Legal Streaming for Summer 2021 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Wasn't sure where to post this but technically it's legal streaming so please let me know if it should go somewhere else.

As I posted in the Asian Cinema thread using a US VPN on YouTube brings up a load of free movies (with ads) and after doing a bit more searching discovered all four InuYasha movies are available there too (dubbed).

Screenshot_20210823-234018_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20210823-234023_YouTube.jpg

Edens Zero is now streaming the first 12 episodes on Netflix.

For those who are interested in the English dub of the show, here's a screenshot of the credited cast that features a notable point.

Unknown2.png

Following the Japanese side regarding the cast, where Happy and Elsie Crimson are played the seiyu of Happy and Erza from Fairy Tail respectively, the Bang Zoom produced dub brings in Tia Ballard and Colleen Clinkenbeard for pseudo reprisals. This doesn't usually happen for actors based out of Texas so is worth noting for fans.

Seems like Funimation just did a massive update of old shows including Pretear, Gantz, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid and Girls Bravo to name but a few.
Lucky for them the BBFC doesn't get to see them!

Edit: Weirdly everything is sub only. Even the ones that funimation dubbed themselves 🤷‍♂️

Seems like Funimation just did a massive update of old shows including Pretear, Gantz, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid and Girls Bravo to name but a few.
Lucky for them the BBFC doesn't get to see them!

Edit: Weirdly everything is sub only. Even the ones that funimation dubbed themselves 🤷‍♂️
Well even if the whole BBFC thing happened it still won't have any effect on the streaming side to be honest (unless it's Netflix, which I'm actually hoping Sentai just shoves Fate/Kaleid on there to see what happens).

UPDATE: I had a look and none of them actually display on the Show page section, so you'll have to manually search for each one. Valkyrie Drive doesn't show up for me but the other three did.

Well even if the whole BBFC thing happened it still won't have any effect on the streaming side to be honest (unless it's Netflix, which I'm actually hoping Sentai just shoves Fate/Kaleid on there to see what happens).

UPDATE: I had a look and none of them actually display on the Show page section, so you'll have to manually search for each one. Valkyrie Drive doesn't show up for me but the other three did.
That's really weird, for me I just clicked on the 'all shows' tab (on mobile) and there they all were...

Screenshot_20210831-133117_Funimation.jpg

Funimation is adding more catalog stuff starting 21st September:
  • Date A Bullet: Dead or Bullet (24 minute film released in 2020, based on Date A Live spin-off series Date A Bullet)
  • Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement (72 minute film released in 2015, set in-between Seasons 2 & 3 but is non-canon)
  • Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi The Case of Takafumi Yokozawa (50 minute film released in 2014)
  • Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi Episode Proposal (21 minute film released in 2020)

Back