MCM London Comic Con May 2017 --NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS--

Anime Limited Panel 2

Hyouka
New license
Blu-ray Collector's Edition and DVD
Part 1 due for 2017

ERASED
Part 1 arrives in Q3 2017 with 6 episodes (due to Aniplex)
CE includes 92 page booklet, awaiting design approvals

Wolf's Rain
New license
Blu-ray confirmed
Q4 2017

Anime is coming to UKTV channel Viceland (Sky 153 and NOWTV). Eureka Seven and Tokyo Ghoul are confirmed to be shown.

Last edited:
Wolf's Rain is a fantastic series, but SD upscales have always seemed to be a waste of resources to me.

Q&A session now

Any chance of Little Witch Academia coming to the UK on home video?
Nothing known at this point.

No confirmed news on whether Viceland's anime titles will be dubbed or subtitled - more likely to be dubbed though.

Any plans to release Evangelion 2.22 and 3.33? Anime Limited don't currently have rights to those films, but they would like to if possible.

Any chance of a resin wolf for the Wolf's Rain Blu-ray release? It'll be a Collector's Edition, not an Ultimate Edition.

Any show's you're currently enjoying? Jeremy is talking of his enjoyment of Re:Creators (which we wholeheartedly agree with).

Any more Gundam info? Only Gundam ZZ currently has details confirmed, subtitle-only. There should be an update on Turn-A Gundam soon hopefully. Gundam ZZ will be coming later this year. More Gundam titles beyond those mentioned are in the works, no further info at present though.

Last edited:
Wolf's Rain is a fantastic series, but SD upscales have always seemed to be a waste of resources to me.

There are pluses if done right. Zero compression, native frame rates as opposed to NTSC-PAL blended frames conversion, the possibility of progressive transfers, better colour definition if mastered from the original video source as opposed to using the DVD masters, and of course lossless audio. That plus more episodes on scratch resistant discs makes me think every time about upgrading to BD even for SD transfers. But then you sometimes get over DNR'd Q-Tec smeared rubbish which makes you stick with the DVD.

Q&A session now
Wait, so they're only announcing two new licenses? :s I mean I'll pick up Hyouka but still that's not a lot.

Also, £40 for 6 episodes of ERASED is still too much for me (yes, I know it will be less than that, I'm taking that into account), it'll need to drop closer to half of that tbh.

Last edited:
Honestly disappointed if thats the only announcements we are getting, nothing too exciting.

The Wolfs Rain upscale is merely okay, not terrible like the Q-Tec mess for Haruhi S1 but also not fantastic like the Bones series FMA, E7 and Scrapped Princess releases.

Anime on TV is something that always sounds exciting and for Films it's okay but for a TV series its seems pointless in this day and age.

There are pluses if done right. Zero compression, native frame rates as opposed to NTSC-PAL blended frames conversion, the possibility of progressive transfers, better colour definition if mastered from the original video source as opposed to using the DVD masters, and of course lossless audio. That plus more episodes on scratch resistant discs makes me think every time about upgrading to BD even for SD transfers. But then you sometimes get over DNR'd Q-Tec smeared rubbish which makes you stick with the DVD.

You make good points, whacking up the bit rate never hurts and Blu-Ray provides more breathing room to do that - provided you also have an optimal episodes per disc ratio. But you really do have to go back to the original elements, and not make do with - as you say - the DVD masters or any other second/third generation source.

Anime Limited Panel 2

The Delays of Haruhi Suzumiya
No update on Anime Limited's release of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 1. The authoring for the US release has made it trickier.

Fairy Tail
Jeremy has commented that Fairy Tail has been selling consistently well after its return to UK home video.

Back