Love Hina

Ok so i've finially finished the original series. going to work through the specials and again later. Out of ten i would give Love Hina a 7, Good animation i found and it did have some really good funny points.

Currently i'm reading through the manga and i'm enjoying it just as much as the anime. both are very good and exactly what i would expect for a harem, good lighthearted comedy/romance.

Couple of things that have left me dissapointed. First of would be watching episode 25, that got my hopes up so much that there would be another series. After a bit of investigation i found out that 25 was intended to be the start of another 24 episode series but with lack of funding it was cut. This has left me feeling gutted as i would happily watch another 24 episode series, Just a shame they didn't follow this route instead of the special and Love Hina Again.

Minus a couple of character traits that got on my nerves, after all the episodes Keitaro STILL lacks a permanent back bone. I would have thought after spending all that time in the Hinata Apartments he would atleast develop a little into more of a man, he is 20 after all.

However those flaws still dont take away that something that Love Hina has, I don't know what it is but i'm hungry for more of it hence the manga and specials :lol:

Well this is one of them series that always seems to come up. and for another series that i have yet to see; i will be purchasing the upcoming Love Hina complete collection box set though.

I can certainly reccomend it. You will enjoy it, if only you don't take it too seriously. Someone else in this thread (I think Paul) called it enjoyable "fluff" - I wholeheartedly agree.

I've got them all already so i won't be purchasing the box set but it's a good watch. I'm reading through the manga now and having just as much, if not more enjoyment than the anime.

Just don't watch Love Hina Again.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Nyu said:
Just don't watch Love Hina Again.
That's probably the funniest of the lot.

Don't watch the Spring Special.

You think? I thought it was just too different to the originals, it didn't even have the same opening which i was really dissapointed about.

My main problems would be the repeating of the same question that i think was dealt with about a million times before in all the previous episodes. I didn't find the humor in it funny and i think the length of it annoyed me even more, there were so many ways they could do it over a good chunk of episodes but 3? that seems rushed.

i think they shot themselves in the foot by not making a second seaon instead.

I think that they could have done the entire series in 13 episodes then followed up by LHA and it would have been much better for it.

Back