It's not official but the Anime Network looks finished

Jayme said:
ADV could possibly be bringing their new internet service for us over here. I think its another high possibility.

Well, it's a possibility hopefully it could be on Virgin Media as well.

All those Virgin Media subscribers need their anime as well. It's a good thing I'm with Sky.

Jayme said:
ADV could possibly be bringing their new internet service for us over here. I think its another high possibility.
Oh goody, now not only are we being dipped out of a channel block, we're going to have to use the same ****** VOD service that doesn't work like the americans.

Hey, there mr. ADV Guy, Merry F****ing Christmas.

The main reason that Anime Network failed in my opinion is that their selection isn't suited to mainstream taste.

We have got the normal selection like Eva and Cayote. But there were very obscure title such as Paponi Dash and Azumanga Dioh not appealing to most of the audience (Which are sadly, male), while there were pretty a boring boy selection on a sunday.

And since Anime Central came, with their titles such as Bleach and Ghost in the shell, it just dig a deeper hole for Anime Network. That, and a lot of anime companies were promoting AC a lot, that anime fans probably forgot about AN.

The only thing I won't forget about AN is that they actually shows anime that the typical female audience liked. And they actually fun compared to most of the boring generic male anime.

Sy said:
I've never seen Azumanga Diaoh as very obscure.

Since my best mate said "Azumanga Diaoh is obscure". Then I take his opinion of the mainstream.

We're talking about Mainstream, not dedicated anime fans.

I just think more people who don't know much about anime would recognise the name Azumanga Dioah rather than Coyote Ragtime Show. Besides Azumanga is pretty family friendly, anyone can watch it (I wouldn't consider it a show aimed at a female audience personally). It seems more accessible than a lot of other shows that were on Anime Network.

"We're all pretty angry, hurt and confused by the situation (and I'm including the ANUK team itself here as Stu, Hugh and I are caught in the middle as well) and are waiting for definite answers. You say ADV broadly, but forget ye not that ADV is a company spanning countries, Hugh David being the face of the UK branch - and seriously, no one can deny the amount of work, sweat and tears he has been putting in...so much as I understand your frustrations, go easy and try to understand that a lot of cooks go into making a channel-cake happen, and it only takes one to confuse salt for the sugar, leaving the rest of them paying the price and trying to fix it.....to use a rather naff analogy ^_~"

thats a quote from Emma Vieceli, take what you want from that.

To me it seems like this decision has came from America.

J_C_X said:
"We're all pretty angry, hurt and confused by the situation (and I'm including the ANUK team itself here as Stu, Hugh and I are caught in the middle as well) and are waiting for definite answers. You say ADV broadly, but forget ye not that ADV is a company spanning countries, Hugh David being the face of the UK branch - and seriously, no one can deny the amount of work, sweat and tears he has been putting in...so much as I understand your frustrations, go easy and try to understand that a lot of cooks go into making a channel-cake happen, and it only takes one to confuse salt for the sugar, leaving the rest of them paying the price and trying to fix it.....to use a rather naff analogy ^_~"

thats a quote from Emma Vieceli, take what you want from that.

To me it seems like this decision has came from America.

hehe conan causing an uproar it seems ^^

This situation is VERY weird. Anyway, I do hope Anime Network make their own channel or something. ADV have lots of great shows, they just need to start using them in better ways (Gurren Lagann on TV as quickly as possible would be a good move - such an energetic series would be sure to pull in some non-anime-fans).

As for Emma Vieceli and that other presenter ... meh! They were pretty wooden as presenters go, and ANUK isn't really losing anything if they don't return. Perhaps a dedicated, half-hour show all about anime and manga would better serve to highlight their presenting talents?

It's my hope aswell that anime network has either got it's own channel or has a deal with another, but with stuff like that being said, things don't exactly look good, i guess all we can do is wait and see

evangelion rocks said:
maybe they'll put something on at the end?

They've told us jack-all so far, so what makes you think they'll change now?

:?

I guess we know what they think of their UK viewers. :cry:

Even if they do say something, at this stage they've ruined any goodwill they might have built up.

Tasker said:
evangelion rocks said:
maybe they'll put something on at the end?

They've told us jack-all so far, so what makes you think they'll change now?

:?

I guess we know what they think of their UK viewers. :cry:

Even if they do say something, at this stage they've ruined any goodwill they might have built up.

Well this is the last one tonight acording to the Sky EPG.

So it's as good as finished.

Back