It's not official but the Anime Network looks finished

J_C_X

Great Teacher
Propeller TV have updated the schedule and it's lacking the Anime Network.

According to Digiguide after the 31st of December there will no Anime Network. Digiguide is fairly accurate and I can't see this being wrong.

It's all a matter of time, I'd imagine ADV will announce something in the coming days.

I'd still hold out hope that they could have signed a deal with another channel or animecentral.

Hmm, it could be the Channel PropellerTV itself. As far as I know, it's not a very popular channel if you take out Anime Network so they could be closing down and removing what they've got. Just an idea.

Deidara said:
Hmm, it could be the Channel PropellerTV itself. As far as I know, it's not a very popular channel if you take out Anime Network so they could be closing down and removing what they've got. Just an idea.

I think Propeller is a public funded channel. I can't see Propeller closing down at all.

It's odd if Anime Network is their highest rated show why remove it? It does'nt make sense. I'd like to know if it was a case of ADV cancelling their deal with Propeller or vice versa?

Ryo Chan said:
i wonder if this is part of the "big announcement" stu mentioned before he left

More than likely.

Is it a deal with a bigger channel. I'd think it's a deal with another channel, that would at least explain the presenters departure,

I took a look on there forums seems they haven't announced anything seems the staff are away till january so maybe negoations are happening over at the us.
Or they got lazy they haven't updated the viewing guide past 1st january

XnickX said:
I took a look on there forums seems they haven't announced anything seems the staff are away till january so maybe negoations are happening over at the us.

They have updated beyond the 1st of January and it's lacking the Anime Network. Thats why I created this thread.

Propeller have announced their January schedule and it's minus the Anime Network.

J_C_X said:
XnickX said:

They have updated beyond the 1st of January and it's lacking the Anime Network. Thats why I created this thread.

Propeller have announced their January schedule and it's minus the Anime Network.

I was talking about the anime network website :p
I was thinking it doesn't make sense adv would give up so easily.
This isn't some amateur low funded channel like rapture this is a large buisness and a desicion like this wouldn't be made on a spur of the moment so what there planning is beyond me :/

XnickX said:
J_C_X said:
XnickX said:

I was talking about the anime network website :p
I was thinking it doesn't make sense adv would give up so easily.
This isn't some amateur low funded channel like rapture this is a large buisness and a desicion like this wouldn't be made on a spur of the moment so what there planning is beyond me :/

I know that I'd just like to see if the deal has been cancelled.

I don't think anything has been "canceled". ADV probably signed a 6 month contract with Propeller TV and decided that, for whatever reason (ratings, obviously), it wasn't worth renewing. If you remember back to the statements released by the presenters, they made it clear they weren't fired, which suggests that, most likely, AN simply won't exist to employ them past December. I'm a little baffled ADV are yet to release any statements about all of this... It's a bit of a kick in the teeth for the fans who have supported AN since June to let it just fade away without so much as a warning.

Also, the ratings must have fallen fairly drastically over autumn (around about the time Anime Central launched). At AmeCon (which is late August) they were announcing the expansion of Anime Network from just weekends to every week night... It's surprising how it's fallen from grace so rapidly.

Paul said:
I don't think anything has been "canceled". ADV probably signed a 6 month contract with Propeller TV and decided that, for whatever reason (ratings, obviously), it wasn't worth renewing. If you remember back to the statements released by the presenters, they made it clear they weren't fired, which suggests that, most likely, AN simply won't exist to employ them past December. I'm a little baffled ADV are yet to release any statements about all of this... It's a bit of a kick in the teeth for the fans who have supported AN since June to let it just fade away without so much as a warning.

Also, the ratings must have fallen fairly drastically over autumn (around about the time Anime Central launched). At AmeCon (which is late August) they were announcing the expansion of Anime Network from just weekends to every week night... It's surprising how it's fallen from grace so rapidly.

Which is strange, I bought the anime special of SFX not that long back it had a feature on the Anime Network.

Well both Hugh David and the guy who runs Propeller claimed it was the highest rated show on Propeller. It seems odd even with the launch of Animecentralm, it has fallen to unexceptable levels to continue. So the way I see it this must have came from ADV not Propeller.

I think they should put it on a more well known channel. Unlike us, most people dont get informed about these kind of things and i believe there are people out there that would watch it, but dont because they dont know it exists :D

I have a suspicion that they may well have or are in the middle of striking a deal with another channel. As I understand it there is no advertising on Propeller, which means that TAN would probably be running at a loss (unless Propeller paid them for content rather than TAN paying Propeller for a forum). With that in mind a channel whereby they can advertise and take a share of the advertising revenue during their slot would constitute a much better deal. The stint with Propeller could easily have been a proof of concept with which ADV could then propose a deal with other channels.

Gawyn said:
I have a suspicion that they may well have or are in the middle of striking a deal with another channel. As I understand it there is no advertising on Propeller, which means that TAN would probably be running at a loss (unless Propeller paid them for content rather than TAN paying Propeller for a forum). With that in mind a channel whereby they can advertise and take a share of the advertising revenue during their slot would constitute a much better deal. The stint with Propeller could easily have been a proof of concept with which ADV could then propose a deal with other channels.

Thats pretty much which I suspect as well.

God knows who though will take them.

Back