It's a (plastic) Gundam!!!

Mine came with stickers rather than transfers for whatever reason. Similarly not keen on using them as they'll probably fall off at some point.

I personally think the metalic stickers are pretty solid on gunpla. They are usually placed between two bits of clear plastic so there is no fear of them falling off. Here's an example on my recent picture with a sticker inside the head right at the top.

.jpg

Of course if you don't want to they are optional :)

The water transfers in my case is more that I think they might make an uneccessary mess of detail. Perhapes I might use them on the shields?

EDIT: Unrelated to comment but just on a side note, my thoughts on the thunderbolt kit itself. It was great fun to build but took a heck of a long time with all the extra armour. Still though this was probably my favorite one, now I have my PG Unicorn next which is a completely different beast to tackle.

Last edited:
I personally think the metalic stickers are pretty solid on gunpla. They are usually placed between two bits of clear plastic so there is no fear of them falling off. Here's an example on my recent picture with a sticker inside the head right at the top.

View attachment 8858

Of course if you don't want to they are optional :)

The water transfers in my case is more that I think they might make an uneccessary mess of detail. Perhapes I might use them on the shields?

EDIT: Unrelated to comment but just on a side note, my thoughts on the thunderbolt kit itself. It was great fun to build but took a heck of a long time with all the extra armour. Still though this was probably my favorite one, now I have my PG Unicorn next which is a completely different beast to tackle.
Did you get the led kit as well? Looks amazing on it, easy to install after assembly if you decide to get it at a later date.

And it's done.

View attachment 8854

Missiles pods open and locked on

View attachment 8855

The engineers told me it was a technical impossibility to keep adding missile pods to a mobile suit but I made a discovery in the original plans that allowed this by simply telling the engineers to shut up.

Not shown are even more missile pods on the back

Finally we have an unused sheet of water transfers which I am on the fence about using

View attachment 8857
That's a shelf filler right there, looks awesome.

Day 4. The body is ready.
2cEjLUi.jpg

Ok, so I'm thinking of getting a Sinanju to go with my RG Unicorn, but I can't decide between the RG or the HG. I like that they use black and gold plastic on the RG as opposed to stickers on the HG, but I'm not keen on how glossy the finish is on the HG. I've looked at some reviews of the RG kit and doesn't appear to be as solid as the HG....decisions 🤔

Ok, so I'm thinking of getting a Sinanju to go with my RG Unicorn, but I can't decide between the RG or the HG. I like that they use black and gold plastic on the RG as opposed to stickers on the HG, but I'm not keen on how glossy the finish is on the HG. I've looked at some reviews of the RG kit and doesn't appear to be as solid as the HG....decisions 🤔

Ultimately is what you prefer. A HG is the safer bet financially and skill wise they are the simplest, but the RG will look a lot nicer than the HG anytime on your shelf, especially next to your RG unicorn.

Alternatively as a third option may I suggest trying an MG out? They are the next skill level up and the boost in detail is as good as an RG. Plus building a larger model takes a bit more time but is very satisfying. MG is my personal line of choice.

48031616012_41639c5418_b.jpg

Finished my first Gunpla! Made it all in a single sitting this afternoon, with a mild hangover to boot. I'm no good with posing, do this'll have to do. As you can probably see, I'm pretty awful at getting neat cuts when getting all the parts off the plastic, but I don't think I did too bad.

Looks good dude and congratulations, did you enjoy it? I'm sure any of us can give you tips for some good sprue cuts if you want them :)

Also I hate to be that guy but you put on the feet guards on backwards ;)

proxy.jpg

Back