It's happened! One Piece to be released from episode 1!

benny566 said:
what's the dub like on the us version?
Its of a pretty high standard, I would put it up there with the Bleach dub. I'm not that much of a fan of Clinkenbeard's attempt at Luffy although, Technically it sounds alright... I suppose. All the other characters are of a pretty high standard as well - Just a bit different to the Japanese voices, Not that much.

If you watched DragonBall.. You should be able to place the voices with other characters apparently. That would probably be quite strange.

Inform me when the UK gets One Piece, then I'll discuss this in much detail and show my passionate side towards the news, until then. :0

But the dub is really good, it's not a masterpiece [yet] but I would rate it highly, all the voices are mostly spot on. Hate the people who're asking for Japanese openings and endings though. -_-

As I haven't got the R1 DVD of Movie 8, I never knew this. During a random search about the FUNi logo, It seems you can change it on the disc's. So, If you are watching it dubbed - You'll get the FUNi one and if your not, You'll get the Original so no doubt, They'll do this on the season sets as well. <3

I can't wait for the first set to get released! ;D

I think Movie 8 is quite good...seems a bit random having the first Western movie release as something that's just a retelling of part of the series, but I still liked it. I never saw to the end of the Alabasta stuff on Toonami, so awesome. Cool saga, so I enjoyed seeing it all in a neat chunk.

I got used to the new voices very quickly...I was a bit wary of it, but Funimation have done a great job (as usual).

...but Funi's official site doesn't mention "season 1" anywhere, and the main splash has Chopper, Sanji and Nico (http://www.onepieceofficial.com/). I really hope it is from the start, but I'm waiting for official word from Funi before I get too excited. I've ordered it anyway.

CitizenGeek said:
AWESOME! I think this might be the DVD set that makes me giving in and get an R1 DVD player! :]
You probably don't need to buy a region 1 DVD player since 99% of DVD players can be unlocked to region free.

I might have to check out this dubbed version. It might give it new life like Bleach.

So I don't know why Funimation still hasn't made a press release about it, or actually confirmed it as starting from episode 1. They've also very very very slowly updated their website for it, yet still not mentioned the word season 1 or episode anywhere.

But yeah, that dub sounds pretty awesome.

melonpan said:
So I don't know why Funimation still hasn't made a press release about it, or actually confirmed it as starting from episode 1.
This is unexpected of you.

Funimation via ANN said:
And for a one-two-three punch, the first of Funimation's DVD release of the uncut, Japanese-dialogue One Piece is scheduled for that date as well. One Piece, Season 1: First Voyage will be a two-DVD, 13-episode set, and further releases of the pirate adventure series will follow the same pattern of availability as sets only.

Source: ANN: Anime Boston: Funimation

Jayme said:
melonpan said:
So I don't know why Funimation still hasn't made a press release about it, or actually confirmed it as starting from episode 1.
This is unexpected of you.

Funimation via ANN said:
And for a one-two-three punch, the first of Funimation's DVD release of the uncut, Japanese-dialogue One Piece is scheduled for that date as well. One Piece, Season 1: First Voyage will be a two-DVD, 13-episode set, and further releases of the pirate adventure series will follow the same pattern of availability as sets only.

Source: ANN: Anime Boston: Funimation

That's not a press release though. That's someone transribing their panel.

What I want is a full press release detailing everything to do with the release.

Like this.

Back