It's not official but the Anime Network looks finished

This is, after all, the mer-murdering, Frog Delaying, VOD That doesnt working company known only as ADvision, after all.

To think they wouln't dick us eventualy is like saying that robots won't eventualy go Matrix on us. It might be true, but your going to look silly for not apreciating the threat.

Mohawk52 said:
I think you should e-mail John Ledford and Matt Greenfield and tell them just how you feel , Conan.
That doesn't work, I vote with my "dollars", punch them where it counts. Thier wallets.

Actauly, a more accurate statement would be "I would love to buy thier crap but the crap that catches my attention ain't out here".

Conan-san said:
Mohawk52 said:
I think you should e-mail John Ledford and Matt Greenfield and tell them just how you feel , Conan.
That doesn't work, I vote with my "dollars", punch them where it counts. Thier wallets.

Actauly, a more accurate statement would be "I would love to buy thier crap but the crap that catches my attention ain't out here".
So it's all your fault that ADV has ditched ANUK then? (jking) Just what do you consider as not crap, out of curiousity?

Mohawk52 said:
Conan-san said:
Mohawk52 said:

So it's all your fault that ADV has ditched ANUK then? (jking) Just what do you consider as not crap, out of curiousity?

You should hear him on Toonzone.

Here's your problem.....

A: Anime Central are keeping their schedule plans rather quiet. Its currently believed the following new series will be shown on Anime Central:
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
.hack//SIGN
Gundam SEED
s-CRY-ed
Witch Hunter Robin
Bleach Series 2 starts on the 23rd of Oct.
And hopefully they will show Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

Certain series are unlikely to be seen on Anime Central as they are currently being shown on other channels. These include:
Naruto
Pokemon
Mew Mew Power

UPDATE: Anime Central have been talking to ADV UK about showing ADV series on Anime Central. As to which series I do not know, but this is a good indication as it opens up a lot of possible new series to Anime Central.
There are threads discussing future anime shows so please read these before posting on the forum:
http://animecentral.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=600

<Message>

Got that on their forum. That's were the Anime Network went.

J_C_X said:
Here's your problem.....

A: Anime Central are keeping their schedule plans rather quiet. Its currently believed the following new series will be shown on Anime Central:
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
.hack//SIGN
Gundam SEED
s-CRY-ed
Witch Hunter Robin
Bleach Series 2 starts on the 23rd of Oct.
And hopefully they will show Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
.asp
Certain series are unlikely to be seen on Anime Central as they are currently being shown on other channels. These include:
Naruto
Pokemon
Mew Mew Power

UPDATE: Anime Central have been talking to ADV UK about showing ADV series on Anime Central. As to which series I do not know, but this is a good indication as it opens up a lot of possible new series to Anime Central.
There are threads discussing future anime shows so please read these before posting on the forum:
http://animecentral.com/forums/tmx?m=600

<Message>

Got that on their forum. That's were the Anime Network went.
All of the shows you mentioned were already announced as going to air back when the channel was launched so they were hardly keeping quiet about it. As fare as the three potentials you list at the end, Mew Mew Power is shown on Pop Girl if I remember correctly, which is owned by CSC as well so a potential crossover isn't absolutely impossible. The show would not fit into the particular demographic that AC is vying for so that makes it all the more unlikely. As far as what happens next for AC, they do have GitS: SAC 2nd Gig so that will likely begin airing at the next cycle or the one thereafter. Other than that they have likely been negotiating for a number of other shows from other distributors and will announce what when they have got solid information and (likely) shortly before they go to air.

Right so the reason it got the plug pulled here was because they pulled it in the good old U.S of A. Well that sucks. So guess it was nothing to do with ratings or costs or any such thing it was all down to AN USA going if were not having it your not either well thats great that is :x

That Man said:
Right so the reason it got the plug pulled here was because they pulled it in the good old U.S of A. Well that sucks. So guess it was nothing to do with ratings or costs or any such thing it was all down to AN USA going if were not having it your not either well thats great that is :x
ADV is a US based company. just what did you expect?

That Man said:

Well to me that looks as if their VOD service will launch in the UK as well. Xbox Live, Virgin and IPTV all these markets will be open to them soon.

Mohawk52 said:
That Man said:
ADV is a US based company. just what did you expect?
I expect better treatment after all were British an as such there cultural superiors with better breeding damn yanks can't treat us like were equals! *Ends Rant*
Or well guess I expected this but its still a shame they did it after all it was doing well here. Lets see how it goes with Animecentral.

That Man said:
Or well guess I expected this but its still a shame they did it after all it was doing well here. Lets see how it goes with Animecentral.
By the way most are talking at ANN's forum we had more viewers then them as it wasn't very available on their local cable networks, which is probably why ADV finally pulled the plug on the whole thing. Anyway I'm sure Hugh and Mark at AC will come up with something positive. it just means I'll have to wait a bit longer to see the rest of Kurau

Back