Legal Streaming 2019: Q1 Winter Season

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
For quick access to the older streaming threads:
2017: Winter - Spring - Summer - Autumn / 2018: Winter - Spring - Summer - Autumn
2019: Winter - Spring - Summer - Autumn / 2020: Winter - Spring - Summer - Autumn
2021: Winter - Spring - Summer - Autumn

Welcome to the official Winter 2019 legal anime streaming status thread, where I note down all of the titles that are currently available for the UK & Ireland. This will be an interesting direction as the Crunchyroll x Funimation partnership has concluded while Crunchyroll & Sentai Filmworks are getting along once again. Amazon's partnerships are also suspected to have expired but there's no further updates as of yet.

TV:

B-Project: Zecchou*Emotion - No legal availability for UK/IE
BanG Dream! [S2] | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale | HIDIVE
Boogiepop and Others (Boogiepop wa Warawanai) | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
Date A Live III | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
Dimension High School | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
Domestic Girlfriend (Domestic na Kanojo) | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
Dororo | Amazon Prime
ENDRO! | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
Forest of Piano (Piano no Mori) [S2] | Netflix [Dub]
Girly Air Force | Crunchyroll
Grimms Notes The Animation | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
How clumsy you are, Miss Ueno. (Ueno-san wa Bukiyou) | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen) | Crunchyroll
Kakegurui×× | Netflix [Dub]
Katana Friends ~ Mini Toji | Crunchyroll
Kemono Friends 2 | Crunchyroll
Kemurikusa | Amazon Prime
Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note | Crunchyroll
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka) | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
The Magnificent KOTOBUKI (Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai) | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
Meiji Tokyo Renka | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
Mob Psycho 100 II | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
The Morose Mononokean (Fukigen na Mononokean Tsuzuki) [S2] | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
My Roommate is a Cat (Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.) | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
Pastel Memories | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
The Price of Smiles (Egao no Daika) | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland) | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
The Quintessential Quintuplets (Gotoubun no Hanayome) | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends (Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends) | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
Rainy Cocoa: Side G (Ame-iro Cocoa: Side G) | Crunchyroll
Real Girl (3D Kanojo: Real Girl) [S2] | HIDIVE [Dub]
REVISIONS | Netflix [Dub]
Rinshi!! Ekoda Chan | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari) | Crunchyroll - Funimation [Dub]

VIRTUALSAN - LOOKING (Virtual-san wa Miteiru) | Crunchyroll
W'z | Crunchyroll - HIDIVE
WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down to Me (Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!) | Crunchyroll

Others:

Blue Exorcist -Kyoto Saga-
| Netflix [Dub]
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Final Arc | Netflix

Godzilla: The Planet Eater | Netflix [Dub]
Hataraki Man | HIDIVE
Hi-Score Girl [OVAs] | Netflix [Dub]
The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky | Netflix [Dub]
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 [Second-Cour] | Funimation [Dub]

English dub add-ons:

Girls' Last Tour
| HIDIVE

Just Because! | HIDIVE
KONOSUBA! [S1] | Crunchyroll
Land of the Lustrous | HIDIVE
My Girlfriend is Shobitch | HIDIVE

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- | Crunchyroll

Last edited:
I would assume that more will come available in the next few months?
Are you going to update the legal streaming thread? You haven't got round to update it since early december, and I'll be interested to know what shows have been added/removed in that time-frame!

I would assume that more will come available in the next few months?
Are you going to update the legal streaming thread? You haven't got round to update it since early december, and I'll be interested to know what shows have been added/removed in that time-frame!
A quick TL;DR on what exactly happened - travel got hectic (blame Northern Rail) so I lost 2 hours of my spare time during the week and didn't have time to update the thread. As far as I'm aware there wasn't any new simulcasts outside of one or two and a few catalog (which I referenced in article form i.e Netflix). I'm going to make sure this thread will be updated and I am happy to have someone make a post that a simulcast has been announced etc (I mean I did everything over the year and there has to be a point where I can't just do everything, if that makes sense?). The main official legal stream list (i.e. the entire thing) is usually updated every 1-2 weeks depending on how many titles were added, but not that many actually look at it so it's not a priority.

But as to whether or not there will be new titles for the Winter season. It honestly varies because you can get a lot in one year and not that much in the next. I do expect some more catalogue additions though.

No Worries! Life happens sometimes so interweb stuff takes a back burner. Sorry if I sounded a bit demanding, that wasn't my intention. I'm still new to the Anime world (and this site for that matter) so I wasn't sure how often you update it, or if the industry takes a break like other areas do, you know?

With so much information flying around, and quite a bit has nothing do with us in the UK, I find it a very helpful list, since most of the time I check that list to see if a show is avaiable before I buy it (since I don't buy anime that I can stream) or check the new additons for inspiration on what to watch next. :)

No Worries! Life happens sometimes so interweb stuff takes a back burner. Sorry if I sounded a bit demanding, that wasn't my intention. I'm still new to the Anime world (and this site for that matter) so I wasn't sure how often you update it, or if the industry takes a break like other areas do, you know?

