It's not official but the Anime Network looks finished

evangelion rocks said:
... at least we still have ac

True, and although they've had a few hitches now and then, it's not a bad channel. ( In fact I'd go as far as to say it's a hell of a lot better than 'AN' ever was. )

We really don't know the plans but a deal with another channel looks unlikely to me.

It seems this has came from the top, must have been losing ADV money.

they should have done the last episode of anime network like this:

have stu say to emma and the rest of the production crew whilst on a small boat"it's been an honour working with you all" and then they all pull out violins and start playing, whilst the boat with a banner saying anime network uk on slowly sinks into the depths of the ocean in a titanic esque scene(lol)
:lol:

but seriously, it's a real shame that once again britain has lost another anime programme/demi-channel.it will be interesting to hear the official statement from adv.

goodbye anime network uk

evangelion rocks said:
it will be interesting to hear the official statement from adv.

If they ever give one...Well Anime Network had a good run i guess, sad to see it going. At least we still have Anime Central.

Anime Network we hardly knew ye

Well having just read Neo there is a little bit about anime network it seems according to Hugh David they want to make anime networks programming free online? Could this mean it will continue online only or is that they want to expand it online aswell as have it on sky an shock us all by having it stay on the air? I'm clueless...

I think there will be some sort of annoucement around the beginning of January.

I think that the chances with a deal with another channel are slim, it looks more likely Anime Network will live on as a VOD service.

Wildcard said:
Tasker said:
Wildcard said:
Wow. Anime in the UK is dead...

Again. :(

Er... Not quite.

The vastly superior Anime Central is still running.

An exaggeration. It won't be dead to me unless they stop DVD sales.

Same here pretty much had seen or owned most of what was on AN and AC. The only thing I sort of kicked my self about was missing the AC Beebop marathon as I have only seen the film. The thing that got me about AN was having its shows as one big chunk so when you looked at the EPG you had no idea what was on or what was coming up.

and slowly but surely, news starts to leak out of the tight seal ADV have created

Thhe following is a reply from an e-mail sent to propeller

"Thank you for your email. We are sorry that you are disappointed that Anime has finished. Propeller TV would very much like to continue showing Anime Network but due to contractual reasons, out of our hands, it has meant that we have had to end transmission.
Please do let ADV know your feelings, you never know, they might be able to send us more shows in the future!"

Ryo Chan said:
and slowly but surely, news starts to leak out of the tight seal ADV have created

"Thank you for your email. We are sorry that you are disappointed that Anime has finished. Propeller TV would very much like to continue showing Anime Network but due to contractual reasons, out of our hands, it has meant that we have had to end transmission.
Please do let ADV know your feelings, you never know, they might be able to send us more shows in the future!"

Well god knows what ADV are up to now.

So from what we can gather it is out of Propeller's hands.

J_C_X said:
Ryo Chan said:

Well god knows what ADV are up to now.

So from what we can gather it is out of Propeller's hands.
I think that was fairly clear since everything points to the upper management of ADV pulling the channel rather than a lack of airspace for it. From the sounds of it (and the report that TAN was the most popular block on Propeller would support this) Propeller would happily welcome more content from ADV. The fact that there appears to be demand for it yet could be a hopeful sign that they are negotiating elsewhere but that is looking increasingly unlikely. I also think that ADV's silence is somewhat telling of something in negotiation in one fashion or another, possibly Hugh trying to convince upper management to continue the programme or a replacement (such as the aforementioned VoD service).

I like to think that ADV's case of terminal stupidity has gone terminal.

Expect Kanon to get all the high praise whilst Gurren Lagann gets dicked with at every turn.

Well just got an email from animenetwork it seems it is now online! http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ Although it seems this is only available to those in the US an Canada at the time being. Guess it is only a matter of time before it becomes available to us. Guess we will have to wait an see?

That Man said:
Well just got an email from animenetwork it seems it is now online! http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ Although it seems this is only available to those in the US an Canada at the time being. Guess it is only a matter of time before it becomes available to us. Guess we will have to wait an see?

that's been up for ages, it's directed at the US market only

Ryo Chan said:
That Man said:

that's been up for ages, it's directed at the US market only

It does'nt seem to be region locked, well on my PC.

Back