Manga are releaseing DBZ. 2+2 DOES equal 5!

That does indeed look fairly decisive no matter how cautious you are. I guess they want more popular shounen (and it did at least enjoy a little TV exposure here so it should sell decently).

As usual, I already have the R1s for DBZ and no particular urge to buy it again.

R

ConanThe3rd said:
Also, there's no word of it on HMV ether.

Well the Expo is at the weekend and it isn't announced til' then supposedly, so I guess that makes sense, it will most likely be up after the weekend, Dreading to see how expensive this is gonna be!!! :(

But someone made a mistake of posting it in the Expo catalogue anyway IMO

TheLasersharkKH said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Also, there's no word of it on HMV ether.
Well the Expo is at the weekend and it isn't announced til' then supposedly, so I guess that makes sense, it will most likely be up after
the weekend, Dreading to see how expensive this is gonna be!!! :(
I would be supprised if, by the time Amazon discounts happen, I'm paying more than £20 per set.

I remeber this day 3 years ago i got the first seaon of DBZ for my birthday. I didnt get it as a present and saw this, i would of had a heart attack. But its good to know its being released here.

Am I the only one wondering why they're bothering with Dragonball Z when they could just get Dragonball Z Kai? As for Manga denying it when the BBFC thing emerged...standard business practice. If they can't announce it; they'll deny it exists.

I'm probably the only person who HASN'T imported DBZ or Kai...I'll still prolly end up importing the Kai BDs though xD

Considering that it's 39 episodes...I wouldn't be surprised if the RRP is somewhere around £40.

So...

Who's excited about Manga bringing forth a 291 episode shonen series, that is 22 years old, and in the wrong aspect ratio?

They who didn't import 4 years ago, who'll be day one purchasers and pre-orderers, raise your hands...

That's the thing. By now, anyone who wanted to watch Dragonball Z would have imported. Considering how Toei Animation apparently charges a fortune for their shows, I can't see Manga UK making a profit (or at least, a substantial) profit here.

I dunno, DBZ is the sort of series that could always be bringing in new fans, although I suspect Manga would somehow need to get it back on TV for it to be truly worth their while.

Ahem, its not just 290 episodes of Shonen, its 290 episodes of the very pinnacle of shonen, the grand master and undisputed king of shonen. In fact its pretty much the pinnacle of testosterone pumping young boys/teenagers action animation!

Lawrence said:
Am I the only one who things this is a bad idea because it's 290-ish episodes of endless shonen and not because of the aspect ratio?
Yup. This would have sold like hotcakes ten or so years ago, totally regardless of length. Also, the irony of being able to put an episode number on an "endless" series.

vashdaman said:
Ahem, its not just 290 episodes of Shonen, its 290 episodes of the very pinnacle of shonen, the grand master and undisputed king of shonen. In fact its pretty much the pinnacle of testosterone pumping young boys/teenagers action animation!
Wait, they're releasing Fist of the North star as well? :lol:

Kidding. But, yeah. It's even more popular than Naruto and Bleach, which do well already. So, this should reach an audience of Casual fans who watched it on CN eons ago.

Would get even more sales if DBZ Kai started airing on UK TV. Hint hint.

Back