IT'S A GUNDAM! The Gundam Home Release Checklist

Bannion

Completely Average High School Student
@NormanicGrav: thanks a lot for the list at page 1 - this is a wonderful help for everyone that is new to the topic and wants to dig in (like myself)! Cheers!

I do have a question concerning the green marked "all the anime" ones: do you know if the Endless Waltz is still planned for 2019? And for a newcomer - does it require to watch the series or is it a decent stand alone experience?

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
@NormanicGrav: thanks a lot for the list at page 1 - this is a wonderful help for everyone that is new to the topic and wants to dig in (like myself)! Cheers!

I do have a question concerning the green marked "all the anime" ones: do you know if the Endless Waltz is still planned for 2019? And for a newcomer - does it require to watch the series or is it a decent stand alone experience?
Hello there! Yes, Anime Limited is still planning on bringing Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz to the UK this year, it is part of their big push to get a bunch of Gundam out since last month - so far Char's Counterattack, and soon Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower and Gundam Wing Part 1 are sorted. Their exact dates are still not final but it'll be released after Gundam Wing Part 2 (Part 1 is out this coming Monday).

Endless Waltz is a continuation of the TV series but admittedly I actually don't know if it works as a standalone installment.

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
It kind of does as it does a retcon of the designs of the mechs the designs are better in EW and probably the biggest draw to it. Its fun but like all of Wings its a fun 90s not very serious show.

HellCat

Thousand Master
Endless Waltz is basically a capper to the end of the TV series. I think you'll get very little out of it going in blind. Endless Waltz is framed around the idea of "What's next for soldiers in a world that has finally achieved peace?" and overall addresses some criticisms of the show's idealism.

Bannion

Completely Average High School Student
Thanks to all for the updates!! Mmhm, o.k Endless Waltz really seems like a movie especially for the fans of the series. I was quite suprised how popular this perticular series is compared to the rest. Especially when you think about all the criticism...