Legality of Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
One who thinks he's in the right for only downloading what's not legally available in the UK is just someone attempting to justify their own wrongdoing. It's like saying, 'I only steal from the rich, but that makes it ok--it doesn't effect those around me!'

Such simple-minded thinking irks me. Even people in European territories have the ability to import. Being in the UK doesn't make it impossible to pay for anime.

You're either scum or a person who tries to take the moral high ground to feel better about life. Either way, I don't like you unless you're honest and remove the ********.

...Me? Like I said, I really don't care. If I want to watch something, I download it. If I want to buy it, I buy it. I prefer simplicity rather than over-thinking and bringing right and wrong, 'What if it damages the industry!!1111' arguments into it.

This forum really is ******* **** because of its ****** members, btw. Once again, rather than watching or, Allah forbid, typing about anime, you idiots instead decide to type about if it's right or wrong to download, or if it's right to rank pretty boxes over content. Dicks.

I also dislike people who delete long messages in hissy fits and judge things based on the views of others, rather than judging for themselves, just for the record. The type who do so right after receiving a box of goodies annoy me even more so.

******* women...

Durial666 said:
piracyisnottheft.jpg

Is this what you mean Mutsumi?

Even a complete idiot could understand that picture, so yes, it works.

fabriluna: While the two may both be crimes, one is morally wrong and the other is not.

And yes.

Keep that up Aion, I find your negativity endearing. A bit like the guy below:
Spider_Jerusalem.jpg

I'll be shocked if you don't recognise the character, he seems like your kind of guy.

stuart-says-yes said:
Mutsumi said:
Keep that up Aion, I find your negativity endearing. A bit like the guy below:
Spider_Jerusalem.jpg

I'll be shocked if you don't recognise the character, he seems like your kind of guy.

for once actually I find aion has a point , and the picture is bloddy childish.

It doesn't matter whether piracy is stealing or not , it still at the end of the day means a jail sentence and a fine that goes on your criminal record , limiting the amount of job's you can actually get in to (so you'll end up working in a cafe in ASDA's)

No, the picture is not childish. It is a character from a comic that I find is quite similar to Aion, and I expect he would enjoy the comparison.

Jail? No.
Fine? Usually.
Criminal record? Perhaps.
Limitation to what jobs you can get? Not at all. You only have to declare any court cases pending, and any convictions classified as unspent under the Criminal Rehabilitation Act. Some may also ask you to declare if you have received a police caution, or if you have ever been punished for any traffic offenses.

stuart-says-yes said:
yes it is childish who ever thinks a "ripped" man giving the middle finger is funny is childish

also Before a magistrates' Court, the penalties for distributing unauthorised files are a maximum fine of £5,000 and/or six months imprisonment;
or On indictment (in the Crown Court) some offences may attract an unlimited fine and up to 10 years imprisonment.

Yup

I think this is now becoming a case where people have said their pieces and things are going in circles with people understandably having passionate stances on the topic. It's also on the verge of being personal in some cases. Locking.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back