With so much information flying around, and quite a bit has nothing do with us in the UK, I find it a very helpful list, since most of the time I check that list to see if a show is avaiable before I buy it (since I don't buy anime that I can stream) or check the new additons for inspiration on what to watch next. :)

Oh don't worry I am happy that there's at least one person that is interested! When I finished Uni and was job-hunting, I was basically working on AUKN's articles and forums for about 24/7 while others were busy with their stuff. When my hunt was over, as you may guessed the work slowed down (I had to get Joshawott to take over on the big articles as my timeframe wasn't possible). On the plus side I get more anime for my hauls and keep my blog busy.

Oh don't worry I am happy that there's at least one person that is interested! When I finished Uni and was job-hunting, I was basically working on AUKN's articles and forums for about 24/7 while others were busy with their stuff. When my hunt was over, as you may guessed the work slowed down (I had to get Joshawott to take over on the big articles as my timeframe wasn't possible). On the plus side I get more anime for my hauls and keep my blog busy.
I sometimes forget how involved Moderator's are with sites like this. Well keep up the good work and I hope life is a little less hectic in the new year! :cool:

Just been picking out my watchlist:

• Boogiepop Crunchyroll
  • Domestic Girlfriend HIDIVE
  • Dororo Amazon
  • Endro~! Crunchyroll
  • Forest of Piano [S2] Netflix
  • Girly Air Force Crunchyroll
  • How clumsy you are, Miss Ueno. HIDIVE
  • Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji Crunchyroll
  • Kemono Friends 2 Crunchyroll
  • Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Crunchyroll
  • The Magnificent KOTOBUKI HIDIVE
  • Mob Psycho 100 II Crunchyroll
  • The Promised Neverland Crunchyroll
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets Crunchyroll
  • Revisions Netflix
  • Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan Crunchyroll
  • Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Crunchyroll

And continuing:
  • Hinamaru Sumo Crunchyroll
  • Karakuri Circus Amazon
  • SAO: Alicization Crunchyroll
https://www.livechart.me/users/D1tchd1gger/library/tv

Last edited:
I wish Netflix would say how they are releasing the + Ultra stuff as I would like to know if I need to obtain them.

Watching:
MP100 II
Kakeguri S2
Neverland
Manaria Friends
Dororo
REVISIONS
B-Project S2

Continuing
SAO S3
Ace Attorney
Run with the wind

BanG Dream! [S2]
Boogiepop (Boogiepop wa Warawanai)
Domestic Girlfriend (Domestic na Kanojo)
Endro~!
Forest of Piano (Piano no Mori)
Girly Air Force
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
Kakegurui××
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka)
The Price of Smiles (Egao no Daika)
The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland) | Crunchyroll
The Quintessential Quintuplets (Gotoubun no Hanayome)
Real Girl (3D Kanojo: Real Girl)
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari) | Crunchyroll - Funimation
Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!

I will watch/try these.

I think I'm going to be watching:

Neverland as a new seasonal show

Bloom into You as a Previous Season show

Slime and SAO S3 as current continuation

Then start some Bluray titles as I've got a... few... titles that need to be watched

Yeah my list is looking pretty quiet for now and I hope it stays that way. I'll finally have some time for the backlog I've been building since 2016.
  • Mob Psycho 100 II
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
  • BanG Dream Season 2
  • Kakegurui xx
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
  • Kaguya-sama: Love is War
  • Manaria Friends
Picking up five new shows (four depending on whether Netflix gets Kakegurui xx) and continuing two shows.

Will finish Bandori S1 and MP100 Reigen in the next few days in preparation.

My winter 2019 watch list

Continuing

A Certain Magical Index III
Fairy Tail
Radiant
Sword Art Online Alicization
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club

Watching

3D Kanojo: Real Girl
Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale
Circlet Princess
Date A Live Ⅲ
Domestic Girlfriend
Endro~!
Girly Air Force
Grimms Notes The Animation
How clumsy you are, Miss Ueno
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Kakegurui××
Kemurikusa
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
Mini Toji
My Roommate is a Cat
Pastel Memories
The Magnificent Kotobuki
The Price of Smiles
The Promised Neverland
Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends
Revisions
The Rising of the Shield Hero
Virtualsan-Looking
W'z
Wataten!: An Angel Flew Down to Me

Last edited:
From the list I'll probably take a look at:
  • Boogiepop (Boogiepop wa Warawanai)
  • Domestic Girlfriend (Domestic na Kanojo)
  • Dororo
  • Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka)
  • Mob Psycho 100 II
  • The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland)
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets (Gotoubun no Hanayome)
  • Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends (Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends)
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Though I do need to focus on the Autumn 2018 season first since I have been pretty behind on the anime lately. At least three of the shows I'm currently watching do carry over into the Winter 2019 season (JoJo, SAO, Slime).

Made a few changes to my watchlist.
  • BanG Dream Season 2
  • The Promised Neverland
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
  • Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends
  • Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
  • Mob Psycho 100 II
I've put JJBA on hold since I seem to enjoy it more when I watch it in one go. As before Kakegurui xx is delayed to whenever Netflix releases it.

Good quiet season.

Back