Love Hina

Well, I watched the fansubs of Love Hina a long time ago.
Compared to it's manga cousin, I feel like it doesn't stand up to expectations. I feel the ending was rushed and incomplete as they go onto what could be the Pararakelese Island that Su own, have an experience and wraps things up. Hell, they could probably leave out the manga's wedding epiloge and still make sence.
As for the anime, they kinda make me feel it was left open, cutting out most of the actual 'juicy' parts that makes me laugh and read on... But this is going from memory of a long time ago, and my brain sucks in that department. ^_^'

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my all time favourite series, loved the characters and there relationships and when it ends with Love Hina Again i felt down as I knew that was it, a really strange series (the again version) but it ends in the only way it possibly could.

I loved it probaly what got me rehooked it's funny rewatchable without getting old funny bit perverted in places :p

I wish they would make a second series but since the company did'nt bother to try and make money of it.

If they did try to get some capital out of it i think they would do well but meh ill look for the manga :)

Only anime i think equals it and more is azumanga

X_nick_X said:
I loved it probaly what got me rehooked it's funny rewatchable without getting old funny bit perverted in places :p

I wish they would make a second series but since the company did'nt bother to try and make money of it.

If they did try to get some capital out of it i think they would do well but meh ill look for the manga :)

Only anime i think equals it and more is azumanga

Second series couldn't work unless you made it happen between Love Hina and Love Hina Again. Its a nice thought and I would love to see it extended but after Naru's confession of love and them both leaving for Tokyo U at the end, the only way a new series could happen in my opinion would be if it was concerning their wedding

To extend the series any more and it would just be dragging out an already dragged out story. Could you handle it? Sure it's a fun series and I enjoy watching it, usually when i'm ill but it was as long as harem anime needs to be. The main problem with the manga was it continued AFTER they got together and you realised... wow... this relationship has no chemistry at all.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
To extend the series any more and it would just be dragging out an already dragged out story. Could you handle it? Sure it's a fun series and I enjoy watching it, usually when i'm ill but it was as long as harem anime needs to be. The main problem with the manga was it continued AFTER they got together and you realised... wow... this relationship has no chemistry at all.

Thats what I'd be affraid of happening in the anime they could only really skip to the wedding in a special OAV rather than showing the relationship, as its rare for animes to work well like that, they are mainly there for the build up, we all know they will get together in the end but its the journey to that point which we all enjoy

Your right

It's one of those animes you'd like to see an extension of it but you know that if they did it would destory the whole anime :cry:

I’ve seen the entire Love Hina series and to be honest it’s one of many animes which got me into the obsession to begin with. If you’re still left looking for more like I was then I suggest you check out the Love Hina manga, and if you’ve already done that then I suggest you check out A.I Love You which is by the same creator. Also the most recent work by Ken Akamatsu is Negima as they’ve mentioned already and I’ve bought the first three volumes but haven’t read it yet. I really love the first episode of Love Hina even to this very day.

Nemphtis said:
I’ve seen the entire Love Hina series and to be honest it’s one of many animes which got me into the obsession to begin with..

Same here it was the 3rd or 4th anime I've ever seen

pomtry said:
I think love hina was the 2nd anime Ive ever seen and that got me completely into anime and manga

Yep Hina is a great stepping stone into anime, I'm trying to get my girl friend to give it a chance but as of yet I am having no luck, especially since she won't watch subtitles and I hate the US voice over cast

Yep Hina is a great stepping stone into anime, I'm trying to get my girl friend to give it a chance but as of yet I am having no luck, especially since she won't watch subtitles and I hate the US voice over cast

Just try try and try again she will probably get sick of you saying and give up :twisted:

pomtry said:
I think love hina was the 2nd anime Ive ever seen and that got me completely into anime and manga

Same here. I read the manga and within a couple of months I had seen the entire series.
I really enjoyed it, though it was rather repetitive.

random_pie said:
pomtry said:

Same here. I read the manga and within a couple of months I had seen the entire series.
I really enjoyed it, though it was rather repetitive.

Agreed but aren't all harems, plus I never got tired of the different ways he got beaten up

pomtry said:
Agreed but aren't all harems, plus I never got tired of the different ways he got beaten up

I never got sick of the amount of times he got his ass kicked
The way he screams in the original were what made the show for me. In the dub they were just so toned down and even just... missed out so it kinda looked like a corpse being flung through the air.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
In the dub they were just so toned down and even just... missed out so it kinda looked like a corpse being flung through the air.

LOL.

I think he should have given up on her after a couple of episodes, or maybe he's just more tenacious than I am. :?

I'm only up to episode 7 but i'm enjoying it, It's different and semi predictable but there are some funny moments. It's no classic but it's not exactly crap either. A pretty good watch i'd say.

Ah I am the preverbial opposite much prefer sitting down to the anime, I find I can loose myself in the anime a lot easier than any manga

Back