It's a (plastic) Gundam!!!

hey chaps, I wanted to know if there is some kind of figurine database you can recommend. I would love to find the series of plastic models I bought my Zaku from (picture above). I obviously dont have the packaging but I remembered that these full model figurines were released for the origin releases / during their cinema run in Japan.
Pretty sure the Zaku is from the Robot Spirits line.

I know. It's amazing. I'd love to know how long it took to build and paint, and how many kits were used.
For sure and also how much planning must have gone into it. Working out which pieces from which kits could be used and how to put it all together. And the fact it looks so good and professional at the end.

Nice repaint. The Moon Gundam is from a manga series btw.

Have you seen the G40? The articulation is crazy for a HG, it has 2 joints on each ankle and has an additional joint on the thighs just behind the hip armour.
I have seen it, and to be honest I think it looks horrible, and it's a bit pricey but the frame looks amazing. If they use that on other kits it'll be good.

First attempt at casting some resin parts. Started with some Zaku pointy bits. Not as pointy as they should be but I think I know why. Looks like an air bubble on the end, next time I'll pour the resin in slower and poke it down 😅 Not a problem though, I'll just stand them down a bit.

IMG_20191013_175232276-01.jpeg
IMG_20191012_220047751-01.jpeg
IMG_20191013_134627608-01.jpeg

IMG_20191021_131558752-02.jpeg

I really dislike RG kits, this was such a pig. Parts drop off it if you look at it the wrong way. Even though I was careful with the joints, slowly working them to loosen them the left arm still broke. His is held together with 2 brass rods and some super glue with bicarbonate of soda.
I really like the unicorn as a design but the colour is so dull. I was going to paint it but after the build I just couldn't be arsed. So I stuck a few decals on it, matt topcoated, stuck him on a base and called it done.
I may try and pick up an MG of the unicorn at some point, for painting, but not for a while.

Last edited:
View attachment 10987

I really dislike RG kits, this was such a pig. Parts drop off it if you look at it the wrong way. Even though I was careful with the joints, slowly working them to loosen them the left arm still broke. His is held together with 2 brass rods and some super glue with bicarbonate of soda.
I really like the unicorn as a design but the colour is so dull. I was going to paint it but after the build I just couldn't be arsed. So I stuck a few decals on it, matt topcoated, stuck him on a base and called it done.
I may try and pick up an MG of the unicorn at some point, for painting, but not for a while.

The MG Unicorn has the same problems unfortunately, it is not an RG exclusive problem for that model. The only good Unicorn is the PG which sucks for fans.

The HG is fine as well but it is a HG

The MG Unicorn has the same problems unfortunately, it is not an RG exclusive problem for that model. The only good Unicorn is the PG which sucks for fans.

The HG is fine as well but it is a HG
I thought the MG would have had a different inner frame? The fact that it's bigger would be a bonus. I've not got the daintiest of hands and my eyes are knackered. RGs look nice when built but they just seem to make them to finicky for the sake of it.

I thought the MG would have had a different inner frame? The fact that it's bigger would be a bonus. I've not got the daintiest of hands and my eyes are knackered. RGs look nice when built but they just seem to make them to finicky for the sake of it.

Oh yes it has a bigger frame which would be better if you struggled with small kits but it uses the same engineering design iirc (someone correct me if I am wrong) flaws and all.

Oh yes it has a bigger frame which would be better if you struggled with small kits but it uses the same engineering design iirc (someone correct me if I am wrong) flaws and all.
It is a different model with different issues, but still falls apart. The main issue I have with the MG is the arms are unable to support the weight of its weapons, the FA Unicorn can't even stand properly either

Back