Legal Streaming for Winter 2021 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

I had a weird one earlier. I tried to play episode 2 of something, but it played episode 1 with episode 2s subs! Quiting out of the video and starting again from the series page rather than my home page fixed it.
That happened to me when I first went to watch episode 4 of Skate-Leading Stars.

Apologies if its been mentioned but a little bit of not Jojo's but still Jojo's coming Feb 18th Subbed & Dubbed to Netflix.
Yeah I forgot to mention it lol. It is interesting that those old four JoJo OVAs are going to be available through Netflix of all things. Folks have been speculating as to who is taking over the voice of Rohan for the English dub.

MAL to steam a new short film on their YouTube channel:

It'll be 11pm UK time on the 28th of January.

Don't know if these have been mentioned

Night is Short, Walk on Girl is leaving Netflix on 1st February and Attack on Titan is leaving Netflix on 3rd February

Spring 2020 anime titles Sakura Wars the Animation and TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls have been completely dubbed and will be available starting tomorrow on Funimation.

Netflix will be adding The Promised Neverland Season 1, Sword Art Online Alicization, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online and Tiger & Bunny (the version without the ads) as well as a re-stream of Seraph of the End in the coming months.

Spring 2020 anime titles Sakura Wars the Animation and TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls have been completely dubbed and will be available starting tomorrow on Funimation.

Netflix will be adding The Promised Neverland Season 1, Sword Art Online Alicization, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online and Tiger & Bunny (the version without the ads) as well as a re-stream of Seraph of the End in the coming months.
The Netflix ones seem very Anime Limited centric... wonder if we can expect an announcement they've picked up T&B and SofE.

The Netflix ones seem very Anime Limited centric... wonder if we can expect an announcement they've picked up T&B and SofE.
Tiger & Bunny is also going to be available in other territories, so it could be Sunrise providing some exposure to the series in anticipation for Season 2. Heck, if Netflix gets Season 2 that would be amusing.

Would be cool for AL to grab Season 1 if they can though.

So looks like we have a legal streaming winner! The Promised Neverland [S1] is already available at Amazon Prime, Crunchyroll, Funimation and HIDIVE. With Netflix coming soon, that's 5 places to stream!

Looks like no one has any excuse not to watch it haha!

Um, has anyone else noticed that Crunchyroll has now locked 2 episodes of Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 behind Premium?
Is this an error or a strategy going forward?

The schedule page shows that S2E4 should be available now, but the episode page itself says not available in date for free users and has a banner ad saying to go premium to watch the rest of the series. Has this ever happened before?

Um, has anyone else noticed that Crunchyroll has now locked 2 episodes of Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 behind Premium?
Is this an error or a strategy going forward?

The schedule page shows that S2E4 should be available now, but the episode page itself says not available in date for free users and has a banner ad saying to go premium to watch the rest of the series. Has this ever happened before?
Seems to be the same with re:zero, maybe they've quietly changed their policy for access to simulcasts or made the wait for watching without a subscription longer?

Not sure if i missed this but the Funimation App seems to be feeling the ripples of the Crunchy buy out as a few series from their catalogue have made there way over. Noticed Gintama s3, Recovery of an MMO Junkie and New Game which had all previously disappeared from the UK.

Edit: going by the list of Crunchyrol departures when they split there's Brave Witches & Nanbaka been added as well.

Last edited:
Back