Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

Maybe Street Fighter Generations...as they said it was supposed to be around issue 19...in fact it was supposed to be issue 19 but guess not

I thought the Streetfighter issue was supposed to be around issue 19 as well. Perhaps the problem is being sorted in a manner more akin to annoying us with as little effort as possible. Although, I think PC World has the trademark on that.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what potential other 20ish-part series may appear with this mag, seeing as Heat Guy J is practically finished, and Tokyo Underground is half way through?

Woop :D got my DVDs just now ^^
Issue 20 free with issue 19.

19 - Tokyo Underground - Eps 10-14
20 - Street Fighter Alpha Generations

21 - X

They all look very exciting :D Except street fighter which bored me a little O_O.

Issue 22 is going to be Heat Guy J Eps 14-17 :)

Same here, might watch X later...seeing as I've already seen Generations when they sent out the wrong disc lol. Will watch Tokyo Underground over the weekend

X = Good film, bit confusing at first and you need to pay attention, but enjoyable none the less. Bit of a frog in the throat ending though if you're a bit soft...like me lol. Great ending track for the credits too

Seeing as I got 3 DVDs last time I think I had to wait 6 weeks instead of 4 so should get the next 2 (issues 22 and 23) this week, but with the postal strike it probably won't be till Thursday at least.

Now that the posties have stopped with their stupid strike for 5 minutes, I got my issues today.

Issue 22 - HeatGuy J 14-17
Issue 23 - Virus Volume 1
Issue 24 - Tokyo Underground 15-18

Ok so...27 issues left...

Tokyo Underground - 8 Episodes left - 2 Discs/Issues
HeatGuy J - 9 Episodes left - 3 Discs/Issues (maybe 2..we'll say 3 for arguments sake)
Virus - 8 Episodes left - 2 Discs/Issues

So who wants to have a gander at the other 20 or so issues? lol

As much as I'd love Paranoia Agent to be part of the collection, as far as I can tell Manga don't own the distribution rights...

I suspect there'll at least another 8 or so films though, and I wouldn't think there'd be only one additional series, so that possibly narrows the series selection to maybe two or three series of 20 episodes(ish) each (or two at 30 episodes etc). The only large scale series I can see them doing (and it seems unlikely) is Neon Genesis. Or, maybe at a real stretch, a much older series from the 80's or earlier...

I think I've covered enough permutations to say that I may be right :wink:

Manga Ents Licences

I hope we get GitS 2 and She, Ultimate Weapon sounds interesting.

When did the payment come out of your account? My credit card expired and nothing is on my statement yet so I e-mailed them my new expiry date this morning and hope that they get them sent before the next strike.

No clue...I'd have to ask the mother. It's her account, I just give her the cash every time it comes through the mail.

I wouldn't mind GitS SAC, or rather the rest of it. But I think that most likely won't happen seeing as the first 4 eps were a subscription gift...so it'd be "unfair" on those that didn't subscribe to put out the rest...shame.

Hmmm...have to admit I'd love Bubblegum Crash, Detonator Orgun and Orguss O2 (doubtful though.. ._.)

I have a feeling we may get Street Fighter 2 to complete the trio of SF movies...

Bubble Gum Crisis and/or B.C. Tokyo 2040 are others I'd like but like Paranoia Agent, I'm pretty sure they don't own the rights for either.

Tsunami_Spike said:
Bubble Gum Crisis and/or B.C. Tokyo 2040 are others I'd like but like Paranoia Agent, I'm pretty sure they don't own the rights for either.
Correct on those points. BGC (original) is/was owned by MVM but the masters are now destroyed with no chance of getting new ones without forking out for the licence again. BGC2040 is/was owned by ADV but I think the UK licence has lapsed on that or will do in the near future.

Knowing the way Hachette have aproached this collection, I'm half expecting The Secret Adventures Of Tom Thumb.

Although I doubt they'll do GITS SAC (and seeing as I have them all, I really hope they don't). They may do Solid State Society, seeing as it's pretty self contained (I did say 'pretty').

I guess Karas Is fairly unlikely as well. What about the other version of Appleseed. Is that distributed through Manga?

hellrider said:
I guess Karas Is fairly unlikely as well. What about the other version of Appleseed. Is that distributed through Manga?
By other version of Appleseed, do you mean the 2005 3DCG version? If so then Manga do not own the rights to that. Those rights belong to Optimum Releasing.

hellrider said:
Although I doubt they'll do GITS SAC (and seeing as I have them all, I really hope they don't).

Eps 1-4 of GitS: SAC came as a gift for signing up for the subscription, so in all fairness, i'm probably still going to have to buy the series...

I didn't know that the later version was CGI, but yeah, I Meant that one. I wasn't sure about who had the rights (hence why I asked).

It's a pity you didn't pick them up GITS SAC in HMV's sales. Both series boxed sets were £23. Alas, they seem to have gone back up (except for the odd one here and there that have been overlooked - at least in the Harlow branch).

And why do retailers add an additional £5 to a recent release a mere week or two after release (Solid State was around £16 but is now £20, The tick was £15 and now £20).

Gawyn said:
Tsunami_Spike said:
Correct on those points. BGC (original) is/was owned by MVM but the masters are now destroyed with no chance of getting new ones without forking out for the licence again. BGC2040 is/was owned by ADV but I think the UK licence has lapsed on that or will do in the near future.

Oh well ._. The rest will do >.> XD

Anyway... should try play.com for GitS: S.S.S., £12 with free shipping =3

Back