Jeremy Graves announces that he will be leaving Manga UK

I wonder who's manning the pumps at the Manga UK Twitter account now, so to speak? I noticed they posted a few things over the New Year period - I suppose it's only a matter of time before they'll have to comment on new releases.

I would assume that the other staff at Fetch are still doing the publicity, but they can only work with whatever Manga HQ sends them to promote - which probably isn't very much from the sound of things.

R

It honestly pleases me Jeremy left Manga, I can only imagine how much of a pain the last few months must have been but I'm happy for Jeremy.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Joshawott said:
Jeremy has confirmed on Twitter that he is now Anime Limited's Marketing Executive.
Tis true! Very excited to be working here :)
Congratulations. ^_^

ConanThe3rd said:
So any chance AL's gonna get a podcast outta this?
I want to reiterate this question: Any chance there'll be Anime Limited podcasts from now on? #AskAtA

I mean, of course Andrew answers plenty of questions to us personally but he could easily address way more and to a bigger audience via podcasts.

Actually, I imagine writing up blogposts is sometimes really tough and tedious where you could just give a simple but detailed explanation on a podcast (which Jeremy possibly could write out afterwards using the podcast audio if necessary for Kickstarter updates for example).

Lutga said:
I wonder who's manning the pumps at the Manga UK Twitter account now, so to speak?
I noticed they posted a few things over the New Year period - I suppose it's only a matter of time before they'll have to comment on new releases.
Currently we have no faces to attach to the company, but out of context this tweet is kind of funny given the situation.

I don't know about the future of Manga, but there are a lot of worrying aspects to it.
The one tweeting now is an anime-fan, but that doesn't necessarily bode well for the future of the company even if he (or she) works at Manga directly. *looks at MVM and their DVD-only streak*

Also, they don't "have to" comment on releases, they can pull a Kaze on us really. Might be for the better actually. Die silently instead of all the "we're still alive"-honks that just annoy mislead everyone.
At this point I'd rather see all the licenses drop in licensing hell for Andrew Partridge, Jerome Mazandarani and Tony NoSirname to re-chase them down in 2016-2020.
Imagine - especially with Sword Art Online, Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass, Attack on Titan and a few others - how much we could benefit from a downfall of Manga.

GolGotha said:
Hope you're enjoying Scotland Jeremy!

Maybe if you're good, Andrew will treat you to a Macaroon Bar ;-)
1: "if", you doubt that? ;P
2: What in the world is a Macaroon Bar? Part of me feels I should just Google it. xD

anime_andrew said:
-Danielle- said:
Good luck on new endeavours Jeremy! :p :)

Andrew, you ever stop talking and they'll be hell to pay! You put up with us all so much! Especially me and some others with the odd hissy fit hehehe :D
Fear not, I like hanging out on forums and I don't do social media meltdowns really so I'll be about as per usual especially on forums. I don't usually manage the Facebook barring weighing in on occasional comments :).

So yep, still around :D.

Andrew
Yay! ;D

Note: I never really considered Jerome's rants meltdowns, nobody should.
And that one time thing that was the reason why we got Jeremy in the first place really strikes me as no big deal. What is now happening with Manga is a big deal.

I'm definitely all for an Anime Ltd podcast - that would be a very good thing indeed.

I suppose my worry is that I think the UK market does need a distributor like Manga in some shape or form, just because of the sheer volume of licenses out there. With the best will in the world, MVM alone can't be expected to pick up the bulk of the 'bread and butter' shows going forward - there's just too many of them.

Basically - I just don't want to be in a situation where lots of UK licenses don't happen because the release schedules are jam packed and there just isn't the manpower to get stuff out.

Lutga said:
I'm definitely all for an Anime Ltd podcast - that would be a very good thing indeed.

I suppose my worry is that I think the UK market does need a distributor like Manga in some shape or form, just because of the sheer volume of licenses out there. With the best will in the world, MVM alone can't be expected to pick up the bulk of the 'bread and butter' shows going forward - there's just too many of them.

Basically - I just don't want to be in a situation where lots of UK licenses don't happen because the release schedules are jam packed and there just isn't the manpower to get stuff out.

Well firstly don't count Manga out of the game just yet anyway - the shift may very well be less of a figure-head but I'd imagine only a short period of time will go by on social media before it picks up. Remember someone new is getting to grips with all you lovely folk right now and they're going to hit their stride soon I imagine - I know the folks at Fetch well so know they'll manage that exceptionally well :).

On a business level - there may be decisions folks don't agree with but ultimately so long as there's a sales team and production team you will keep seeing licenses come out in some format. Meanwhile I am more than sure between us all - Animatsu, Anime Ltd and MVM will pick up any and all the slack there :).

Worst case - we'll all grow a wee bit to take things on and creating new jobs is never a bad thing is it :)?

Andrew

Lutga said:

Conversely, we need Manga's nonsense and video conversion workflows like we need a collective hole in the head.

Back