Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

I got round to watching this the other night. I would say it was horror flick with added sex scenes, some of which is a bit unnecessary, but other bits relate to the story.

This is the western version of three OVAs cut together (so some times the story jumps), dubbed only (average at best) and bits cut out (probably penetration shots).

So really not worth the fuss by todays standard, but probably got the same flawed arguement today about video games, ie corrupting the youth through something that should should be sweetness and light like they were in their youth, but it's flawed because they're 18 certificates so kids shouldn't be seeing/playing them.

Ditchdigger said:
I got round to watching this the other night. I would say it was horror flick with added sex scenes, some of which is a bit unnecessary, but other bits relate to the story.

This is the western version of three OVAs cut together (so some times the story jumps), dubbed only (average at best) and bits cut out (probably penetration shots).

So really not worth the fuss by todays standard, but probably got the same flawed arguement today about video games, ie corrupting the youth through something that should should be sweetness and light like they were in their youth, but it's flawed because they're 18 certificates so kids shouldn't be seeing/playing them.

Oh, testify! Now if only the complainers would realise that the age certificates are there for a reason, and stop being morons.

King Jimmeh said:
Ditchdigger said:

Oh, testify! Now if only the complainers would realise that the age certificates are there for a reason, and stop being morons.

Agreed, especially when some of the complainers are buything these thnigs for the wrong people in the first place (buying them for the kids expecting something different as Ditchdigger said)

Altough in the overfiend's case the Video/ DVD cover alone should of tipped people off to its content alone

First off I would just like to say hi I am new member here tho I have been lurking for about two weeks.

Now about this magazine, I can understand why some ppl think the price is a bit much as you can buy most of the dvds you get in the set cheaper online or in some stores but for people like me who are pretty new to anime then it is a good place to start.

Not just that but it also opened my eyes to shows and films that I would never have giving a second glance at in a store. Shows like Tokyo Underground and Tactics which I now rate as two of my favourite shows. Not just that but if it wasn't for Manga Force sending Blood I would never have discovered one of the greatest anime horror series of all time Blood+ and if they had not sent Perfect Blue I would never have heard of Satoshi Kon which led me to buying Paprika which is a brilliant work of art.

So yeah while the price may be a bit high compared to online ones and the magazine itself leaves a lot to be desired I still say it is good value for money simply because it makes you more aware of what is out there in the world of anime

54 was Otogi Zoshi Volume 2 Episodes 6-9
55 is Tokko Volume 1 Episodes 1-5
56 is tactics Volume 2 Episodes 6-9
and 57 will be Noein Volume 1 Episodes 1-5?

Its £8 an issue, and frankly I've yet to read any of the 6/8 page "magazines". I have it on order as I want to get more anime but am too lazy to search out for stuff like Akira, GitS, etc.

60 is Otogi Zoshi Volume 3
and 61 will be Tactics Volume 3

The magazines have small info boxes about the directors, episode guides, production, subject matter of the anime (e.g. time period) and a glossary (normally one or two words mentioned in the magazine that relate to anime in general, Japan or the title itself).

The mag is rubbish the dvds vary from great to what the **** was that I just watched lol.

Just wish they would make up their mind how long this collection is going to last, plus the covers that come eith the dvds are crap I hope I can find some nice customs ones

I subscribed to manga force over a year ago and Im currently on issue 59.

I've really enjoyed Akira, Ghost in the Shell 1+2, Tokko, Tokyo Underground, Blood, Black Jack and Virus.

I've heard that they will be issueing the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series' too.

To answer one of the comments on here, yes it does include Urotosukidoji: The Legend of the Overfiend and its Sequel, but Im wondering if it'll be issueing Urotosukidoji 3 and 4 aswell.

Tokkofan said:
I subscribed to manga force over a year ago and Im currently on issue 59.

I've really enjoyed Akira, Ghost in the Shell 1+2, Tokko, Tokyo Underground, Blood, Black Jack and Virus.

I've heard that they will be issueing the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series' too.

To answer one of the comments on here, yes it does include Urotosukidoji: The Legend of the Overfiend and its Sequel, but Im wondering if it'll be issueing Urotosukidoji 3 and 4 aswell.

I can answer that one for you, they can't issue them as they got licensed by a different company :)

-Replying to Blackwolf-

-Ah thats a shame coz I havent seen those ones even tho some people wonder why people can watch something so vulgar lol I've read that Urotosukidoji 3 is split into a four part mini series and the UK release of Urotosukidoji 4 is only 40 odd minutes long due to heavy cuts and sensoring throughout, Have you seen them at all? Are they worth picking up?-

Tokkofan said:
Wow! A fellow Innocence fan. I've only seen it once, but I feel it more than holds its own against its predecessor.

The only Manga Force release I own is NGE: Death and Rebirth. The boxart looks like a bootleg, but its the real deal inside.

-Replying to Zen5ki-

Awesome, I didnt realise there was a 2nd Ghost in the Shell movie until like a while after it was released, so it was nice to recieve it in manga force.

Ah, NGE Death & Rebirth is awesome, you should check out NGE End of Evangelion too, is great stuff, its a shame they couldn't release the actual series along with the films, but I guess Manga Entertainment cant aquire the license from ADV Films.

If you like alot of the Manga Entertainment animes definately check out the Studio Ghibli collection, is awesome. Especially 'Princess Mononoke'thats one anime I highly recommend![/b]

BlackWolf said:
I can answer that one for you, they can't issue them as they got licensed by a different company :)

-Ah thats a shame coz I havent seen those ones even tho some people wonder why people can watch something so vulgar lol I've read that Urotosukidoji 3 is split into a four part mini series and the UK release of Urotosukidoji 4 is only 40 odd minutes long due to heavy cuts and sensoring throughout, Have you seen them at all? Are they worth picking up?-

Back