Low system requirements games for the PC?

Yagami

Vampire Ninja
Hello,

I was just wondering what games you know with low system requirements?

Most old pc games have low system requirements.

Basically, I just want to play some games with low system requirements so they'll work on my pc.

Here's my specs incase your wondering how low...

2.4GHz intel celeron
512mb ram
64mb video ram intergrated
(Yar, I know it sucks :p)

I'm currently playing Diablo2, Starcraft and CounterStrike1.6 but I want some more to play.

So.. go! List as many as you can! ;D

What kind of games are you looking for? The first Unreal Tournament will play nicely on those specs, as will the old age of empire games. I actually think Dawn of War will run but i'm not too sure about that one.

Ryo Chan said:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest this place may be good for you

Yep, I've seen that; Although, I've noticed they don't show that many low spec games :/.

As for which genre's - Any, really. I like most games :p.

Done Warcraft 3 (and expansion)? That's got a nice meaty amount of gameplay in it to keep you going. Your PC isn't that bad sounding anyway. Not great, but it'll play most of the classics. You should also be able to run WoW I imagine if you fancy selling your soul like some of us have, though sticking another dollop of RAM in there for about £20 if you can would do wonders for performance even with the dodgy graphics.

I managed to get Portal running on a crappy specced machine which was enjoyable (there's a free demo on Steam if you want to test it without wasting money). It wasn't pretty but it added an extra element of difficulty to the game in its own way with the poor performance ;)

If you like adventure games there are some brilliant ones at bargain bin level now which should run perfectly on your setup too.

R

Half Life 1
Unreal Tournament 2004 worked on my old pc when I still had dial up

Half Life 2 will work just be prepared for load times

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
I don't think that games in the PC are popular enough to start to have major graphics, maybe in a couple years

What planet are you from, sorry?

PC Graphics > PS3 Graphics

ANY DAY.

Look up Crysis. Then come back here and then try to repent for your sin.

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:

The silence. You admit your wrong, I assume? :lol: Seriously you need to look some things up before you say such a bold statement!! Im a PC gamer y'know, whos saving up for a new PC. Its probably one of the biggest platforms for gaming.

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
*waves white flag* XD

...I was just saying that video games ARE popular but not games on the computer as much

I hate to say it again. But I'd have to disagree. PC games are some of the best selling, and why do people love PC gaming? Cause unlike consoles where you gotta wait for an upgrade, PC's are being constantly upgraded. Its very popular, WAY better for FPS/RTS/RPG/MMO's and in general nicer to use :)

Don't waste your time arguing with Spyro, his opinion's never wrong :roll:

Take it to some other thread please, this is a suggestion thread, not a "my computer is better than your computer" epeen contest. If the PC platform is so great Spyro, how about suggesting some for the OP? You've only mentioned Crysis, which I am fairly confident would not suit the spec of his equipment in the slightest.

R ("nicer to use" in reference to playing stuff overlayed on top of Windows over a custom built streamlined gaming OS is a matter of some very warped, masochistic taste)

Rui said:
Don't waste your time arguing with Spyro, his opinion's never wrong :roll:

At least you accept the truth.

Take it to some other thread please, this is a suggestion thread, not a "my computer is better than your computer" epeen contest. If the PC platform is so great Spyro, how about suggesting some for the OP? You've only mentioned Crysis, which I am fairly confident would not suit the spec of his equipment in the slightest.

R ("nicer to use" in reference to playing stuff overlayed on top of Windows over a custom built streamlined gaming OS is a matter of some very warped, masochistic taste)

I dunno why you think this is a "my computer is better than your computer" contest, all I said was im a PC gamer. I like gaming on PC cause its easier for online?? Yes I know I cant run Crysis, I was merely saying that game has godlike graphics, as Moomoo said that PC games dont have good graphical capabilities. When it comes to PC gaming, i'm pretty hard core when it comes to Dawn Of War, Battlefield, Mark Of Chaos (Though, they were very dissapointing. So I guess i'd be lying on that one) and the many other PC games I play.

(If anyone has a bad pc but wants a good FPS, Painkiller kills some time too).

*looks at the above posts...runs*

Anyway just thought of some more, Galatic Civ is a great managment game, and to make it run better you can turn a lot of the more graphical features off. Aslo great because you can mod everything in the game. Also The Movies and Sim City should play but on the Movies may run slow at times

chaos said:
Diablo II should run and it's brilliant!

I heard about it and was tempted. However, Dawn Of War takes over my life when it comes to PC Gaming, that and linking up with some mates on Battlefield 2142. Epic wins to be had.

Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
Diablo II should run and it's brilliant!

I heard about it and was tempted. However, Dawn Of War takes over my life when it comes to PC Gaming, that and linking up with some mates on Battlefield 2142. Epic wins to be had.
I don't like games I have to think too much =P Therefore all strategy games are no good for me ... I did like to play Go though, but I've never managed to pass 16 Kyu... It's beeen a long time since I last played...

Back