Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme 2021 - This is My Place - Carving out a sense of existence and belonging in Japanese Cinema (Online Special)

I've been eager to see Labyrinth of Cinema ever since the festival premiere; it's fantastic that this will be offered for free.

Definitely want to watch Hello, World and Little Miss P but there is such a varied and interesting selection that I’m sure I’ll watch some of the others as well. :)

I've updated the article with dates/times of screenings.

Reminder: these are all free to view but you have a limited period (which you can see in the article).

I'm looking forward to all of them, Soiree and Labyrinth of Cinema in particular.

... Aaand everything was already sold out before I even got around to looking at booking for Hello World on Sunday past. 😑

They clearly didn't have enough slots on offer, did they? How disappointing.

... Aaand everything was already sold out before I even got around to looking at booking for Hello World on Sunday past. 😑

They clearly didn't have enough slots on offer, did they? How disappointing.
Yeah i forgot to book days ago too thinking that I could do it closer to the date.... nope. 😴

Completely forgot.
Restricting virtual tickets does seem a bit stupid though, must be some reason I guess.

Agreed, at the face of it they should be happy to get more money for hardly any extra expense. Unless there are license issues (i,e, they can only offer X number of tickets)

Agreed, at the face of it they should be happy to get more money for hardly any extra expense. Unless there are license issues (i,e, they can only offer X number of tickets)
I presume the idea was to pretend it's like being at the cinema so there would be limited capacity, but I feel that this whole ticket system is ridiculously stupid. I would rather have them set it up so that we can get tickets but there's no limitation so that they would then be able to see what film is the most viewed.

If Hanagatami does sell well enough, I reckon Third Window Films could acquire Labyrinth of Cinema.

Aaooww bugger, I completely missed the fact that bookings were limited and opened ages ago. Imagine my surprise when I checked in yesterday to find one movie after another sold out. I too thought it wouldn't be limited if it was online....oh well, guess I'll stick to my dvd collection of Japanese cinema for now.

I was lucky enough to be able to watch Hello World (and Haruka's Pottery). There's some more tickets getting released this week, but I'm not sure if it includes Hello World.

I went into Hello World completely blind, I did not know it was 3D animation, and when or where it was set. I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. The animation itself was quite good, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being Orange studio standard and 1 being Ex-Arm, I would place it around 8.

I was getting Girl Who Leapt Through Time vibes from it (Afterwards I checked and the Director worked on GWLTT).

A few pacing issues, but I would still recommend it to watch. 7.5/10

I was lucky enough to be able to watch Hello World (and Haruka's Pottery). There's some more tickets getting released this week, but I'm not sure if it includes Hello World.

I went into Hello World completely blind, I did not know it was 3D animation, and when or where it was set. I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. The animation itself was quite good, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being Orange studio standard and 1 being Ex-Arm, I would place it around 8.

I was getting Girl Who Leapt Through Time vibes from it (Afterwards I checked and the Director worked on GWLTT).

A few pacing issues, but I would still recommend it to watch. 7.5/10
Fantastic, thanks for the heads up. Managed to nab a ticket for hello world just now but seems most others still sold out booo! Hey ho, still keep checking in case more open up.

Was able to watch Hello World last night. Really enjoyed it! Like you I went in knowing absolutely nothing about it and came out glad I'd watched it.

Interesting you mention GWLTT as I was getting Summer Wars vibes from it, another Hosoda film!

Back