Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

Re: Manga Force Debacle

slipdigby said:
I've decided to cancel my subscription as I've been waiting almost two months now for Ninja Scroll to come through.

Same here - I couldn't be bothered waiting any longer, so cancelled it yesterday. I signed up as it seemed a convenient way of getting the stuff I used to have on VHS in DVD form with a few extras, but as the magazines were pretty crappy and the company clearly isn't all that reliable, might as well just buy the DVDs separately, or pick up the magazine when its one I want.

I'm not overly bothered with how long it takes to get here, as long as they don't take my money before hand. And atleast its cheap.

Judging by my bank statements, they have at least been good on that front - I don't think any money went out when I wasn't getting any magazines in the post. But will have to double-check, might have missed it.

I recieved 7 and 8 yesturday as well.

Typical. After reading this thread and not recieving my copies when I thought I would I brought a copy of Macross Plus 3 & 4 off e-bay (luckily it was a really cheap copy, disc only, so I'm not too out of pocket)

I watched End of Evangelion last, seriously WTF! (I probably should get the series). Sounds great in 5.1 though. when he's having flashbacks the girls voices start coming out of random speakers sometimes behind you, sometimes to the front it really makes the sequence even more phychologically intense.

No 9 is Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie.

how come everyone got issue 7 and 8. mine came in the post last week and it was issues 6 and 7 (ninja scroll and macross 3+4). why is everyone a week ahead of me?

DJ Syko said:
how come everyone got issue 7 and 8. mine came in the post last week and it was issues 6 and 7 (ninja scroll and macross 3+4). why is everyone a week ahead of me?

My subscription started on issue 5 and you get two each month, so I got 5 and 6 and then there was the long pause.

My guess is you started on 2 or 4 so you would have got 4 and 5 before the pause. This should mean that you'll get your next two, 8 and 9, before me (and the others that got 7 and 8 last time).

First of all, hello everyone. As you can probably tell, I'm new here.
I picked up issue ten on Monday (having got it held back at my local Smiths from an early issue), and just say that although I'm not particularly new to anime, seeing as I already owned a fair bit, (but not enough to call myself anything but a layperson) the actual selection doen't seem too bad. The magazine is awful, as has already been said, not least because it seems to have been written for the people who are legally too young to watch the disk (except for some of the images I guess).

I imagine, going by the giant sticker on this latest issue, that I was not alone in recieving Streetfighter Alpha: generations instead of just 'The movie'. For those unaware of this, consider it a heads up.
Also, because of such a 'production error' They are giving away the duplicate film, and packaging the correct one with the next issue (in other words, Streetfighter Alpha: The Movie will be in a little card sleeve with issue 11, and I think it's issue 20 is being bundled with issue 19).

The main reason I got this mag was because my local area has a lousy selection of anything and everything (not even a real bookstore), and I try not to rely on online too often (although it did save me a tenner on G.I.T.S SAC 2nd Gig), so I'm pretty satisfied, even if it is overpriced.

P.S. Issue ten is the first four episodes of Heat Guy J.

And issue 11 is Macross Plus The Movie, good job i told the gf not to worry about it as a birthday pressie.

Anyway, I think hachette must really be feeling guilty, received issues 9 and 10 today, just a week and a bit after I got 7 & 8 when it should be a month between each subscription arrival.

Was a bit jarred off that the Street Fighter Alpha case I got was badly mauled (though the disc was fine) and the Akira: Making of... dvd case also had some damage...but a bit of case swapping fixed that.

@ wolfun - >-> why would it be Macross 5 & 6 when the OVA only has 4 parts <-<

How odd! I got issues 10 and 11 (plus binder) this morning, but the next issue I was due to get was 9.

I wonder if it was due to the problems that hellrider pointed out, but then again Tsunami_spike recieved issue 9.

I have sent them an e-mail.

Issue 12 is Tokyo Underground episodes 1-4.

I'm still unsure of whether to cancel my subscription... Issue 10 was Heat Guy J 1-4... But I can get episodes 1-8 in Virgin for 7 quid... But Street Fighter Alpha Gen. in our Virgin was 20 quid. >_>

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Wolfun said:
Issue 10 was Heat Guy J 1-4... But I can get episodes 1-8 in Virgin for 7 quid...
You can get the complete series for £8 on play.com.

Isn't it only 13 episodes as in First part of the complete series. Even though Play.com lists all 26.

jayme12345 said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Wolfun said:
Issue 10 was Heat Guy J 1-4... But I can get episodes 1-8 in Virgin for 7 quid...
You can get the complete series for £8 on play.com.

Isn't it only 13 episodes as in First part of the complete series. Even though Play.com lists all 26.
No, it's the complete series with all 26 episodes. Manga just accidentally listed it on the box as Season 1 even though there's no Season 2.

Back