Jetix UK to air Naruto this year

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<p>According to a report at <a href="http://www.anime.org.uk/aorguk.nsf/News/30D634B10C83A96480257168007A6B1B">Anime.org.uk</a>, UK TV channel Jetix will begin broadcasting popular ninja anime series Naruto (as well as Oban Star Racers) later this year.

In recent months <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=3707">speculation has been rife</a> that Naruto will be hitting the UK this year (though only a DVD release was expected). All of this is expected to be officially confirmed at May's London Expo event.</p>

Ouch take that Toonami! A good move by Jetix though, I've heard they've never really got great ratings so Naruto will hopefully perform well for them.

This is fantastic news for the UK; if Naruto goes down as well as it should, it will at least double the UK anime fanbase.

Hmm, I wonder if this means Jetix aren't planning on bringing that new channel over and are just sticking some anime on their existing channel instead, its better than nothing though I suppose, it may be edited but at least its not butchered like One Piece.

I've spent the last 20 minutes poking around the Jetix page linked by Anime.org.uk's article, and I can't find anything about Naruto.

Their article was posted on the 8th, though - maybe the info was slipped and has been taken down since?

:O

This is a surprise.. shame i don't have that channel ... not that i would want to watch Naruto edited anyway, i would like to see how different it is though..

EDIT: In fact i'm really pissed off about this... i don't want Naruto to be shown on some crappy little childrens channel, edited as well...
Damn..

aniki said:
I've spent the last 20 minutes poking around the Jetix page linked by Anime.org.uk's article, and I can't find anything about Naruto.

Their article was posted on the 8th, though - maybe the info was slipped and has been taken down since?

Yeah, I noticed that too, though the "horse's head" comment must be based on something. I'd consider it a strong rumour for now, but I think with the way these Expo announcements are being hyped up, it's almost inevitable.

DaNiMé said:
:O

This is a surprise.. shame i don't have that channel ... not that i would want to watch Naruto edited anyway, i would like to see how different it is though..

From what I've heard, Naruto hasn't been edited that badly. Sure, some of the blood has been removed but it's not even in the same general area as the hack-job 4Kids pulled on One Piece. Jetix wouldn't have got into this without knowing what happens to characters like Zabuza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its really not that bad, blood hasnt been taken out completely its mostly just been toned down, its still there but theres not as much of it, and remember Naruto is a young boys show, it may be enjoyed by a wide spectrum of people but that is the main demographic for Shonen Jump. An interesting thing about the dub is that they've actually gone out of their way to make the show look better in parts, i.e. re-drawing certain things so the continuity is correct.

I've seen some of the dub myself. Some of the characters sound great (Naruto, Sasuke, Kiba, Kakashi, and Zabuza among the few) but others just sound... meh (Sakura, Ino, Chouji). TenTen's dubbing is just superb, her VO has a great tone in her voice... it doesnt sound forced at all. :)

The edits themselves aren't that bad either, though the most puzzling one ive come across so far is that they cut out Naruto and Sasuke's kiss.. :lol:

It's just a case of adjusting and getting used to it I suppose.

The edits themselves aren't that bad either, though the most puzzling one ive come across so far is that they cut out Naruto and Sasuke's kiss..

That one was a given though really, I've only seen a few episodes of the dub but I think Sakura's VA is definetly the weakest, its just your generic run of the mill young girl voice really.

I've been keeping up with the dub myself (my mum and my sister enjoying it very much, they will be very happy if it comes to uk tv). And i can also say that it's not that bad, it took me a while to get used to it, and alot of the name pronunciations still gripe me, but quite a bit of the voice acting is pretty good, i think they did a great job with Naruto, and although i think Orochimaru's voice is a little young he has his laugh down almost perfect.

All in all the editing is pretty decent also, not too much of it, just as Ramen89 said, alot of the blood has just been toned down, a little less rude language, and no Naruto and Sasuke kiss (though this i thought was weird because they kept a clip of it later in the series). So i wonder if it is going to end up on Jetix, what time will they be able to air it as it's on at around 9 in America

Wait a second... how do we know this isnt just aload of crap? The link to the Jetix site says nothing about it, and I've never even heard of this "Anime.org.uk" site before, are they to be trusted?

Ramen89 said:
Wait a second... how do we know this isnt just aload of crap? The link to the Jetix site says nothing about it, and I've never even heard of this "Anime.org.uk" site before, are they to be trusted?
Well they've never posted false information before, as far as i was aware..

I'm sure Jetix is happy to score such a cash-cow with the sprawls of merchandise that comes with the territory, if it is sucessful and the rumours prove to be true.
I won't bother to watch it of course, but it can only contribute to the UK fanbase of mainstream. Whether that's a good thing or not - remains to be seen.
________
Arizona marijuana dispensaries

its gonna be cut to hell. jetix is probably hoping to catch all the kids going through Dragonball Z withdrawl.

still....it is Anime on UK TV..well...sky. wouldent really say no.

Ah. This is good news, I really quite like the dub, and I hate watching it online ><;
As long as Jetix keep it on at a sutible time, and don't kill it like they did with Shaman King (They pulled it off air beofre it ended(Didn't they?)) then I'm a happy bunny :3

Back