Manga Entertaiment have Terra-formars

WTF two parts? This is only 2 OVAs and 13 episodes!

And they're releasing it that early (well I guess it's not that early but that's like 1 year straight after it was first broadcasted)? what's going on?

And the questions goes on and on and on.

---

Why do I get the feeling KAZE is behind this (sure Manga announced it but they did the same with Nisekoi and we all know what that turned out!). Just to further add my point, Viz Media Europe announced a while back that they had the rights to the series hence it was made available on Animax UK. And it was made available on Crunchyroll presumably because of Warner Bros.

---

UPDATE: Yep it's Kaze alright, on the Terra Formars page on Kaze's website if you look at the Blu-ray section they have Box 1 and Box 2.

That's pretty rubbish it's split into two parts, considering it's only a one cour show.

Suspect it'll do well for them, even though it got absolutely awful reviews - it's right up their street.

I guess they figure that MVM are getting away with lower episode counts recently so they can try the same thing. Except Monogatari is actually good.

Zero interest in Terraformars, I tried slogging through it when it was streaming and I couldn't stand it.

R

I've read the manga up to chapter 40 something and really like it but didn't watch it on Crunchy because it was censored. I can just about tolerate them splitting it in two, but they'd better not make a habit of it, and ONLY IF they make them worthwhile and do something special with the volumes ie. I don't want a barebones, 1 disc amaray, with 7 episodes and no extras for £30 - £35 !!!!

I can't remember who licensed this in the US but is there even going to be a dub available by August? and if so will the US company even let them use it as they haven't even announced a release date... I expect we'll be hearing from whoever that is pretty soon tho :p

I really wish these announcements would stop coming out as "Manga Entertainment have licensed X" when it's actually Khazi. Thankfully they have another show which I don't care about.

Rui said:
I guess they figure that MVM are getting away with lower episode counts recently so they can try the same thing.
It's just a Kaze thing. Going by Amazon FR they still occasionally do it. If you look at what Kaze do in Germany, a lot of the releases over there are still in volumes.

Jon O Fun said:
I can't remember who licensed this in the US but is there even going to be a dub available by August? and if so will the US company even let them use it as they haven't even announced a release date... I expect we'll be hearing from whoever that is pretty soon tho :p
Viz Media have it in the US. It could always come out before the US release since Tiger & Bunny saw a home video release in the UK before the US (Granted it was for episodes 1 - 7 instead of 1 - 13).

Mangaranga said:
Jon O Fun said:
Viz Media have it in the US. It could always come out before the US release since Tiger & Bunny saw a home video release in the UK before the US (Granted it was for episodes 1 - 7 instead of 1 - 13).

I'm not so sure on that one. Sure they got the merchandise rights but with the recent JoJo news I'm sort of convinced Warner Bros might also bring out Terra Formars.

If it is Viz Media in the end then I'm happy with that*.
*assuming they don't cop it up like Sailor Moon and their older releases.

UPDATE: Called it.

CEgWWTWUMAAsSM4.jpg:large

Can someone explain to me the hate behind Kaze? I've never bought any of their releases but I've only heard negative things about them. Do they just have poor quality releases or something?

IncendiaryLemon said:
Can someone explain to me the hate behind Kaze? I've never bought any of their releases but I've only heard negative things about them. Do they just have poor quality releases or something?
From a word document I have. Can't remember who posted what and where, just copied and pasted into a word document some time back. May need corrections, not sure. There's probably other issues by now.

Bakuman DVD subtitles have been (apparently) machine translated from their French subtitle streams, not even translated from the Japanese. Unreadable at times.

Un-Go Blu-ray does not work on Panasonic Blu-ray players. Kkazi refuse to reauthor, offering one of their other crappy discs instead to people who have ordered Un-go.

General complaints. Heavy handed pitch correction on all their PAL DVDs resulting in warbling background music.
Locking all discs as standard, even when the US discs aren't.
Inability to show more than two lines of subtitles on screen at a time, which means for Japanese audio and sub fans, on screen text is never translated. Signs translation is lacking for English audio as well, See the recent Penguindrum release, which is wholly inadequately subtitled, which in a show as visual as that may as well just kill it. Same with Persona 4, with plot specfic text translation missing on the Japanese audio track.

Ridiculous standardised compression on their discs, even when it isnt required. Tiger & Bunny, Trigun both have their extras stripped from the Blu-ray and presented on DVDs instead, so that the Blu-rays could be BD25 instead of BD 50. Trigun movie has lossy audio instead of the US lossless tracks as a result and the video has compression visible. It's even worse with Tiger and Bunny, as Khazi's eps take up half the space on the discs compared to the US and AU releases.

DVD's have DD 2.0 Surround audio as standard, as that's what their authoring software spits out, even if the English source audio is a 5.1 track as in Princess Jellyfish, or plain 2.0 stereo.

The worst NTSC-PAL conversions on the planet, giving Vampire Knight, Bleach, and Nura eye-twitch inducing jerkovision.

Leaving out the Shinkai commentary on Agartha, available in US and AU.
Locking all the extras to French in Planzet, and charging the UK more than France for what in the UK is a barebones disc.

Putting the kiddie friendly profanity free version of the English dub on the Streetfighter II Blu-ray, because that's what the UK buyers steeped in nostalgia for the Manga dub will really buy it for.

These reactions to having to buy all of two discs for a 13 episode show, holy crap.

NormanicGrav said:
WTF two parts? This is only 2 OVAs and 13 episodes!

And they're releasing it that early (well I guess it's not that early but that's like 1 year straight after it was first broadcasted)? what's going on?
My first thought was that these two things would be related, not that they are two separate mind boggling events.

Emulsion said:
Bakuman DVD subtitles have been (apparently) machine translated from their French subtitle streams, not even translated from the Japanese. Unreadable at times.

Ridiculous standardised compression on their discs, even when it isnt required. Tiger & Bunny, Trigun both have their extras stripped from the Blu-ray and presented on DVDs instead, so that the Blu-rays could be BD25 instead of BD 50.
IIRC they didn't supply extras with the Un-Go BDs at all (I never bought them myself)

The worst NTSC-PAL conversions on the planet, giving Vampire Knight, Bleach, and Nura eye-twitch inducing jerkovision.
It's not a conversion problem, at least not for Nura; I don't think anyone does standards conversion for anime now everything comes as HD masters at 24fps. The Nura problems seem to be there on the masters since the streams were terrible also and when I flagged it, the problem was with the source not the encode.

Mohawk52 said:
Is this a freewheeling left over from before Kaze and Manga got decapitated? Like a last twitch of the corpes?
From the looks of things, Manga Entertainment UK seem more willing to work with Kazé than they were when the old guard (Jerome, Jeremy, Andrew) were there; giving Kazé licenses like this and Nisekoi top billing as if they were standard Manga UK licenses.

Although that might be partly because Manga don't really have any of their own licenses anymore apart from ongoing Shonen shows?

Mangaranga said:
It's just a Kaze thing. Going by Amazon FR they still occasionally do it. If you look at what Kaze do in Germany, a lot of the releases over there are still in volumes.

No, it's definitely not occasional. Cutting this 13eps show in 2 parts must have been a release format imposed by the japanese to the local distributors, at least in Europe.

Back