Love Hina

arthur_webb

Adventurer
Alright, well, I just finished the R2 MVM DVDs of Love Hina, 1 - 6, and well, was left thinking - "is that all?"

I really enjoyed it and was just wondering what comes next, as I know there are various spin-offs.

Would anyone mind telling me a bit about any other anime Love Hina related and perhaps put it in a chronological order for me??

Thanks very much. ^.^

if you like the harem idea theres the one that started the genre off which is tenchi muyo

also a bit more ecchi but theres Amaenaideyo

but really if you loved love hina i'd check out Negami it's the same basic idea by the same artist, but with a harry potter twist

any anime with a welsh wizard can't be bad :)

When I see Negima for sale I'll be buying it. Only seen a little, but I back up the recommendation. ^_^

Love Hina chronological order:

Love Hina Series eps 1 - 25
Xmas Special
Spring Special
Love Hina Again Special

Check out the Christmas movie(which also contains a bonus episode and Love Hina Again. I'd say give the summer movie a miss... it starts off good but about 20 minutes or so in.... ugh!

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Check out the Christmas movie(which also contains a bonus episode and Love Hina Again. I'd say give the summer movie a miss... it starts off good but about 20 minutes or so in.... ugh!

So the Christmas Movie contains Love Hina 25, and Love Hina Again?

No the Uk release contains a bonus episode cut from the original series release. Love Hina again has yet to be released over here but the Christmas and spring specials have. I don’t know what Dave's talking about because they weren't released together in the states either unless he picked up the movie boxset [http://mediacavern.com/badi80263.html]

butch-cassidy said:
No the Uk release contains a bonus episode cut from the original series release. Love Hina again has yet to be released over here but the Christmas and spring specials have. Get them in this order for they do interconnect.

- Christmas
- Spring
- Again

Hey, thanks very much everybody.

But, one thing, is the Bonus Episode the same as episode 25? Because I'd hate to miss out on an episode...

butch-cassidy said:
I don’t know what Dave's talking about because they weren't released together in the states either unless he picked up the movie boxset [http://mediacavern.com/badi80263.html]
I meant he should check out Love Hina Again and the Christmas Movie. Not that The Christmas Movie contains Love Hina Again (forgot to close the brackets!).

I picked up 'Perfect Collection' set which has all the Love Hina DVD's including the movies for a decent price by the way.

Still... the Spring Movie... save your money. The song makes it vile.

Worst. Series. Ever.

It is horrible.

In my opinion, anyone think differently don't try to say it's not, because it's my opinion. Kthx.

Rukario said:
First part was, second part was just being an asshole. >_>

I know technically it's a crap series - I was surprised when I found myself buying the third DVD (after the intial purchase of the first two), but, frankly, it just grew on me.

It put a smile on my face - and for me that can outweigh a crappy dub, silly characters, shallow story, ect.

Strangely I'm with adamcube on Love Hina; it had its moments and it fairly watchable melodramatic "fluff" as long as it wasn't dealing in something completely weird.

By the way, I'm getting sick of the booing double team of Rukario and WTFDaveMustaine dragging threads down with their smart ass negativity all the time. Don't reply to this message here, just think about it or send me a PM.

I enjoyed the anime and the manga though it clearly isn't a materpiece.

I thought it was way better than Ah My Goddess the tv series which practically no one says anything bad about.

I'd choose Naru's punches over Beldandy's cardboardness any day.

Fine, i'll try to be more positive.

Though it is a general opinion that the Spring movie is pretty dire. Love Hina Again is probably the best of the lot though.

I found the Spring movie to be fine myself. Now I think about it, perhaps the series & the Xmas special were better (not seen LH Again yet), but the Spring special is certainly a good watch in my opinion.

Then again, it should be clear that I'm a Love Hina fan by now.

I think it was the song that killed the Spring movie for me. It might have been ok without that. Though I never really thought highly of the Island Chapters in the manga either... so maybe not.

I do think Love Hina Again is a good end to the series. The manga pretty much makes you think that they shouldnt be together at all with the way it goes on.

Back