Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

Ditchdigger said:
How odd! I got issues 10 and 11 (plus binder) this morning, but the next issue I was due to get was 9.

I wonder if it was due to the problems that hellrider pointed out, but then again Tsunami_spike recieved issue 9.

I have sent them an e-mail.

Issue 12 is Tokyo Underground episodes 1-4.

When did you subscribe? I started from issue 2 onwards so I got issues 2,3 and 4 in one...then pairs from there on (so 5/6, 7/8, 9/10) having bought issue one in the shops.

edit - nevermind, hadn't read the post about your email reply :lol:

Guess this must've just been bigger then Hachette thought it'd be if they're having stock troubles...shame about their SF: Alpha screw up..eh well...10 down, 40 to go lol

Assuming they give us complete seasons, what does everyone think are likely candidates? As far as I can see, with Heat Guy J, and Tokyo Underground*, they will only take up around 10 issues between them, so that leaves about 25 issues with as yet unknown content.
A personal preference would be Paranoia Agent, but that seems pretty much impossible.

*At the time of typing this, I can only speculate there are around 20-30 episodes of Tokyo underground, as I couldn't find it online.

Addendum: Thanks to the third rule of Sods Law, I find upon opening issue 11, there is no replacement disc for issue 9. So I guess I'll have to email hachette *sigh* at least I was able to pick up the complete Salaryman Kintaro for a tenner.

Got my issues 11 and 12 today with binder. Got my replacement disc with issue 12, so wait til you get that issue Hellrider, might still get it there.

On a side note, issue 13 comes with Appleseed

As for complete seasons, I wouldn't mind them completing GitS: SAC, I know that the first 4 eps were part of a subscription gift but hey...though i know it's doubtful, as I'm sure they're trying to use this as a big starter block for newbies as well as Manga-Maniacs, that they'll release full seasons...a lot of Manga out there...that said I won't complain, after all they did mention "special issues" somewhere when it came to subscribing..

edit - And after checking, the replacement disc is indeed SF Alpha, so they haven't managed to "accidentally" send out the same mistake lol

double edit - On Tokyo Underground, the disc actually has the first *5* episodes on, not 4

I picked up issue 12 today, and from what you say it's a relief they have indeed sorted the problem out.

GITS is great, but considering I own both series, I hope you'll forgive me in saying that I hope they don't give us that(although I suppose I could give away the duplicates) But yeah, I really hope they do give us complete series of those that they have started.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, that's why in a way I'm thankful I've never gotten round to buying my own manga (just watched a load of my friends' stuff) so I get away without duplicate dvds of any kind.

Had asked for Macross Plus Ultimate Edition for my birthday, good job I didn't lol...shame the movie was only produced in Japanese...I'm always up for subtitles but I prefer to watch, not read movies...and I loved the OVA. Oh well lol.

I'm thinking of starting a subscription. Do you guys think that it is worth it?

Most of the DVDs I would never consider buying seperatly but if its part of a collection then I will.

Well...tough one really...I mean, I personally think it's worth it but that's mostly because I consider it a launch pad for myself as I've never really had any anime or manga on DVD, bar Dragonball Z.

Basically...£8.99 for a 6 page mag that they could've done so much better with and a dvd that can often be found for the same price or lower, but sometimes not...depends how good you are at finding such deals...as you say, most of the dvds you wouldn't consider buying seperately so maybe it will be worth it...I mean there's some good stuff in the first 12 issues.

So, I'd say go for it if you'd really want to...any dvds you don't want you could always stick on eBay. The collection itself isn't anything fancy, just a case and the disc, though the dvds do have some good content for the most part.

My only thought is not sure if they'll let you start a sub from issue 1 now that they're so far ahead...might have to order back issues, which would be a shame because you then miss out on Ghost In The Shell SAC eps 1-4 and Making of Akira DVDs...that reminds me...what happened to my t-shirt...*hunts*

Subscribed via one of the leaflets so can't help you there...

Got issues 13 and 14 today...

Issue 13 - Appleseed
Issue 14 - Heat Guy J Episodes 5-8 (showing that it must be one of the series they'll continue and will likely take up 6-7 DVDs in total, I'm guessing the same can be assumed for Tokyo Underground)

and Issue 15 will be Dead Leaves

My subscription worked and now I have the first 3 issues. Hopefully the new issues will keep me entertained throughout the summer.

I had to unsubscribe Manga force because the money was too much... I got to issue 14 and gave up...

Can somebody please tell me what mangas come in the other issues, please...

Isn't known, they haven't and probably won't release any list...all I know is Dead Leaves is next and issue 19 or something has Street Fighter Generations. You can probably bet they'll complete Tokyo Underground and Heat Guy J though, maybe release the second GitS movie

Ok..

Issue 15 and 16 came through today...

15 - Dead Leaves
16 - Tokyo Underground Eps 6-9

And coming up will be

17 - Perfect Blue

You'll also receive issue 19 free of charge after the Street Fighter mishap

Back