Manga UK License-a-thon-a-mon January 2011

Shikabane Hime (Season 1 only) - 23rd May. DVD only (2 discs).

Fairy Tail - Currently DVD; but needs to check with licensors about their plan. Hopefully out in 2011.

Fairy Tail doesn't look to be licensed in the US, so chances are we could see it without a dub. Still, very much surprised by this and will gladly pick it up.

Ryu Shoji said:
Does Fairy Tail even have an English dub yet? I guess Manga UK are also curious about the sub-only market.

There is an Animax english dub, but I have serious doubt that it will be comming here...

I wonder if it will be a situation like Durarara, where they announce a sub-only release, only for a dub to be announced shortly after xD

Jayme said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
Ryo Chan said:
great means funi will have the dvd's soon, another show to import \o/

Why? Manga are going to release it, do you not care about your local anime distributors anymore? :(
I've been through this. The FMA BD's were the last straw, I think.

Anyone bar Manga, yes lol

oh well, if no one owns it, i'll stick to crunchyroll rather than pay Manga for a series they'll probually stop releasing half way through

Durial666 said:
How childish...

call it what you want, but end of they day, they've cost me £60 i won't get back

can buy 3 boxsets for that. Tell me, if you get bad customer service somewhere, do you go back and spend more cash there again?

I would say if Manga wants to get good sales then they could sell fairy tail over in the US considering no one else licensed it... however many more issues may arise and it would take a lot of effort to do so.

Back