Legal Streaming for Winter 2021 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san - Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House first episode is up now on NHK World and it looks like it will be available for a year from broadcast. There’s also a short documentary afterwards called 3 Minute Maiko that I assume will explain some of the cultural content.

I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, but I checked and the narrator is in English, but the voice acting is in Japanese, fortunately. I don‘t know if there’s even a full Japanese language version, as I think it’s airing first on NHK World before airing on one of the regular NHK channels.

It’s also broadcast live at loads of times but all awkward for the UK: 11:30 PM, 5:30 AM, 12:30 PM and 5:30 PM, but the catch-up goes up a bit after the first broadcast.

Edit: It’s been added to Crunchyroll too, and it’s all in Japanese including the narrator. So I know where I’ll be watching it if I decide to follow it.

Last edited:
Tiger & Bunny is now streaming on Netflix, dubbed and subbed.

I'm unfamiliar with this series (it hasn't been available to stream since I started watching anime), is a good watch?
I'm a big fan of My Hero Academia, so I guess this show is similar to that one?

Tiger & Bunny is now streaming on Netflix, dubbed and subbed.

I'm unfamiliar with this series (it hasn't been available to stream since I started watching anime), is a good watch?
I'm a big fan of My Hero Academia, so I guess this show is similar to that one?
I loved Tiger & Bunny. Really hope it been on Netflix gives it the audience it deserves. I wouldn’t compare it to My Hero Academia as that’s a Shonen Show. I can’t think of anything off the top of my head to compare T&B to but I’d defo recommend watching it, it’s really fun.

I loved Tiger & Bunny. Really hope it been on Netflix gives it the audience it deserves. I wouldn’t compare it to My Hero Academia as that’s a Shonen Show. I can’t think of anything off the top of my head to compare T&B to but I’d defo recommend watching it, it’s really fun.

Thanks for replying! So it's kinda superhero themed but very different to My Hero Academia? That sounds like I'll enjoy it. I'll have to add that to my watchlist.

Thanks for replying! So it's kinda superhero themed but very different to My Hero Academia? That sounds like I'll enjoy it. I'll have to add that to my watchlist.
Let me know what u think.. yeah it’s not really like a Shonen show but it’s still really fun. I love Kotetsu (aka Wild Tiger) in it, superb character.

CR have picked up the first three Urusei Yatsura films - surprisingly, all are UK accessible, which I think makes this the first time we've had anything UY streaming here.

Thanks for letting us know!

We seem to be getting a lot of back category anime from Crunchyroll lately. Is just a coincidence that the buy out has happened/happening?

Either way, I'm interested to see what other anime they add! A lot of the ones they have added are either new to the UK or making a comeback, so it's great to see. Credit where credit is due :)

Thanks for letting us know!

We seem to be getting a lot of back category anime from Crunchyroll lately. Is just a coincidence that the buy out has happened/happening?

Either way, I'm interested to see what other anime they add! A lot of the ones they have added are either new to the UK or making a comeback, so it's great to see. Credit where credit is due :)
All of the recent titles came from Discotek Media (US home video distributor), while their home video discs are generally region locked some of their titles are UK accessible on streaming.

CR have picked up the first three Urusei Yatsura films - surprisingly, all are UK accessible, which I think makes this the first time we've had anything UY streaming here.

Another batch of Urusei Yatsura movies are now available on Crunchyroll. Each are all UK accessible and include English dub.

Urusei Yatsura Movie 4: Lum the Forever
Urusei Yatsura Movie 5: The Final Chapter

Urusei Yatsura Movie 6: Always, My Darling

It took roughly a year since it was first announced, but all 12 episodes of Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 1 is now dubbed and available on Funimation starting tomorrow.

smgh1p1l.png

This marks the first Aniplex title that I know of that has been dubbed after an Aniplex of America release has occurred. If this trend continues I expect The Irregular at Magic High School and its film to follow suit also before its next story arc (not yet confirmed whether it's a film, OVA or Season 3 yet) and spin-off series become available. I don't expect every catalog Aniplex title to be given this treatment though.

Back