IT'S A GUNDAM! The Gundam Home Release Checklist

@NormanicGrav: thanks a lot for the list at page 1 - this is a wonderful help for everyone that is new to the topic and wants to dig in (like myself)! Cheers!

I do have a question concerning the green marked "all the anime" ones: do you know if the Endless Waltz is still planned for 2019? And for a newcomer - does it require to watch the series or is it a decent stand alone experience?

@NormanicGrav: thanks a lot for the list at page 1 - this is a wonderful help for everyone that is new to the topic and wants to dig in (like myself)! Cheers!

I do have a question concerning the green marked "all the anime" ones: do you know if the Endless Waltz is still planned for 2019? And for a newcomer - does it require to watch the series or is it a decent stand alone experience?
Hello there! Yes, Anime Limited is still planning on bringing Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz to the UK this year, it is part of their big push to get a bunch of Gundam out since last month - so far Char's Counterattack, and soon Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower and Gundam Wing Part 1 are sorted. Their exact dates are still not final but it'll be released after Gundam Wing Part 2 (Part 1 is out this coming Monday).

Endless Waltz is a continuation of the TV series but admittedly I actually don't know if it works as a standalone installment.

It kind of does as it does a retcon of the designs of the mechs the designs are better in EW and probably the biggest draw to it. Its fun but like all of Wings its a fun 90s not very serious show.

Endless Waltz is basically a capper to the end of the TV series. I think you'll get very little out of it going in blind. Endless Waltz is framed around the idea of "What's next for soldiers in a world that has finally achieved peace?" and overall addresses some criticisms of the show's idealism.

Thanks to all for the updates!! Mmhm, o.k Endless Waltz really seems like a movie especially for the fans of the series. I was quite suprised how popular this perticular series is compared to the rest. Especially when you think about all the criticism...

With the announcement that Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans is coming to the UK, here's the current checklist for Gundam as a whole. Updated as of 25th June.

Of the 20 titles (not including TV compilation versions such as Origin and Unicorn), Anime Limited have acquired 10 of 17 available Gundam titles (3 are unreleased across both regions).

Nozomi has released 7 more than Anime Limited and those will require 1 release per title except for Victory Gundam which requires at least 2 sets.

#AnimeFormatReleaseDistributorEN Blu-ray?
01Mobile Suit GundamTV Series2 Blu-ray setsAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
02Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie TrilogyFilm Trilogy1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
03Mobile Suit Zeta GundamTV Series2 Blu-ray setsAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
04Mobile Suit Gundam ZZTV Series2 Blu-ray setsAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
05Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's CounterattackFilm1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
06Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the PocketOVA Series1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
07Mobile Suit Gundam F-91Film1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
08Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust MemoryOVA Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
09Mobile Suit Victory GundamTV Series2 Blu-ray setsNozomiYes
10Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS TeamOVA Series1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
11Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOOOVA Series1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
12Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New TranslationFilm Trilogy1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
13Mobile Suit Gundam UnicornOVA Series1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
14Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December SkyFilm1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
15Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: Chronicle of Char and SaylaOVA Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
16Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit FlowerFilm1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
17Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: Chronicle of the Loum BattlefieldOVA Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
18Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXISOVA SeriesUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
19Mobile Suit Gundam NarrativeFilmUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
20Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash Movie TrilogyFilm TrilogyUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A

Of the 6 titles, Anime Limited have acquired 0 of 2 available Gundam titles (4 are unreleased).

Nozomi has acquired 2 of 2 available Gundam titles across 2 Blu-ray sets.

#AnimeFormatReleaseDistributorEN Blu-ray?
01Gundam Build FightersTV Series1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
02Gundam Build Fighters TryTV Series1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
03Gundam Build Fighters Special Disc
(Battlogue, GM’s Counterattack, Try: Island Wars)
Special1 Blu-ray setNozomiN/A
04Gundam Build DiversTV SeriesUnreleasedNozomiN/A
05Gundam Build Divers Re:RiseTV SeriesUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A

Of the 18 available Blu-ray releases (1 of which is DVD only while 5 are unreleased), Anime Limited have acquired 10 of 18 available Gundam titles, however, only 5 of 10 have been released.

Nozomi has acquired 16 of 16 available Gundam titles, however, 3 have yet to be released.

Funimation acquired only 2 of 2 available Gundam titles.

