London expo

The rail works for the expo weekend make public transport to custom house an absolute nightmare! You really gotta go on tfl.gov.uk and plan the journey in advance. I'm hoping for a lift but we'll see. :?

I don't think I've ever been to an Expo without there being immense railworks going on - it isn't really that much of a problem, there are plenty of alternate routes to places on the Tube alone.

Anyway, they threw this up on the Expo forums to help people with travel to Excel. -Copies and pastes to some actiony background music.-

"As a result of planned improvement works across the London transport network, normal advertised routes to ExCeL London will be affected. Line closures on the Jubilee Line and Docklands Light Railway (DLR) mean the following routes should be used each day, for the best and quickest journeys to ExCeL London by public transport. ExCeL London and TfL transport providers will provide frequent shuttle bus services to enable visitors to get to and from the show quickly and efficiently.

Saturday 23rd May
Visitors are strongly advised to use the Jubilee from London Bridge to Canning Town. Alight at Canning Town to transfer to regular and direct shuttle bus services to the main west entrance of ExCeL. This journey will take approximately 4-5 minutes. Buses will depart from bays B and D of Canning Town bus station. This direct shuttle service will operate to and from ExCeL between 0700-1900.

Outside of these times, visitors should use the standard rail replacement stopping services between Canning town and Custom House for ExCeL.

Sunday 24th May

Visitors are strongly advised to use the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf. Alight at Canary Wharf to transfer to regular and direct shuttle bus services to the main west entrance of ExCeL. Shuttles will depart from stop K on Upper Bank Street in Canary Wharf

Alternatively, use DLR services from Bank in the direction of Lewisham. Alight at Herons Quay DLR station and join the same bus service as detailed above. This direct shuttle service will operate to and from ExCeL between 0800-1800. Outside of these times, visitors should use the standard rail replacement stopping services between Canning Town and Custom House for ExCeL. (A change is then necessary at Canning Town to take a further replacement service back to Canary Wharf).

On both days, ExCeL London staff will be in place at interchange points to provide support, assistance and directions to bus services."

So, is there a headcount of everyone from here turning up at this thing?

haha. Too right!

Though I agree about using Jubilee line from London Bridge the hardest part for some is getting to London Bridge. What a nightmare! Everytime we have the MCM Expo they do railworks. I wanna slap those people with a wet fish! Darn them!!

Getting down from the North West is a pain this year since I looked at the trains schedule, I should learn to drive or my friends should.

Once again going with a couple of Friends but never do end up meeting up with anyone on here.

Project-2501 said:
Yay! Travel is going to be a mare and the anime industry panel is on the day I'm not going :) Happy days!

I was wondering where did you see the a "timetable" for the panels, I couldn't find one =(

Cheers for that ebook, but the time it takes for each page to load is annoying. Though there seems to be plenty of things going on, I think I'll enjoy finding out the exact details on the day, when I'm there.

Incidentally, I plan on going on the Saturday. Hopefully before noon.

Project-2501 said:
Yay! Travel is going to be a mare and the anime industry panel is on the day I'm not going :) Happy days!

There will be an industry panel both days so don't worry :)!

See a lot of you there hopefully, swing by the Beez stand and say hi!

- Andrew

I can't remember... have I posted in here yet for the latest expo? LOL, it's been a haze for the last 5-6 weeks, I've been drawing 30 pages every 3-4 days non-stop to get a book to the printers XD

*raises hands* WH00p! I will be there on both days! I'll be working the Sweatdrop Studios stand mostly. I'll be crossplaying Abel Nightroad one last time before I retire him for a looong while (as I cross over to the dark side and start dressing as Rosencreuz Orden hehe)... though only on the Saturday I think, as my husband can't help me touch-up my silver hair on Sunday morning. I may, may just bring back my Kamiya Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin on Sunday. Maybe. XD

Hope I'll recognise a few of you there *waves*

hmm im not so sure i will be going now...
the entry fee of £10 is just ridiculously high (i remember some years back when it was like i think just over £5), and i will be mostly there to buy anime.....which i can purchase online/elsewhere...

ill have to see,.....

Hey guys I am going as well! who is going in cosplay? i am planning to take pictures of the cosplayers and post them up on the forum here over the weekend! where are we all meeting?

Ninja Boy! said:
the entry fee of £10 is just ridiculously high
I'd say that it's reasonable, for London prices. I know of places I'd hate to be in which charge more than that. I'm hoping this'll be more than just a glorified version of the HMV anime shelf.

Are people planning to meet somewhere?

For the last few years the company I work for has produced a large chunk of the wall panels, posters and banners for these Expos, and I'm the poor sod that has to prep the files ready for printing. Every time I see the finished product though, I always think to myself that this time i'll go to one.

But then I realise several things...

1, The rail fair from Manchester to London is fecking rediculous,

2, I don't actually know too much about what goes on there so I don't know if i'd really enjoy it anyway.

3, It's always too late to arrange accomodation.

:(

Zin5ki said:
Ninja Boy! said:
the entry fee of £10 is just ridiculously high
I'd say that it's reasonable, for London prices. I know of places I'd hate to be in which charge more than that. I'm hoping this'll be more than just a glorified version of the HMV anime shelf.

Are people planning to meet somewhere?

As a londoner, i still say its expensive lol

hmm the only reason i'm thinking of going is getting the cheap Beez sales and some random impulses i may see.

as for meeting, i have no idea.....
i only live like 15/20 mins away so i doubt i will be

Back