Manga and Anime reviewers Wanted!

chaos

The Boss

Anime UK News is looking to add new dedicated manga or anime volunteer reviewers to our established writing team.

The ability to write interestingly - even passionately - in good intelligible English is absolutely vital.
Good spelling, grammar and punctuation is also very important.

And, it goes without saying probably, we want someone who really loves anime and manga and is able to communicate that enthusiasm in their writing!

Are you interested? Send a sample review to [email protected] to apply!

I'm going to be bossy and respond for Chaos to save him some time.

Yakumo: I think it would be a problem for shipping review discs but you can always send Chaos a message if you want to participate anyway, people are allowed to submit reviews for items from their own collections too (or streaming) and it could work out.

IL: The existing reviews on the site should give a good idea of what is expected. So long as you cover all of the important points there's no strict length requirement; some of the writers go into more detail than others (and some shows lend themselves to more description than others) but you don't need to worry too much and the editing team will give pointers if you need help. Regrettably this may mean more exposure to me :D

AF17: You can cheer them on!

R

I think I'll give this a try tomorrow. I've been watching anime long enough, and write various things in my spare time. Sounds like fun!

Have submitted something, so fingers crossed!

I also have a question out of curiosity though: Will the role include reviewing light novels as well? :)

Oh no, the questions are swiftly outstripping my knowledge now!

IL: I imagine quite soon, I know he's received yours :)
As for the number, we'll need to wait for Chaos to decide.

black1blade: If you have passion and like to write then I don't think it's a problem that you haven't seen a huge amount.

CC: Good luck to you too!

Demelza: I don't think we currently get offered any, though if you want to submit reviews of items from your own collection it would be a good fit.

R

Rui said:
Demelza: I don't think we currently get offered any, though if you want to submit reviews of items from your own collection it would be a good fit.

R

Awesome. If I got a position I'd be more than up for this as not enough places review light novels (this is probably due to the length of time it can take to get through them more than anything else I'd suspect), but I'd love to do it as it's a part of the industry that is slowly growing and I've ended up very passionate about alongside anime and manga. And hey, if reviews mean more people pick up the novels, the good quality ones at least, and Yen then decide to pick up more titles I wouldn't complain...

Although my wallet wouldn't thank me for this considering I tend to pick up every light novel Yen put out and show no sign of stopping unless the quality of translation jumps off a cliff. :p Only skipped No Game, No Life and the Index novels so far, and that was just due to hearing about poor translation and not wanting to put the money on that. Yen need to stop putting good novels out xD

Whoops I'm rambling. Cheers for the reply, Rui. :D

Hi guys - sorry to come late to the thread but just to say thank you to you all for applying. And a big 'thank you' to Rui for answering all the questions so expertly! All the Word documents seem to have come through just fine.

Back