UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

No they want the opposite of what they get from Manga. Criticise any other anime company and you'll get your ******* head bitten off.
To be fair, criticising MVM is also perfectly valid. I mean, how dare they keep prices down by making no effort with the artwork. Screw them.

I wasn't expecting a port of Sentai's release but I would have liked a artbook for that price. posters are useless in Blue ray boxes and art cards dont really have much value. Im still deciding if Im going to import but I will wait until I see the finished product.

These passive aggressive comments towards other vague "forum users" are becoming a wee bit grating, guys. If you've got something to say to someone, say it then and there when they mention it and then let it go. You realize everyone else can read these public posts yes? You're not so much bitching behind people's backs as right in front of them without actually addressing them personally.

Didn't Grav complain the one time Manga did a clean artbox? Because there was no title on the spine.
Anime fans just want the opposite of what we get. We're all awful.

Yeah I complained there was no title on the spine, it's also why I dislike steelcases and cancelled my pre-order for Giovanni's Island's Ultimate Edition for that same reason.

Other than that it was a very good collector's edition release of Akira.

Yeah I complained there was no title on the spine, it's also why I dislike steelcases and cancelled my pre-order for Giovanni's Island's Ultimate Edition for that same reason.

Other than that it was a very good collector's edition release of Akira.
Forgive me, but I don't understand the logic here. How is a clean artbox worse for not including the title on the spine? Giovanni's Island I get, but Akira had the title on a proper transparent slipcover.

Forgive me, but I don't understand the logic here. How is a clean artbox worse for not including the title on the spine? Giovanni's Island I get, but Akira had the title on a proper transparent slipcover.

Yeah I kept the transparent slipcover, but there are folks out there who hate slipcovers and want the US style boxes (clean art and title).

Long story short, you can't please everyone. Anime community as a whole is a mess.

I'm a bit disappointed that the booklet is not included with the UK set of DanMachi.

When they announced that they were bringing over Parasyte CE I was a bit worried it wouldn't sell and then they would say no one wants CE because this one didn't sell well. If you look at what came with the set it's no surprise it didn't sell well, I think the Bearbrick just looked weird Migi was not suited to be made into one of them, in the second set it came with volume one of the manga which is only good if you're going to buy the other nine volumes and it did come with the soundtrack which I imagine could be appealing to some people but not enough to spend 60 quid on it.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed that the booklet is not included with the UK set of DanMachi.

When they announced that they were bringing over Parasyte CE I was a bit worried it wouldn't sell and then they would say no one wants CE because this one didn't sell well. If you look at what came with the set it's no surprise it didn't sell well, I think the Bearbrick just looked weird Migi was not suited to be made into one of them, in the second set it came with volume one of the manga which is only good if you're going to buy the other nine volumes and it did come with the soundtrack which I imagine could be appealing to some people but not enough to spend 60 quit on it.

They don't seem to get it with the CE's. MVM seem to have the balance better, just look at the Berserk set and price. I also remember Jerome asking people wanted in the set and I cant remember anyone asking for art cards or a poster. The ridged box is nice but why not include a nice art book with it. It doesn't need to be as fancy as Sentai's. I expect you will be able to pick it up for around £35-40 which is Anime Limited territory and most people would expect more for the price.

Given the high prices of both Parasyte and AGK (Like, £70-£80 a pop, if I recall, for 12 episodes) them selling is no surprise at all to me. I guess even UK fans have limits to how much they'd pay. The AL £40-£50 LE seems to be the sweet spot for single cour shows.

From someone who is still new to buying anime sets £40-£50 for a 1 cour is ridiculous, when you can get a 24 episode season of Agents of Shield for £25

From someone who is still new to buying anime sets £40-£50 for a 1 cour is ridiculous, when you can get a 24 episode season of Agents of Shield for £25

I mean, sure, but you're rarely going to get anime that cheap. It's not going to sell as well and the licence is going to be more expensive to obtain, plus those £50 sets are Collector's Editions with artbooks, digipacks, rigid boxes, art cards, etc, which you're comparing to what is likely just some BDs in a amaray.

I mean, sure, but you're rarely going to get anime that cheap. It's not going to sell as well and the licence is going to be more expensive to obtain, plus those £50 sets are Collector's Editions with artbooks, digipacks, rigid boxes, art cards, etc, which you're comparing to what is likely just some BDs in a amaray.
Those Agents of SHIELD sets are actually really nice digipacks in rigid boxes. Even so, look at the cost of the Game of Thrones sets which are incredibly nice, basically Collector's Editions, and you can see how people are offput.

Those Agents of SHIELD sets are actually really nice digipacks in rigid boxes. Even so, look at the cost of the Game of Thrones sets which are incredibly nice, basically Collector's Editions, and you can see how people are offput.

TBF, buying them new on release, those GoT sets are a bit more than £25, they're probably closer to £35, if I recall, although you are getting 10 hours of TV and a boat load of on disc extras, but I digress. Anime has been, and probably always will be an expensive hobby. I don't think there's getting around that, really. Even if you compare cheap releases like Manga's, which are around £25-£30 for a single cour, which is what, 4 or so hours of content?, pale in comparison to something like those Game of Thrones sets or Agents of Shield.

TBF, buying them new on release, those GoT sets are a bit more than £25, they're probably closer to £35, if I recall, although you are getting 10 hours of TV and a boat load of on disc extras, but I digress. Anime has been, and probably always will be an expensive hobby. I don't think there's getting around that, really. Even if you compare cheap releases like Manga's, which are around £25-£30 for a single cour, which is what, 4 or so hours of content?, pale in comparison to something like those Game of Thrones sets or Agents of Shield.
*Cough* MVM's £28 two-cour Berserk BD CE with digipack and artbox for a title the US don't have blows everyone else out of the water. *Cough*

Back