Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Manga Force is a new bi-weekly UK magazine produced by Manga Entertainment; with every issue, you will receive a free anime DVD, and these aren't just odd TV episodes either - the likes of Akira, Ghost in the Shell and End of Evangelion are being given away along with the Manga Force magazine itself that contains writer bibliographies, filmographies, synopses and behind the scenes footage.

The interesting aspect about the launch of Manga Force is that it is currently being advertised on national TV during Christmas "prime time", having been spotted by countless Anime UK News members on Channel 4 as well as UK Gold.

Click here to visit the official website for Manga Force - where you can subscribe online for £8.99 and be privy to various special offers (free T-shirts, watches and even an Akira "Making of" documentary); the site also seems to include the advert airing on TV.

Looks like an excellent deal on the part of Manga UK. Great value for money and another excellent way to pull in new anime fans - now lets hope they aren't including Legend of the Overfiend or Violence Jack in this deal!!

thats a pretty good deal, dont know whether or not to subscribe as i already spend a good 8 or so quid on newtype each month! Then again there are some good films i still havent got which they might bring out, like blood. But don't most shops stop putting issues of collection magazines out on the shelves after like the 4th issue, only stocking them for subscribers?

I subscribed with this a few months ago, then recieved a letter telling me that 'we cannot continue your subscription due to reasons beyond our control'

I hope this gets up and running again, but I really cannot be bothered to subscribe all over again, the presentation of the whole thing is awful aswell, it's still a brilliant move foward though in terms of UK anime growth.

plus I started to buy the titles that were mentioned when I subscribed before christmas, so I might as well carry on buying them individually rather than via the subscription..

I'm just really confused as to how the heck this is running again?!?! after seeming to die a few months ago

I am tempted but I hate subscribing to things that I have never read before, will pop out and buy the first copy from the shops and then look into subscribing if I deem it a worthy purchase

skikes said:
they pronounced evangelion like hair gel... e-van-GEL-ion... what the hell!?

Its only an ad, with a voice over artist who has probably never heard of the series again.

I think that's extremely value for money for someone that's just getting into anime. Does anybody know what all eight titles are because on the site I only see four. Or am I just looking in the wrong place...?

I wouldn't really put in The End of Eva though. That's not really something that would get people into anime since you really need to see the series before you have any hope of understanding what it's all about.

website

the magazine looks good but i just been on the website and its pretty crap,just thought id say that. im gonna look for the mag straight away. do you know where they sell it. and plz dont say whsmiths.

Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:
It's £9 for 3 issues plus a t-shirt and AKIRA poster. In terms of value, that's unbeatable.

actucally issue 1 is £2.99 all others are £9.99 each
Actually it's £8.99.

But looking at the site if you subcribe you do actually get the first three issues for £8.99 plus other extras.

Here.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:
It's £9 for 3 issues plus a t-shirt and AKIRA poster. In terms of value, that's unbeatable.

actucally issue 1 is £2.99 all others are £9.99 each
Actually it's £8.99.

But looking at the site if you subcribe you do actually get the first three issues for £8.99 plus other extras.

Here.

that's what i ment

tbh though i hate 80% of manga's old releases so not going near it

thought the advert is on constant repeat on motors TV, every other advert llol

I looked at the web site and I can now confidently say that this is just wrong, wrong, wrong. The mood of the whole project reeks of ugly, masculine stereotypes which I always presumed had died out years ago, and even if it does create a few more fans this is useless if it's also perpetuating stereotypes. I mean, what's the point of liking something and reading about it if you're only going confused and laughed at for not even knowing what it's really called.

And also, most Manga titles now can be found for only £7/8 or even less if you only shop around a little on the internet (especially with the dub-only 'Collection' titles which will make up the majority of this series). They won't have all the detail of a magazine, but they do have (for the most part) much nicer packaging and possibly special features which the Manga Force versions won't have. That and they even refuse to use the full title of Shin Seiki Evangelion.

Back