Legal Streaming 2018: Q2 Spring Season | FOR REAL?! UPYO ADVANCE BOOSTO?!

Recapping the recent additions to the streaming services.

Crunchyroll | New Addition [Simulcast]

Cardfight!! Vanguard (2018)
Regions: Worldwide except for Asia

Crunchyroll | New Addition [Funimation Catalogue]

Selector Infected WIXOSS
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands.

Selector Spread WIXOSS
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands.

Crunchyroll | Unavailable for the UK [Funimation Catalogue]

Date A Live
Regions: United States, Canada

Date A Live II
Regions: United States, Canada, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark. Netherlands.

Netflix | New Addition [Netflix Original]

Aggretsuko
Regions: All territories with Netflix access

Netflix | New Addition [Catalogue]

Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (Special Edition)
Regions: United Kingdom, Ireland + others

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
Regions: United Kingdom, Ireland + others

I'm dying to see Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro as I have an old VHS with some dubious dubbing, and I would so love to hear the original version.

That was probably the Streamline dub, in which they even translated Lupin into English calling him Wolf.
I can confirm that it is the 1991 Streamline English dub that is being used for the Netflix stream, which is pretty much the one most have listened to if I recall. Discotek's official Blu-ray release does have every dub included at least.

I can confirm that it is the 1991 Streamline English dub that is being used for the Netflix stream, which is pretty much the one most have listened to if I recall. Discotek's official Blu-ray release does have every dub included at least.
Excellent. I'll have a look later to find it.

Recapping the recent additions to the streaming services.

Crunchyroll | New Addition [Simulcast]

To Be Heroine

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. [Season 1]
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Prince of Stride: Alternative
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Record of Lodoss War (OVA Series)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Scar-red Rider XechS
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Crunchyroll | Unavailable for the UK [Catalogue]

Space Battleship Yamato 2202
Regions: United States, Canada.

Funimation | New Addition [Catalogue]

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand

Crunchyroll | Upcoming Season Additions [Simulcast]

Dies Irae (Part 2)

ISLAND
Regions: To Be Announced

The Master of Ragnarök & Blesser of Einherjar (Hyakuren no Haō to Seiyaku no Valkyria)
Regions: To Be Announced

Crunchyroll have confirmed that both ISLAND and The Master of Ragnarök & Blesser of Einherjar are co-productions (i.e. titles are basically licensed by the distributor).

I wasn't really sure where to ask this, so here it is ;)

Am I correct in thinking that anything Simulcast on Amazon is licensed only for Internet Streaming and they do not have Home Video rights?

So if say, Sentai Filmworks wanted to release Magical Girl Site, then it would be a normal /Get home video rights from Japanese Licensor/ rather than from Amazon?

I wasn't really sure where to ask this, so here it is ;)

Am I correct in thinking that anything Simulcast on Amazon is licensed only for Internet Streaming and they do not have Home Video rights?

So if say, Sentai Filmworks wanted to release Magical Girl Site, then it would be a normal /Get home video rights from Japanese Licensor/ rather than from Amazon?
Amazon only have the streaming rights to the NoitaminA, Animeism and select other titles. No home video.

I don't get it! Anime Ltd. loses Funi licenses on DVD and Blu Ray but Funi gets to stream their shows even though they don't have DVD Blu Ray rights. I'm guessing this is like arslan and Seraph of the End, streaming rights only.

I don't get it! Anime Ltd. loses Funi licenses on DVD and Blu Ray but Funi gets to stream their shows even though they don't have DVD Blu Ray rights. I'm guessing this is like arslan and Seraph of the End, streaming rights only.
Anime Limited have streaming and home video rights for FMP: Invisible Victory.

So the compromise then, because unless Anime Ltd. suddenly strike up a new deal for other Funi shows at some MCM or something then we only get My hero academia and maybe Season 3 of Attack on Titan

Netflix | Coming Soon [Netflix Original series]

Fate/EXTRA Last Encore: Oblitus Copernican Theory
The series has been listed with a 30th June release date, which sounds about right.

Hyouka
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Netherlands.

Crunchyroll | Unavailable for the UK [Funimation Catalogue]

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito)
Regions: United States, Canada

Shonen Maid
Regions: United States, Canada, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands.

Back