It's a (plastic) Gundam!!!

Wow you really took to the hobby didn't you? :D (I spy a RG Unicorn, you can tell us what it's like lol)
It looks great, a bit finicky to transform and the head has a tendency to fall apart(the mg is the same). The best looking RGs hands down have to be the Sazabi and the Sinanju though. The gloss finish on both are amazing and the entire kits are under gated.

Ah, even better, £13 is nothing really. Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at this one Bandai #01 RX-78-2 Gundam 1/144, Real Grade: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Speaking of RG's the kit you linked to is one of them, which is why it's more expensive than the other version which @DragoStark recommended.

For quick reference kits are graded as the following:

HG = basic 1/144 scale model
MG = intermediate skill 1/100 scale model with great detail.
RG = MG quality at 1/144 scale
PG = 1/60 scale model with emaculate detail. Everyone secretly wants a PG Phenex.

It looks great, a bit finicky to transform and the head has a tendency to fall apart(the mg is the same). The best looking RGs hands down have to be the Sazabi and the Sinanju though. The gloss finish on both are amazing and the entire kits are under gated.

That's good to hear thanks, if I get the RG Nu Gundam I would get an RG Sazabi with it more than likely (how could I not?)

I think you're looking at the wrong one. It's this one: Bandai Hobby HIGH GRADE UNIVERSAL CENTURY R: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

I haven't actually bought any of my gunpla online (I've either gotten them when I was in Japan or from MCM)
The stall I got them from though are http://gundammad.co.uk but idk I find their online shop lacking. Most of the items are blimmin out of stock. I was gonna ask @Patient-X where he's been ordering his from actually so I guess now's a good time as any haha!
I've been buying mainly mine from PlazaJapan. The last couple of orders have only taken a week to arrive and that's using the cheapest postage option. I've got some on the way from AmiAmi aswell.

The UK shop I've bought one from is GundamShop . Like the other UK store, Gundam mad, most is out of stock.

I'll add these links to the first post next time I'm on the PC.

I've been buying mainly mine from PlazaJapan. The last couple of orders have only taken a week to arrive and that's using the cheapest postage option. I've got some on the way from AmiAmi aswell.

The UK shop I've bought one from is GundamShop . Like the other UK store, Gundam mad, most is out of stock.

I'll add these links to the first post next time I'm on the PC.

You should check out HLJ.com - The Worlds Largest Online Hobby, Toy and Figure Shop (thanks for the full advert line hlj, I'm not shilling I swear :p) if you are buying in bulk, alot of folk swear by it for that.

They have a feature that let's you buy and then store in a "private warehouse." Then from there you can mix and match your gunpla in which ever postage fashion you want and you have full control when each box get's dispatched.

You should check out HLJ.com - The Worlds Largest Online Hobby, Toy and Figure Shop (thanks for the full advert line hlj, I'm not shilling I swear :p) if you are buying in bulk, alot of folk swear by it for that.

They have a feature that let's you buy and then store in a "private warehouse." Then from there you can mix and match your gunpla in which ever postage fashion you want and you have full control when each box get's dispatched.
I've looked on there a few times but haven't ordered from them.......yet 😉

If you are looking for P Bandai stuff Hobby Frontline's prices are pretty reasonable and are based in Ireland so there are no additional import fees(for now).

If you are looking for P Bandai stuff Hobby Frontline's prices are pretty reasonable and are based in Ireland so there are no additional import fees(for now).

Thanks kindly, P Bandai are fun and I think they have just provided me the RG Sazabi of my dreams. (That price though makes it a no :()

Thanks kindly, P Bandai are fun and I think they have just provided me the RG Sazabi of my dreams. (That price though makes it a no :()

Yeah, P Bandais can be pricy. Have 5 P Bandai kits myself, the RG Exia Repair upgrade, RG Exia Trans Am, RG Strike Freedom Wings of Light upgrade and the MG Full Armor Gundam Hanger. The most expensive of those was the Trans Am, that cost me €55 the upgrade kits cost me between €30 and €40 each.

Thread made it seem fun, so I bought my first kit to try.

s59sLP3.png

4 hours later...
m0Kqn4X.jpg

I've posted about this elsewhere but in case anyone else finds it useful here's a link. Last year I wrote an article about starting off building robot models including Gundam (among others) for the companion blog for Retro Mecha Podcast. It has a few tips and observations about coming to the hobby as a beginner.

I've posted about this elsewhere but in case anyone else finds it useful here's a link. Last year I wrote an article about starting off building robot models including Gundam (among others) for the companion blog for Retro Mecha Podcast. It has a few tips and observations about coming to the hobby as a beginner.

I actually read that article last year, not long after I bought my first kit which I've very recently built. Found it very useful, thanks 👍

I'm glad. There's so much info on Gundam and general plastic model building online and so many different guides and stuff it can be a bit overwhelming. When I started I struggled to find a concise, easy to follow beginners guide purely about building and not painting. To be honest I still haven't painted any. I find it difficult to find the time to build them nevermind paint em. There's also that issue of trying to find a kit that's suitable for a first time painting attempt. I want to try my hand at one that's a decent size so it's not like trying to paint the head of a pin while also having a simple colour scheme. I'm thinking something like a Zaku or Z'Gok might be a good one for my first attempt.

Last edited:
Back