Jeremy Graves announces that he will be leaving Manga UK

Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

anime_andrew said:
Jon O Fun said:
It appears Jeremy Graves has also left Manga...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ent/.81806

Out of respect for Manga he won't say what job he's moving onto but i'm sure the whole forum will whisper Animatsu
best of luck to him on whatever he moves onto :)

I wonder where he's going ;).

man anime limited prying the only good asset manga had left. If you'd have ask'd me about 2 months ago i'd of said manga was steadily improving, but now, it's clear that they're nothing more then a corporate corpse, a company to which i sigh whenever i hear they have licensed a title. Hope Jeremy is better utilised at AL then he was a manga, a company that we can actually be excited about.

Please tell me that Anime Limited's communication isn't going to be reduced to "No news on that, but if anything changes we'll be sure to let you know."

Glad Jeremy left, he's always been real nice (I remember being taken aback when I realized we both followed each others personals & had chatted before he joined MangaUK and actually shared similar interests outside of Anime) and even though I've never met the guy just thinking of all the slack inbound on him made me feel bad for him.

Be neat if he did end up with Anime Limited as hinted ;)

Now Manga have lost all three members of the team that kept us fans in the know, who fought for us .. :S 2015 will be interesting.

I wonder if Starz is looking to sell Manga UK? Surely if they are, they would have got more value out of such a deal a year ago when Manga were absolutely pumping stuff out.

If he has fallen in with Anime Limited then happy to hear it, do hope it doesn't mean you'll step away from being so involved in discussing all your releases and such though, Andrew.

Best of luck to Jeremy whatever he's up to though. ^^ Be very interesting to see what's afoot at MangaUK now after losing all the public faces and those who called the shots.

The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Well Anime Limited have Andrew doing plenty of Customer Liaison and Kerry as head of Marketing so unsure how Jeremy will affect that. Would be sad to lose access to Andrew but considering he has been very active for all the companies he has been employed for I doubt he'll disappear!

Very interesting. Perhaps Manga releases are (or have been recently too) just been getting done by the Anchor Bay side and that's why we've been having all these latest issues and changes as the trio from Manga weren't around to keep things the way they had been until recently (IE: quite good).

If he is going to Anime Limited, that will be pretty cool. He always seemed a nice guy via online responses I've got from him but hope Andrew does still stay around and as visible as he has been.

This departure leaves Manga as an empty husk with all the soul and personality of a Starbucks cafe. RIP.
I do seem to recall Andrew mentioning somewhere that he was hiring a fifth employee to ease the strain on the hugely overworked four they have now. I guess we know who that is. I look forward to the inaugural Anime Limited Podcast this christmas :wink:
Also, this means that if Animatsu is an anime distributor then Jerome will likely be doing the PR himself, and we all know how fun that was a few years back :p

Wasn't it a fourth person instead of fifth ?

There's Andrew, Kerry, someone who wants to remain anonymous ... oops sorry which i don't know the name of :mrgreen: And now maybe a fourth person in Jeremy ?

Stiivun said:
Wasn't it a fourth person instead of fifth ?

There's Andrew, Kerry, someone who wants to remain anonymous ... oops sorry which i don't know the name of :mrgreen: And now maybe a fourth person in Jeremy ?

Tom escaped alas, into the world of being an animator again! We mourn his departure every so often, but usually I just see him for drinks and we hit the cinema with friends so I get my fill of seeing him still :p.

Andrew

britguy said:
Well Anime Limited have Andrew doing plenty of Customer Liaison and Kerry as head of Marketing so unsure how Jeremy will affect that. Would be sad to lose access to Andrew but considering he has been very active for all the companies he has been employed for I doubt he'll disappear!

I'm not disappearing anywhere! I like talking to folks and it distracts me from work.

Also - I said I wonder where he's going - nothing more ;)!

Andrew

Something tells me this sinking ship story isn't going to have Roland Rat swoop in to save it.

Over/Under on Manga UK being no more by the end of next year?

Also, is the Podcast starting up again in it's before Manga incarnation (whatever it was called?)

anime_andrew said:
I'm not disappearing anywhere! I like talking to folks and it distracts me from work.

This pleases me!

I don't get to be nearly as active on this forum as I'd like. Every time I think I've got a little window to post here for a bit, something work related whisks me away. But it's always great to get your insights and input on the business of anime.

As a fan base, we're lucky to have access to omeone as open and affable as yourself.

(But if you sell out of Bebop Blu-Rays before I can nab them at sale price again, there WILL be blood. Just so we're all clear on that, 'kay?)

Back