Manga's 1st podcast is up...

lubricatedfanatic said:
Jerome is an Aussie. This explains so, so many things :p
No, it really does. He was probably just expecting people on Twitter to reply with a friendly "get stuffed Jerome, ya c*nt" rather than "this attitude really isn't on old chap".

Also that name change is inspired, but what will I call you now... Lubio? Sounds like the name of a really dodgy ThunderCat.

Thought it was very good imo, very interesting to hear about industry stuff from MangaUK's point of view. In saying that, they could run out of such things to talk about quite quickly if they do it too often, so once a month should suffice.

That was the longest podcast I've ever sat through. Kudos to them for putting the effort in though. Not sure there was much in there of interest to me, though bits and pieces were entertaining.

Does Jerome realise that the fans he is commenting about (e.g. ones on twitter) are probably exactly the same people listening to the podcast? :p

This utterly confirms my susspisions in regards to Manga Shooting thier mouth off before something's truely a thing and there's no balls in the business department.

Also, we'll never get One Piece, ever. Not that will stop Manga from stringing people along on the subject.

ConanThe3rd said:
This utterly confirms my susspisions in regards to Manga Shooting thier mouth off before something's truely a thing and there's no balls in the business department.

Also, we'll never get One Piece, ever. Not that will stop Manga from stringing people along on the subject.

Yeah, I noticed how subtly (not), Blue Exorcist went from confirmed on Twitter back to a title that they are mildly interested in...

ayase said:
lubricatedfanatic said:
Jerome is an Aussie. This explains so, so many things :p
No, it really does. He was probably just expecting people on Twitter to reply with a friendly "get stuffed Jerome, ya c*nt" rather than "this attitude really isn't on old chap".

Also that name change is inspired, but what will I call you now... Lubio? Sounds like the name of a really dodgy ThunderCat.

I didn't even notice the name change. Probably because I've been thinking of that as your name in my head for months already!

Huh, they unconfirmed Blue Exorcist in it? I guess they want to be able to announce some surprises at conventions. I'd like to see into Jerome's head one day to understand how he thinks Twitter is a different universe which only hip people can see.

R

Yeah, I thought Blue Exrosit was geting released.

Course, Manga, so who knows.

Also, I find it kinda rich that Manga are all like "Q_Q TV, Y U NO 9-18 YEAR OLD BOY AUDIANCE" when they have like all the cards in that regard. I'm sure if they just ask STARZ hard enough,, they could have the start of a 9-18 boy's channel from which to get all that stuff from.

And with Jerome at frount, they can have all the snarky, passive agressive take downs of CN, Nick, Disney, BBC, ITV and ChartShow TV they can muster.

Then again, he dissed SuperTed and Bananaman so, really, he's not anyone I'd want to associate with

Hey Manga here's a free idea for you. Why don't you make sure that you have secured the license before you you tell people that you have it? Complete and utter stupid ******* pricks the lot of you.

ayase said:
Just Passing Through said:
I didn't even notice the name change. Probably because I've been thinking of that as your name in my head for months already!
Name change? Why, whatever do you mean?

And yeah, I knew that Manga would be at fault for the Angel Beats delay. It makes me feel even less guilty about importing it the other day :DDDD

MaxonTreik said:
They already have a blog nobody reads. Why are they wasting their time with this bollocks? Get a grip, Manga.
I was assuming the podcast(s) might deal with stuff that people care about - licenses and news about the industry. Haven't listened to it yet.

Not sure what the point of their blog is, since it never carries any news and generally only features inane ramblings about what they'll be releasing next.

VoxPhantom said:
MaxonTreik said:
They already have a blog nobody reads. Why are they wasting their time with this bollocks? Get a grip, Manga.
I was assuming the podcast(s) might deal with stuff that people care about - licenses and news about the industry. Haven't listened to it yet.
They already have a website and Twitter account, so I don't think yet another avenue of telling people what BDs will be cancelled is needed.

ANN article about the podcast.

Regarding the comment he made about a potential One Piece license. To me it sounded like if the licensor (Toei) is content with the performance of upcoming series (DBZ and others?) he should be able to get a contract signed for One Piece.

It certainly sounded between the lines that their upcoming secret announcement *cough*DBZ*cough* will lead on to other things *cough*OP*cough*.

MikeP said:
ANN article about the podcast.

Regarding the comment he made about a potential One Piece license. To me it sounded like if the licensor (Toei) is content with the performance of upcoming series (DBZ and others?) he should be able to get a contract signed for One Piece.
We're screwed then. Cuz the Japanese have no godamned clue what passes for "Contentable" preformance these days.

Back