Manga's new release schedule

MikeP said:
britguy said:
Slightly OT but in relation to the previous conversation, I have never watched an Haruhi but I want the movie on BD, can it be enjoyed as a stand alone piece or would previous knowledge of the haruhi plot/universe be advisable?

It could probably be enjoyed, but you would have no idea what was going on.
I really do not advise trying to watch it without previous knowledge.

I would say season 2 is not necessary for back story, in fact you can get by with the main "melancholy" arc from s1 I think, it has all the relevant facts.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ayase said:
animefreak17 said:
Cathe said:
Anyone know if k-on is likely to get a full season release? I hate buying single dvd's. I much prefer full seasons or half season sets.
look at the anime schedule its there
A full season release for K-on is there, is it? No. It isn't.

af17, I don't think you're a bad guy but I do think patience is wearing a little thin now. Can you please check what you've written is relevant or necessary (or indeed accurate) before pressing the "submit" button?
But he's right it is on there. Now who looks foolish?
Where? It's not on up on AOL or the list Dave wrote out. I've been through this entire thread with "k-on" in the find box, been to Manga's website and checked future releases on HMV and Amazon and can't find any information suggesting a full season release of K-on, and certainly no street date. I never look foolish.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I would say season 2 is not necessary for back story, in fact you can get by with the main "melancholy" arc from s1 I think, it has all the relevant facts.
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is very relevant. The film mostly works because of the show and services the characters as such.
ayase said:
Where? It's not on up on AOL or the list Dave wrote out. I've been through this entire thread with "k-on" in the find box, been to Manga's website and checked future releases on HMV and Amazon and can't find any information suggesting a full season release of K-on, and certainly no street date. I never look foolish.
The AUKN one, right here

To clarify the situation regarding K-ON! Box set. MangaUK have said that their will be complete Blu-Ray set released sometime next year in March. Theirs no exact date for release or even a price as of yet.

I have yet to see any news regarding a DVD box set coming out in the UK. But looking back at MangaUK previous DVD release strategy, K-ON! would be very likely to get a DVD Box set at some point.

Only either K'ON! selling really badly or a strict license agreements issues will put a stop to a box set release.

EDIT: This is where the info came from for K-On! release plan: http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=14141&highlight=kon

Hopefully the issue of whether people think ayase was correct or not won't cloud the "irony" (read: troll-ness) of af17's post in any case.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ayase said:
animefreak17 said:
Cathe said:
Anyone know if k-on is likely to get a full season release? I hate buying single dvd's. I much prefer full seasons or half season sets.
look at the anime schedule its there
A full season release for K-on is there, is it? No. It isn't.

af17, I don't think you're a bad guy but I do think patience is wearing a little thin now. Can you please check what you've written is relevant or necessary (or indeed accurate) before pressing the "submit" button?

But he's right it is on there. Now who looks foolish?
no ones foolish he just couldn't find it. it of could happen to anyone.

Awesome. Hopefully it does well enough that the season box still gets it's release. I think i'll hold out for that :)

Back