K-On Boxset & Haruhi movie Blu-rays Cancelled!

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
Or at least Manga have finally commented on the situation on Facebook with their usual vague 'doesn't look good' which is usually the groundwork for a total denial in a week or so.

I am afraid that things are not looking very positive for a K-On Series One Blu-ray release at this stage.

Bandai going tits up couldn't have helped, but actually this is one cancellation that doesn't bother me, with what I have read about the US K-ON Blu-ray releases.

They actually have DD 2.0 audio at a lower bitrate than the DVDs. 192 as opposed to 224. The Japanese Blu-rays have LPCM audio. They also have extra features.

I.Fecking.Knew.It.

I knew about the issues with the U.S. blu-rays, but I was hoping us having a different blu-ray region than them would make things better.

Anyone else guessing The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya will be cancelled as well now?

This was inevitable the moment Darker Than Black 2 BD was cancelled. I went ahead and bought the K-On DVDs knowing that the BDs would almost certainly not be out in the Spring, as originally planned, and perhaps not at all.

I'm pretty happy with said DVDs anyway, disappointing lack of extras aside.

Oh Manga, everything you touch you destroy.
2lCEi.gif

Joshawott said:
Anyone else guessing The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya will be cancelled as well now?

I would and wouldn't be surprised.
As a property Haruhi is both popular and famous, and they've gone through the process of trying to organise a remaster which is part of the reason they're so late, so it'd seem extremely strange to drop it now.

That said, most people who want a BD version have probably already grabbed the US release given how long manga are taking.
They shoot themselves in the foot in so many ways!

Manga really are becoming a joke of a company, been waiting ages for the blu ray box set if it doesn't happen i guess i will just import it but still i want to support the uk industry but Manga are trying hard to stop me!

How frustrating, i really wanted that boxset, not sure if I'll pick up the DVD Boxset or import ..hmm.

Regarding the Haruhi BD ..i swear to god if they cancel that I'll..I'll..post angry rants or something..had that on pre-order since.. forever.

GreenTango said:
Manga really are becoming a joke of a company, been waiting ages for the blu ray box set if it doesn't happen i guess i will just import it but still i want to support the uk industry but Manga are trying hard to stop me!
I imported Fairy Tail from America just because I'm getting fed up with this. Sure, the Fairy Tail BDs are an upscale from Standard Definition, but they still make the standard definition look like crap - and even the DVDs are regions 1,2 and 4.

With Haruhi, I wanted the Blu-Ray, but I got the DVD instead. Don't know if I can justify getting the BD now.

Ian Wolf said:
Thank God I've been buying the regular DVDs as they've been coming out.
Joshawott said:
With Haruhi, I wanted the Blu-Ray, but I got the DVD instead.
My one piece of advice to anime consumers would be to NOT adopt this kind of attitude. If you want an HD version and they're not prepared to offer you one, frankly, f*ck 'em. No-one deserves support for offering you something you don't actually want (I've been trying to get the same message through the heads of the MLP community to no avail as well - bollocks to out of sequence low episode count DVDs). The pull of servile consumerism is obviously too strong for some people though.

My buying habits can now be summed up in one sentence: Official BD release or nothing. Give me what I want and I'll gladly pay for it. What I won't do is settle for anything less.

Well, when I get a multiregional or Region A BD player, the K-ON! BDs will now be on the list.

If a company here isn't offering me a BD release but I can play the American BD, I get that (like Fairy Tail).

@ayase I can tell you that the main reason why I brought the single DVDs rather than waiting for the BD is because I don't have a BD player. If I did then I would buy a BD collection, but alas I don't.

Not surprised at all, I can't imagine K-On would be selling enough to warrant them doing a run of blu-rays for it! Since it's K-On and also because the US blu-rays are lame, I'll just wait for Manga to throw a cheap DVD set on Amazon and then check it out one day as per my original plan.

R

ayase said:
Ian Wolf said:
Thank God I've been buying the regular DVDs as they've been coming out.
Joshawott said:
With Haruhi, I wanted the Blu-Ray, but I got the DVD instead.
My one piece of advice to anime consumers would be to NOT adopt this kind of attitude. If you want an HD version and they're not prepared to offer you one, frankly, **** 'em. No-one deserves support for offering you something you don't actually want (I've been trying to get the same message through the heads of the MLP community to no avail as well - bollocks to out of sequence low episode count DVDs). The pull of servile consumerism is obviously too strong for some people though.

My buying habits can now be summed up in one sentence: Official BD release or nothing. Give me what I want and I'll gladly pay for it. What I won't do is settle for anything less.
A man (woman?) after my own heart.

I'm of the male persuasion I'm afraid Conan. If only more women did posses your kind of righteous fury...

Well, if only more women possessed that kind of righteous fury and it was aimed at something...

Something other than me.

Back