, last Halo game i bought was Halo 2 and i never bothered with number three. Of course thing with that is that Bungie (people who made Halo) are no longer with Microsoft so they could go back to making games for other consoles.

Speaking from a game developers position though there's more money in making multiformat games, hence why EA normally release for every single console going. So if Konami ever needed to boost their sales all they would have to do is wait a little while (about a year after the games original release) and then announce it.

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:

Although it wouldn't be the first time a metal gear game has been on one console then appeared on another, look at Twin Snakes, the remake of the first MGS on Gamecube...bet that surprised a fair few people, plus Metal Gear Solid 2 + 3 did later reappear on the original Xbox. I agree with you on Halo, last Halo game i bought was Halo 2 and i never bothered with number three. Of course thing with that is that Bungie (people who made Halo) are no longer with Microsoft so they could go back to making games for other consoles.

Speaking from a game developers position though there's more money in making multiformat games, hence why EA normally release for every single console going. So if Konami ever needed to boost their sales all they would have to do is wait a little while (about a year after the games original release) and then announce it.

Yeah, the profits would go through the roof and Konami would be raking it in by the cargoships load. and mgs twin snakes being released for the gamecube wasn't too much a shock, if you think back. metal gear solid started off life with the gameboy (nintendo) although i think that its origins could be even further than that (a red flag is saying it could of been released for the phoenix) but thats old old old school technology :lol:

So thinking about it from a business mindframe the ps3 has the highest graphics in the market right now. it'd be given the respect it deserves being released for the PS3. Releasing for the Wii wouldn't be the smartest idea as it wouldn't have the graphic content and would either over complicate the game or just result in a failure as it wouldn't be taken seriously on that console. the 360 would give it the graphic thumbs up. but i just have a doubt that Konami would allow Microsoft to buy the rights to publish the game on the 360.

If it were to be released on the Xbox 360 it would be a long time before you see it. The reason being is that MGS 4 was built on the PS3 from the ground up. It would prove rather difficult to port it to the 360 then. Plus a whole disc would be needed for the cinematics alone.

Tachi- said:
Wildcard said:

You can pick up a 40Gig ps3 for around £200 and a copy of mgs4 at £39.99 :p

oh and i second what cg just said, mgs4 is by far on of the best games i've ever played too.

I 3rd that... I'm on Act 5 and it's one of the best game I've played in ages. The level where I get to revist Shadow Moses just brought up a lot of awesome memories for me. Reminds me when I was like 9 and I played it all night with my brothers, getting past bosses like Wolf and Psycho mantis <3

And my favourite boss battle is 'Crying Wolf'. Reminds me of Sniper Wolf and The end, just win <3

So yeah... definitley the best game I've played this year. Well, as good as Persona 3 goes =P

Tachi- said:
Yeah, the profits would go through the roof and Konami would be raking it in by the cargoships load. and mgs twin snakes being released for the gamecube wasn't too much a shock, if you think back. metal gear solid started off life with the gameboy (nintendo) although i think that its origins could be even further than that (a red flag is saying it could of been released for the phoenix) but thats old old old school technology :lol:

So thinking about it from a business mindframe the ps3 has the highest graphics in the market right now. it'd be given the respect it deserves being released for the PS3. Releasing for the Wii wouldn't be the smartest idea as it wouldn't have the graphic content and would either over complicate the game or just result in a failure as it wouldn't be taken seriously on that console. the 360 would give it the graphic thumbs up. but i just have a doubt that Konami would allow Microsoft to buy the rights to publish the game on the 360.

Actually the series started off with Metal Gear (note no Solid in the title) that came out on the old MSX console before being ported to the NES which then got released in america (it even got an unoffical sequel with Snakes Revenge) though the game was edited. Metal Gear Solid was revived on the PSone :p the only gameboy MGS was a sort of sequel to MGS :lol:

BlackWolf said:
plus Metal Gear Solid 2 + 3 did later reappear on the original Xbox.

3 was on Xbox? You sure about that? I swear I heard nothing about it.

BlackWolf said:
Probably a safe bet though people have said that the 360 isn't capable of running it. On saying that though i'm sure i've heard stories like that before mind and look what happened *cough*Devil May Cry 4 *cough* Rolling Eyes

It may be unlikely it will ever see a port, but I'd wager the 360 could handle it fine given the correct programming. Many 360 games struggle on PS3 afterall or don't run as smoothly (sorry PS3 owners). Hell, they got the massive San Andreas working on the incredibly outdated PS2 so anything is possible.

Wildcard said:
BlackWolf said:
plus Metal Gear Solid 2 + 3 did later reappear on the original Xbox.

3 was on Xbox? You sure about that? I swear I heard nothing about it.

Turns out you're right, MGS3 never did turn up on Xbox... :oops: and once again i make an idiot out of myself :p Still it could be that Sony signed an exlcusive contract like they did with Rockstar over the GTA games on PS2 (and once that contract was over they went straight to Xbox)

Back