Jonathan Ross' documentary series Japanorama gets 2nd season

Turtleheart said:
If there is anything which is offensive to anyone, it is the unforgivable use of EuroTrash-style overdubs rather than subtitles. This not only lowers the tone of the whole programme but makes it much harder to understand anything that anyone is saying, and utterly impossible to make out any of the original speech.
You expect too much from a EuroTrash-style production. This is not suppose to be a serious educational programme. It's a piss-take that looks like an educational programme, which is the reason it's on BBC 3 and not 2, or 4.

Okay, my little brother watched the last episode with me. Made it quite an uncomfortable viewing. It was a lot more explicit than previous episodes.

Yeah I watched last nights today and it was weird, all I got from it is that Japanese humour is like a cross between Jack Ass, barbie dolls and Ali G (guy in leather).

Yeah, it certainly went for the most extreme side of humour. I was dissapointed to see no mention of less vulgar, but still popular comedies such as Azumanga or Excel Saga, but then again asking for anime might be a bit too much.

And that guy that could lift 20 kilos with his balls was disgusting.

They didnt cover other comedy shows that are popular in japan, such as the many prank shows they run. But i guess you cant fit everything in a 30 minute show!
But the episode was still enjoyable (apart from the guy who was lifting weights with his sack.)

I am often disappointed by Japanorama as it is always so 'extreme' and always focuses on complete nutters, so as to make everyone in Japan look crazy :) Jonathan Ross' Asian Invasion about Japanese, Korean and Chinese movies did exactly the same thing, concentrating on the giant squid fighting movie and other weirdness rather than proper films.

Rukario said:
Episode 26.

So I'm interested in buying "Oh Mikey" funny stuff.
That was the series that ADV licenced and renamed The Fuccons wasn't it?

I never liked the look when I saw some of it way before ADV announced their licence...

Lol. I was talking to my brother about Chiaki Kuriyama, and there she was on the latest episode. >_>

Damn I need to see those movies she's in.

Back