##AnimeFormatReleaseDistributorEN Blu-ray?
01A1Mobile Suit Gundam AGETV Series2 Blu-ray setsNozomiYes
02A2Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Memory of EdenFilm1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
03B1Mobile Suit Gundam WingTV Series2 Blu-ray setsAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
04B2Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless WaltzOVA Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
05C1After War Gundam XTV Series2 Blu-ray setsNozomiYes
06D1Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 1TV Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
07D2Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2TV Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
08D3Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special EditionOVA Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
09D4Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the TrailblazerFilm1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
10E1Turn-A GundamTV Series2 Blu-ray setsAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
11E2Turn-A Gundam: Earth Light and Moonlight ButterflyFilms1 Blu-ray setNozomiYes
12F1Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
[HD Remaster]
TV SeriesUnreleasedNozomiN/A
13F2Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
[HD Remaster]
TV SeriesUnreleasedNozomiN/A
14F3Mobile Suit Gundam SEED the Movie C.E. 73: StargazerFilmUnreleasedNozomiN/A
15G1Mobile Fighter G GundamTV Series2 Blu-ray setsNozomiYes
16H1Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 1TV Series2 Blu-ray sets
1 re-release set
Anime Limited
Funimation
Yes
17H2Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2TV Series2 Blu-ray sets
1 re-release set
Anime Limited
Funimation
Yes
18I1Gundam Reconguista in GTV Series1 Blu-ray setAnime Limited
Nozomi
Yes
19I2Gundam Reconguista in G Film VersionFilmsUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
20J1Mobile Suit Gundam-sanTV SeriesUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
21J2Mobile Suit SD GundamOVA SeriesUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
22J3SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle WarriorsOVA SeriesUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
23J4SD Gundam World Sangoku SoketsudenOVA SeriesUnreleasedUnreleasedN/A
24J5Gundam EvolveSpecials1 DVD setNozomiNo

Last edited:
So Nozomi announced the Gundam SEED Ultra Edition and I'm trying to figure out how AL could handle their iteration. Note that the original SEED & SEED Destiny have already been BBFC'd so in a sense only the HD Remasters and the Special Editions films will require them.

In my mind I'm thinking of two variations:
  1. A regular route focusing only on the HD Remasters:
    1. First Print editions like the previous sets:
      1. SEED Part 1 - Collector's Edition Box [3 Blu-ray discs]
      2. SEED Part 2 - Collector's Edition Booklet/Poster/Artcards [3 Blu-ray discs]
      3. SEED Destiny Part 1 - Collector's Edition Box [3 Blu-ray discs]
      4. SEED Destiny Part 2 - Collector's Edition Booklet/Poster/Artcards [3 Blu-ray discs]
      5. C.E. 73: Stargazer - Collector's Edition Box with Poster/Artcards [??? Blu-ray discs]
    2. Second Print editions like the previous sets:
      1. SEED Part 1 - standard edition set [3 Blu-ray discs]
      2. SEED Part 2 - standard edition set [3 Blu-ray discs]
      3. SEED Destiny Part 1 - standard edition set [3 Blu-ray discs]
      4. SEED Destiny Part 2 - standard edition set [3 Blu-ray discs]
      5. C.E. 73: Stargazer - standard edition set [??? Blu-ray discs]
  2. A shop exclusive deluxe edition route focusing on everything SEED:
    1. Deluxe Box to house all of SEED (the size overall will be the same as Gundam Wing):
      1. SEED Part 1 - Collector's Edition Box [3 Blu-ray discs]
      2. SEED Part 2 - Collector's Edition Booklet/Poster/Artcards [3 Blu-ray discs]
      3. SEED Original - Collector's Edition Box with Poster/Artcards [4 Blu-ray discs]
        • (No SE like the Nozomi version)
    2. Deluxe Box to house all of SEED Destiny:
      1. SEED Destiny Part 1 - Collector's Edition Box [3 Blu-ray discs]
      2. SEED Destiny Part 2 - Collector's Edition Booklet/Poster/Artcards [3 Blu-ray discs]
      3. SEED Destiny Original - Collector's Edition Box with Poster/Artcards [4 Blu-ray discs]
    3. Deluxe Box to house all of the SEED films:
      1. SEED Special Edition - Collector's Edition Box [3 Blu-ray discs]
      2. SEED Destiny Special Edition - Collector's Edition Booklet/Poster/Artcards [3 Blu-ray discs]
      3. C.E. 73: Stargazer - Collector's Edition Box with Poster/Artcards [??? Blu-ray discs]

Last edited:
Yeah they've said Gundam market isnt big enough to have a CE hence why the 00 set was cancelled and I cant see even with SD BDs SD Seed/Destiny being worth them producing discs/sets for unless the price is say £20 higher per set and also the films being SD only makes me think AL wont bring them over either.

I selfishly hope they only include the HD versions just so im not paying extra for something I'm never going to watch. :p

Seed, Seed Destiny & Stargazer CE's inside one big Seed box would be perfect.

If they do SD original versions for SEED, then that surely sets a precedent for them to include the original broadcast 'Archive of Evangelion' episodes in their NGE set.

My copy of the newly released UC Gundam Libraries edition of Mobile Suit Gundam (0079) arrived yesterday and it looks lovely. I can confirm that Episode 15, Cucuruz Doan's Island, also has English subtitles.

Back