UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asking for ages but it doesn't hurt to try again...
Any chance of the cancelled Karas bluray seeing the light of day? It has now been released in Japan and other places like France. I have the French BD since it is really cheap, but it has no English subs.

A hypothetical question.

Shangri-La is coming out in the US in a few months, and is finally getting an English dub. But the show has been out on European (non-English) PAL release for over a year now.

In such a situation, is it viable to put together a UK release using these elements (PAL video from Europe), pitch corrected audio and subtitles from the US, and get an UK release out ahead of R4, or does it make better economic sense to wait for the Australian release and then get a package deal from there in terms of materials?

Now that Anime Expo has been and gone...

If during the next few months you acquire the license to distro Gosick, could you announce it prior to the Australian release date please?

EDIT: And a similar heads up for Shangri La prior to its US release date would be appreciated as well. (So the previous question wasn't as hypothetical as I meant... :oops: )

Seeing as the style of the Bleach 'series X part X' releases will change from series 9, will you still release thinpak boxsets like the ones for series 1-7?

I hope so, even if only for a first print, as they look much nicer than the thick series cases and the Part releases.

I am fairly impressed that people have managed to limit themselves to polite questions! Did Conan get banned?

I know that, I'm just shocked that everyone else (well, one or two specific people) managed to be so civil!

ilmaestro said:
I am fairly impressed that people have managed to limit themselves to polite questions! Did Conan get banned?

Nope. Conan himself asked a question and even he was quite civil with it.

Oh wow, did I actually blank that out? It's that thing the brain does when it sees something so outside the realms of possibility I guess. ^^; Sorry!

"By popular demand...

Would you buy One Piece Uncut on DVD if it came out in the UK? Price would be around £24.99 for 13 episodes on 2 discs. PAL. Japanese and English language tracks. English subs. Uncut."

So about £15 on Amazon. If you want One Piece in the UK go like and say Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

Southe said:
"By popular demand...

Would you buy One Piece Uncut on DVD if it came out in the UK? Price would be around £24.99 for 13 episodes on 2 discs. PAL. Japanese and English language tracks. English subs. Uncut."

So about £15 on Amazon. If you want One Piece in the UK go like and say Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

No dice. You'd need to do it in 26 episode boxsets with the same RRP as the DBZ boxsets otherwise we would never catch up.

Lawrence said:
I may have missed out on something here but what is the problem with P&S?
To quite Twitter:

"Episodes 11-13 all cut off some content at the end of the episode - 11 and 12 stop about 20-25 seconds short of the actual ending and episode 13 cuts out all but around a second of the post-credits finale of the last episode."

animefreak17 said:
When It gets here I'l have to watch it straight awayand see what's up
I can save you the trouble:

Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
I may have missed out on something here but what is the problem with P&S?
To quite Twitter:

"Episodes 11-13 all cut off some content at the end of the episode - 11 and 12 stop about 20-25 seconds short of the actual ending and episode 13 cuts out all but around a second of the post-credits finale of the last episode."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back